What's new

Winter wonderland in China, just beautiful

that's cruel.
In my days I used to look for any kind of excuse to miss school, especially weather.
If I had school as shown, my friends and me would've spent entire day making snowmen.:p:

@TaiShang beautiful pictures!
When the 2008 snow disaster was hitting China, I was at school...
But no excuse, because we all lived on campus, all roads were covered by snow or ice!

Meili Snow Mountain:Godlike snow mountain in China
(Chinadaily.com.cn) November 25, 2016

Meili Snow Mountain, also known as Prince Snow Mountain, is located 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) northeast of Deqin County in Yunnan province. It sits on the border of Yunnan province and Tibet, where the three famous rivers, namely the Jinsha, Mekong (Nu) and Salwen (Lancang) flow. Known for the grandest view in Yunnan Province, Meili Snow Mountain boasts numerous snow-clad ridges and peaks, thirteen of which exceed 6,000 meters (19.685 feet) above the sea level. The most splendid view is of the Kawagebo Peak, the highest in Yunnan Province rising about 6,740 meters (22,112.86 feet). It is still a virgin peak for no one has ever reached the top. Meili Snow Mountain is one of the most sacred mountains of Tibetan Buddhism. Kang Karpo Peak means the God of Snow Mountain in Tibetan, and is a holy land for worshiping. [Photo/IC]

FOREIGN201611251345000588122599356.jpg
Gosh, my memory was triggered!
My hotel is right at this place!
I just lied on my balcony and stared at the mighty peaks!
The main peak, the goddess peak, the 5 fingers peak!

Snowy scene in Jiangsu
(People's Daily Online) November 25, 2016

China’s Jiangsu province has embraced its first snowfall. Fluffy snowflakes cover the roofs of traditional buildings, whitening tranquil roads and trails. Plumes of smoke curl upwards into the gloomy sky, marking the arrival of winter. (People’s Daily Online)

China’s Jiangsu province has embraced its first snowfall. Fluffy snowflakes cover the roofs of traditional buildings, whitening tranquil roads and trails. Plumes of smoke curl upwards into the gloomy sky, marking the arrival of winter. (People’s Daily Online)

FOREIGN201611251047000480331624011.jpg

Winter scenery of West Lake in China's Hangzhou
(Xinhua) 09:43, November 25, 2016

Photo taken on Nov. 24, 2016 shows the scenery of the West Lake in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province. (Xinhua/Huang Zongzhi)

Photo taken on Nov. 24, 2016 shows the scenery of the West Lake in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province. (Xinhua/Huang Zongzhi)

2894331307008189578.jpg

Photo taken on Nov. 24, 2016 shows cars driving at the West Lake scenic spot in Hangzhou, capital of east China's Zhejiang Province. (Xinhua/Huang Zongzhi)

Hemu village in Xinjiang, a hidden heaven
China.org.cn, November 25, 2016

Located within the Kanas Lake scenic area in the north of Xinjiang Province, Hemu, one of the six most beautiful villages in China, is a rather primitive village. Here, visitors can enjoy the snow mountain, icy lake, grassland and primitive Tuwa minority village whom lived there thousand years.[China.org.cn/Photo by Qi Jun]

Dunhuang sees first snowfall in NW China
(Xinhua) November 26, 2016

A staff member drives a motorcycle at Crescent Lake scenic spot in the Mingsha Mountain of Dunhuang City, northwest China's Gansu Province, Nov. 25, 2016. Dunhuang saw its first snowfall this Winter on Friday. (Xinhua/Zhang Xiaoliang)

Visitors on camels view the snow scenery at Crescent Lake scenic spot in the Mingsha Mountain of Dunhuang City, northwest China's Gansu Province, Nov. 25, 2016. Dunhuang saw its first snowfall this Winter on Friday. (Xinhua/Zhang Xiaoliang)

Visitors view the snow scenery at Crescent Lake scenic spot in the Mingsha Mountain of Dunhuang City, northwest China's Gansu Province, Nov. 25, 2016. Dunhuang saw its first snowfall this Winter on Friday. (Xinhua/Zhang Xiaoliang)

Rime creates stunning winter scene on Hengshan Mountain
2016-11-25 11:18 | Ecns.cn | Editor:Yao Lan

Hengshan-Mountain,Hengyang-City,Hunan.(1)_24Nov2016.jpg

Visitors tour around Hengshan Mountain on November 24, 2016. Hengshan Mountain is located in Hengyang city, central China’s Hunan province and is dubbed as one of the five sacred mountains in China. The recent continuous cold weather has wrapped the mountain with snow and icicles.(Photo: China News Service/Tan Ya)

Hengshan-Mountain,Hengyang-City,Hunan.(2)_24Nov2016.jpg

Visitors tour around Hengshan Mountain on November 24, 2016. Hengshan Mountain is located in Hengyang city, central China’s Hunan province and is dubbed as one of the five sacred mountains in China. The recent continuous cold weather has wrapped the mountain with snow and icicles.(Photo: China News Service/Tan Ya)

Hengshan-Mountain,Hengyang-City,Hunan.(3)_24Nov2016.jpg

Hengshan-Mountain,Hengyang-City,Hunan.(4)_24Nov2016.jpg

Fantastic ice-frosted scenery on Mount Lu in Jiangxi
(People's Daily Online) November 30, 2016

Photo taken on Nov. 24, 2016 shows the striking scenery of frosted greenery and a cloud sea over Mount Lu in Jiujiang, Jiangxi province. As one of the most renowned mountains in China, Mount Lu is known for its grandeur, steep grade and beauty. It is part of Lushan National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996. (Xinhua/Miao Hua)

Photo taken on Nov. 24, 2016 shows the striking scenery of frosted greenery and a cloud sea over Mount Lu in Jiujiang, Jiangxi province. As one of the most renowned mountains in China, Mount Lu is known for its grandeur, steep grade and beauty. It is part of Lushan National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996. (Xinhua/Miao Hua)

FOREIGN201611301658000481704987829.jpg

Snowy scene in Jiangsu
(People's Daily Online) November 25, 2016

FOREIGN201611251047000480331624011.jpg

The fotos are beautiful. When it snows there this year?

Nice pictures

I wonder how Chinese houses are kept warm in winter? Do you have central heating powered by electricity, gas or hot water?

In Germany the winter is also approaching fast. We have at some places -10 C degree at night. Unusually cold at this time. No snow yet, but my car is prepared for a hard winter, should the streets be filled by meters of snow :cheesy:

Nice pictures

I wonder how Chinese houses are kept warm in winter? Do you have central heating powered by electricity, gas or hot water?

In Germany the winter is also approaching fast. We have at some places -10 C degree at night. Unusually cold at this time. No snow yet, but my car is prepared for a hard winter, should the streets be filled by meters of snow :cheesy:

We in China has a latitude line dividing North and South, in north, the government will provide gas since Nov., in South, we have no gas, steam, nothing. I forget the latitude degree, since I rarely care about that.

Nice pictures

It's 23 degree in my city right now, hahaha. See the living weather here and temperature.
Screenshot_2016-12-01-16-15-40.png

Back
Top Bottom