What's new

With eye on exports, Tejas on display in Bahrain air show

Good initiative by HAL, they have started to put it out to the world which will do good to the project.

As much as many would have liked a static display, you cant send an aircraft to a world class foreign air show when the aircraft is going through IOC xx certification process.

Will US allow export of Tejaas?

QDMyvDt.jpg
1D5fJcv.jpg

Should've brought a C-17 and a Tejas to the show. :D

@sancho @Water Car Engineer ^^ The aircraft seems bristling with sensors...is this indicative of greater capabilities compared to the Erieye or is it just that India failed to miniaturize the whole system and hence the platform had to be modified substantially?

Additional EW and ESM sensors, SATCOM and a refelling probe, all features that makes it more capable than the EMB Erieye, but the Swedish radar system is more capable, at least compared to the specs available.

Additional EW and ESM sensors, SATCOM and a refelling probe, all features that makes it more capable than the EMB Erieye, but the Swedish radar system is more capable, at least compared to the specs available.

Wait, the other Erieye platforms do not have a Satcom link??

And your post sort of both confirmed my fears and comforted me. Strange! :)

The US can't deny the sale of LCA, only the sale of the US engine, but do you honestly think export agreements weren't included in the licence production deal? :rolleyes:

Wait, the other Erieye platforms do not have a Satcom link??

And your post sort of both confirmed my fears and comforted me. Strange! :)

No they haven't, but that depends on customer requirements anyway.

The US can't deny the sale of LCA, only the sale of the US engine, but do you honestly think export agreements weren't included in the licence production deal? :rolleyes:

Yes I think America won't allow. They forced you to sign CISMOA and you didn't do t, right? So how could they let you re export engines with you forcing you to do something which India would refuse flatly

These are full scale mock up model. ... right???
@sancho

These must be the mock ups. But there's something very strange about them. Their wing joints look similar to actual production models. Also, the primer coating looks authentic. Why would they be built as per design specs internally if they're just mock-ups? Any ideas?

And several countries has already purchased Gripen, so what's the target market remaining for LCA?

I was talking about American engine being in the way.

If tejas is exported. It would probably be exported in small numbers, like the previous Griphen orders.

US wouldn't care. They're already making much more in the Indian market, then from any possible country ordering Tejas, etc.

These are full scale mock up model. ... right???

That's not a mock up supposedly. That Tejas was coming back from somewhere to Bangalore airport.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom