What's new

With Ships and Missiles, China Is Ready to Challenge U.S. Navy in Pacific

Informative. And somewhat worrisome. It seems Chinese ambitions, overabundant national pride, and hubris, are becoming a danger. To the Chinese themselves most of all.

China fired 0 bullet at foreigners in the last 30 years, guess which country started more wars than rest of the world combined in the last 30 years? China's military build up is in response to US going to the middle east invading countries left and right, and bombing civilians with impunity. Yet you somehow think China's response is a "threat", but not US militarism around the world?

Informative. And somewhat worrisome. It seems Chinese ambitions, overabundant national pride, and hubris, are becoming a danger. To the Chinese themselves most of all.

China's naval development is to ensure regional peace, keep trade rotes open, fight piracy and other crimes, protect national waters, sea features (man made and nature made) and coastlines, and ensure that global trade continues unhindered due to one actor holding all the punitive powers.

These are all positive contributions and you must be jumping ten feet high with overjoy.

Having multiple sources of power equal to each other is good for small and medium countries, like yours.

Again, you are claiming your own unsubstantiated opinions as facts.

As for your claim that China is building up its military, I agree with it. However, I disagree with your claim that this proves China is the aggressor. China, for many decades, has had a really low budget comparative to its GDP. The US spends a lot more on defense (I'd argue the proper term would be offense) as a percentage of GDP than China. Therefore, I absolutely fail to see how a simple increase in China's military spending, which is below average in the world in terms of GDP percentage, would suggests a desire to attack the "west".
As for Taiwan, it has always been a part of China. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the Chinese government to ensure the integrity of China's land. I don't know why you refuse to acknowledge China's sovereignty.
As for resource exploitation, you can't be more wrong. Statistically, Europe and the US imports more resources than China does from Africa. Considering this fact and European's past dealings with Africa, you are being completely hypocritical by stating China is exploiting Africa.

Again, I don't know why you unreasonably hate China so much.

i don't hate China.

i find the Chinese military build-up suspicious. for reasons i indicated earlier, and for reasons you yourself indicate. "taiwan has always been a part of china".. that's a total lie. they haven't been a part of china, and don't want to be a part of china, ever since they gained independence.

China fired 0 bullet at foreigners in the last 30 years, guess which country started more wars than rest of the world combined in the last 30 years? China's military build up is in response to US going to the middle east invading countries left and right, and bombing civilians with impunity. Yet you somehow think China's response is a "threat", but not US militarism around the world?

you can twist the responses against terrorism any way you want, and you can phrase your criticism in such a way that you appear of higher moral standards than the west, but objective viewers will remember what China does to those who disagree with their policies publicly; nastier and more denied forms of oppression and violence to suppress them.

we'll see *how* china expands it's influence. for now, i say they've started an arms race with the west, and are constantly adding fuel to that fire.

China's naval development is to ensure regional peace, keep trade rotes open, fight piracy and other crimes, protect national waters, sea features (man made and nature made) and coastlines, and ensure that global trade continues unhindered due to one actor holding all the punitive powers.

These are all positive contributions and you must be jumping ten feet high with overjoy.

Having multiple sources of power equal to each other is good for small and medium countries, like yours.

i hope so, but i fear it won't. big countries always draw smaller countries into the wars they fight against eachother..

i don't hate China.

i find the Chinese military build-up suspicious. for reasons i indicated earlier, and for reasons you yourself indicate. "taiwan has always been a part of china".. that's a total lie. they haven't been a part of china, and don't want to be a part of china, ever since they gained independence.

blatant lie. Taiwan's official name is Republic of China, their own constitution states "taiwan is part of china". Practically every single country in the world recognizes Taiwan as part of china, including UN, US, and rest of the world. To date, Taiwan hasn't declared independence, and their constitutions still says Taiwan is part of China. There are independence movement in Taiwan, but that doesn't mean Taiwan had declared independence and yes, Taiwan has always been part of china. Don't believe me? look up Republic of China(taiwan) own map, Qing dynasty map and Ming dynasty map. Stop reading western biased media.

blatant lie. Taiwan's official name is Republic of China, their own constitution states "taiwan is part of china". Practically every single country in the world recognizes Taiwan as part of china, including UN, US, and rest of the world. To date, Taiwan hasn't declared independence, and their constitutions still says Taiwan is part of China. There are independence movement in Taiwan, but that doesn't mean Taiwan had declared independence and yes, Taiwan has always been part of china. Don't believe me? look up Republic of China(taiwan) own map, Qing dynasty map and Ming dynasty map. Stop reading western biased media.

They have effective independence, and hold military drills to prove to the Chinese military that they can't be invaded.
They also have a much different culture than what Beijing wants it's citizens to adhere to.

I don't care so much about appeasing language in their constitution or public statements.
If they wanted to rejoin China, they would have already, and they would not be holding military drills to prepare against invasion by China.

i hope so, but i fear it won't. big countries always draw smaller countries into the wars they fight against eachother..

As a small country, fear the US regime, which is turning neo-fascist, not China.

China builds bridges, the US destroys the ones already built by others.

The US exports death and destruction. China exports manufactured goods.

Realistically, relations between big-powerful and small-less powerful cannot be equal. As in nature, in international relations, too, natural laws apply in great degree (although tamed by international conventions). So, there will be a degree of inequality in relations between small and big. But, China tries to best distribute chances and achieve common, inclusive development.

BRI is a testament to that.

You know the US tried its own Silk Road project in 2011 (even before the BRI). But failed miserably. Why? Because they only know how to kill and destroy, not how to create and build.

That's a fundamental difference.

And,yes, Taiwan is China. Belongs to China. Me and overwhelming majority of Taiwan new generations feel even strongly like that. Our lives, chances, future, and all prospects are unbreakably tied.

ok you make good points.

i guess we'll see a peaceful re-unification between Taiwan and China over the next decades then.

happy to hear it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom