What's new

With a range of 4,500 km .. Learn about the "Sukhoi 35" fighters that Egypt bought

r37.jpg

@vostok
Do you know if any progress was made with the missile and if it works with Su-35?

Wonder if US will sanction Egypt for this or not.
Doubt it...If they had a plan to sanction, they would have threatened Egypt before the SU35 contract negotiation. Beside the US needs Egypt as ally.

It is kind of a childish way as well too to think they can prevent Egypt from diversifying its arms. If they do so they risk loosing a very important and strategic allay in the middle east. It is there problem that they are not able to offer the best military gear in the world to clients any more.

Egypt bought Su-35 to counter Turkish F-16. Su-35 is vastly superior to F-16C.

Do we need Su-35 to counter the Turkish F-16C operating AIM-120B with 73 km range while we have R-27ER missiles with up to 130km range and R-77 missiles with up to 110km range on our Migs? Not to mention the current Rafale armament and the rest that coming?

We buy weapons for any possible enemy in a volatile region, not for a single or certain nation in particular.

Yet I agree that purchasing Su35 was a great decision. Thanks to the political leadership that took a decision that should have been taken decades ago, and pushed to implement it in a record time.

A PAF F16 has successfully downed an IndAF Su-30 while it was carrying Israeli EW, avionics etc!!! Not to mention it was being guided and protected by Israeli AWACS and ground based AD!!! On top of it, a Israeli pilot was also inside that plane....

Israel's time-line to destroy the entire Egyptian AF is a couple of hours any time of the day....

Israelis and Indians are no fools!!! In my hometown they run the major companies with a revenue totaling in trillions of $s...

Haram IN, Haram OUT...

Last edited:
PAF F16 has successfully downed Su-30 while it was carrying Israeli EW, avionics etc!!! Not to mention it was being guided and protected by Israeli AWACS and ground based AD!!! On top of it, a Israeli pilot was also inside that plane....

Israel's time-line to destroy the entire Egyptian AF is a couple of hours any time of the day....

I think you meant Su-24. No Su-30 has ever been shot down.

Do we need Su-35 to counter the Turkish F-16C operating AIM-120B with 73 km range while we have R-27ER missiles with up to 130km range and R-77 missiles with up to 110km range on our Migs? Not to mention the current Rafale armament and the rest that coming?

We buy weapons for any possible enemy in a volatile region, not for a single or certain nation in particular.

Yet I agree that purchasing Su35 was a great decision. Thanks to the political leadership that took a decision that should have been taken decades ago, and pushed to implement it in a record time.

Turkey lays claims to Egypt due to irrendentism. Erdogan's expansionist policy has Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Greece, Lebanon, KSA, Cyprus spooked.

PAF F16 has successfully downed Su-30 while it was carrying Israeli EW, avionics etc!!! Not to mention it was being guided and protected by Israeli AWACS and ground based AD!!! On top of it, a Israeli pilot was also inside that plane....

Sorry but i don't think PAF F-16s have Israeli stuff on them. Thats India that uses Isreali avionics and weapons on there fighter planes not Pakistan. That was an Su-30mki that was shoot down too and which had Isreali avionics on them as well. That is a correction to what you are said.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom