What's new

Winter wonderland in China, just beautiful

I don't like tropical weather.

Ice and snow festival of last year....
Hope this year's festival in Harbin could be more fun

View attachment 352971 View attachment 352970 View attachment 352968 View attachment 352969 View attachment 352967 View attachment 352972
I have enough of snow. that is it I want. a place where I grew up: Nhatrang
saigon-nha-trang-beach-tour-3180.jpg

I have enough of snow. that is it I want. a place where I grew up: Nhatrang
saigon-nha-trang-beach-tour-3180.jpg
i don't want to be sweeting every second, i hate weather in Malaysia and Singapore.
And in the development view, coldness helps human being evolve both physically and intellectually.
I'm for 4 distinctive seasons.

i don't want to be sweeting every second, i hate weather in Malaysia and Singapore.
And in the development view, coldness helps human being evolve both physically and intellectually.
I'm for 4 distinctive seasons.
you call me physically and intellectually being not fully evolved if you like but I like a cold beer on the right side, and a beautiful beach girl in bikini on the left :laugh:

honestly, winter is something I don´t need. cold, dark and depressing.

Winter can be fun, as well. But, I always feel more productive in warm seasons than in cold seasons.

Winter or summer, I do not like days that are extreme cloudy and evening appears to come like 3 hours earlier.

Everything feels sulky, unhappy and depressed to me then.

But I like bright, open blue sky winters with fresh snow on the ground. When in the overseas, I experienced this oftentimes. Nice to watch the bitter cold and snowstorm from the comfort of your dorm room.

Like @AndrewJin says, experiencing 4 season in a sequence is probably the best. Besides, cold area people, as I feel, tend to be more hardworking and creative, perhaps. Of course, this is just my impression.

Beautiful snow dragons.

Winter can be fun, as well. But, I always feel more productive in warm seasons than in cold seasons.

Winter or summer, I do not like days that are extreme cloudy and evening appears to come like 3 hours earlier.

Everything feels sulky, unhappy and depressed to me then.

But I like bright, open blue sky winters with fresh snow on the ground. When in the overseas, I experienced this oftentimes. Nice to watch the bitter cold and snowstorm from the comfort of your dorm room.

Like @AndrewJin says, experiencing 4 season in a sequence is probably the best. Besides, cold area people, as I feel, tend to be more hardworking and creative, perhaps. Of course, this is just my impression.

Beautiful snow dragons.
snow is quite ok, but the sky becomes dark, no sun shining, then the personal mood sinks to a new low.

winter in Vietnam

Amazing Heavenly Village in China's Anhui
China.org.cn, November 16, 2016

Tiantang Village, which literally means Heavenly Village in Chinese, is a national forest park located at the northern foot of Dabie Mountain in Jinzhai County, Liujin City, Anhui province. With a forest coverage rate of 95 percent, the highest of all Chinese scenic areas, Tiantang Village is the last virgin forest in Northern China. [China.org.cn]

Tiantang Village, which literally means Heavenly Village in Chinese, is a national forest park located at the northern foot of Dabie Mountain in Jinzhai County, Liujin City, Anhui province. With a forest coverage rate of 95 percent, the highest of all Chinese scenic areas, Tiantang Village is the last virgin forest in Northern China. [China.org.cn]

That's not exactly right. Look at the history of Europe and you'll see that Southern Europe (hot, warm, sunny) is historically the core region of European progressivity (Roman Empire, Byzantium). On a more general note, people from hot areas were leading in science & culture for thousands of years (for instance: Egyptian Empire, Arabian Empires, Persian Empires, Aztec States just to name a few etc.). Having said these, if we are talking about these days you're right, of course.

This makes me think, how much of tourism opportunity we can have in our Gilgit Blatistan region if such avenues are created!

It remains summertime city of Shenzhen in southern China ! Guys , i still wear T-shirt here !

Yesterday big sun in Taipei.

Night scenery of Taipei, China's Taiwan

Xinhua, November 18, 2016

Photo taken on Nov. 16, 2016 from Xiangshan Mountain shows the night scenery of Taipei, southeast China's Taiwan. (Xinhua/Zhu Xiang)

Meanwhile in Mainland...

Muztag Ata: 'ice mountain father'

China.org.cn, November 17, 2016

Muztag Ata is located at the junction of Aketao County and Taxkorgan Autonomous County in Xinjiang Province. The 7,509-meter peak, whose name literally translates as "ice mountain father", is covered with snow all year around. The calm waters of the lake below the mountain reflect a mirror-like image of the impressive scene. [China.org.cn/Photo by He Dongping]

Border police patrol in snowy Xinjiang Province
(People's Daily Online) 18:20, November 18, 2016

A team of border police patrol the mountains of Altay Prefecture in Xinjiang Province. The region was recently hit by heavy snow, with temperatures dropping to below 20 degree centigrade. Some areas are covered in as much as 70 centimeters of snow. (Lu Xiaokun/China News Service)

FOREIGN201611181821000056703268679.jpg

First snow of the year blankets Beijing
(China.org.cn) November 21, 2016

Beijing has had its first snow since entering winter this year. The snow can be seen blanketing many of the city's urban areas on the morning of Nov. 21. [Photo by Chen Boyuan / China.org.cn]

Blue alert issued for snow in north China
2016-11-20 12:25 | Xinhua | Editor: Huang Mingrui

Some areas in northern China are likely to see heavy snow or blizzard, as the country's national observatory issued a blue alert on Sunday.

Some parts of Inner Mongolia, Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei are forecast to embrace heavy snow between 8:00 a.m. Sunday and 8:00 a.m. Monday, according to the National Meteorological Center (NMC).

Some parts of Beijing and Hebei are predicted to see a blizzard during the period, said the NMC.

The public in these regions have been advised to stay indoors, and warned to take protective and emergency measures against snow and frost.

China has a four-tier color-coded system for severe weather, with red being the most serious, followed by orange, yellow and blue.

From Sunday to Thursday, temperatures in most parts of central and eastern China are forecast to decline by 6 to 10 degrees Celsius, the NMC said Saturday.

If there are members who live in north China, please take care and stay safe.

Blue alert issued for snow in north China
2016-11-20 12:25 | Xinhua | Editor: Huang Mingrui

Some areas in northern China are likely to see heavy snow or blizzard, as the country's national observatory issued a blue alert on Sunday.

Some parts of Inner Mongolia, Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei are forecast to embrace heavy snow between 8:00 a.m. Sunday and 8:00 a.m. Monday, according to the National Meteorological Center (NMC).

Some parts of Beijing and Hebei are predicted to see a blizzard during the period, said the NMC.

The public in these regions have been advised to stay indoors, and warned to take protective and emergency measures against snow and frost.

China has a four-tier color-coded system for severe weather, with red being the most serious, followed by orange, yellow and blue.

From Sunday to Thursday, temperatures in most parts of central and eastern China are forecast to decline by 6 to 10 degrees Celsius, the NMC said Saturday.

If there are members who live in north China, please take care and stay safe.

OMG, my city, 16 degrees less today!
From around 20 to around 0!!!

Rain and snow!
屏幕快照 2016-11-21 23.11.04.jpg
屏幕快照 2016-11-21 23.12.59.jpg

17936192754017273849.jpg
12135817861771012161.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom