What's new

Durgapur in Bangladesh is surely most beautiful tourist spot

Correction:

Even though the most recognizable artifact out of IVC is the Sindhu Priest King bust but no temple or statues have been found. The people were said to be ancient atheists.
There are many theories surrounding the matter, what we do know is that they weren't Hindus, or Buddhists, which is what I'm trying to tell our Bengali friends here.

I should have been more specific about my question. This comment in Bold.

You are free to consider yourself a former Sudra, but it is not wise to tag all Bengali Muslims like the ones as you are.
I was answering to the statement of @Riyad that he considers himself as a Nomosudra who see forefathers converted to Muslim. So, I stated my viewpoint that he himself may consider himself a Sudra Muslim, but not all are the same.

I said it because I have read many old history books that said the settlement of many Muslims in Bengal from the west of India, Northern India, Yemen (read Ibn Batuta), Qatar, Ethiopia/ Eritrea, etc. as well during the course of about 560 years.

There was a saying, "There are thousands of roads to enter Bengal but not a single road to go out". That meant people migrated to Bengal in thousands but no one left because this land had plenty of wealth to support the livelihood of those who settled.

Bengali Muslims are a mixed group of people, those who converted to Islam and those outsiders who settled here. All intermixed through centuries, especially during and after the British rule.

There are many theories surrounding the matter, what we do know is that they weren't Hindus, or Buddhists, which is what I'm trying to tell our Bengali friends here.
Even the Afghan Pathans were Hindus and Buddhists before they were forced by the Persian Muslims to accept Islam. It took about 100 years to pacify them. I will not say anything about Punjabis, but note their family names, they were also the same. One group remained Hindus, another group converted to Islam and yet another group became Sikh at a later time.

Please read history instead of lecturing others who know better than yourself. By the way, have you ever read the heredity of Quaid-e-Azam?.

It doesn't matter what they started off as, they were the first to adhere to an earlier form of what is known as Hinduism a broader superset of idol worshippers and the gradual west to east spread of the faith.

Even the Afghan Pathans were Hindus and Buddhists before they were forced by the Persian Muslims to accept Islam. It took about 100 years to pacify them. I will not say anything about Punjabis, but note their family names, they were also the same. One group remained Hindus, another group converted to Islam and yet another group became Sikh at a later time.

Please read history instead of lecturing others who know better than yourself. By the way, have you ever read the heredity of Quaid-e-Azam?.
There is literally no evidence of the people of Mohejodaro being Buddhists and Hindus. Cry me a few more tears. Famous historians around the world have failed to realize what Mr.bluesky on PDF knows.
It doesn't matter what they started off as, they were the first to adhere to an earlier form of what is known as Hinduism a broader superset of idol worshippers and the gradual west to east spread of the faith.
Evidence? There is literally no connection of the people of Mohenjodaro and Harappa to modern Hinduism and Buddhism.

By that logic we blame your ancestors for the spread of Hinduism
IVC Harappa were not even Hindu bro.
And my ancestors were most likely Zoarastrian or whatever but never hindu. Irrespective Im glad they found the straight path Islam.

And my ancestors were most likely Zoarastrian or whatever but never hindu. Irrespective Im glad they found the straight path Islam.
depends on where in Pakistan you were from, some can be Zoroastrians, most were Buddhists and some of them were Hindus
central Punjabis are likely to be Hindus and people in Potohar, KP,Balochistan were mostly Buddhists

I see what your saying, but every academic and non academic source point to Hinduism starting there? And then a few people are telling me it doesn't...

I'd rather stick to the consensus and everywhere I look points to the IVC. I'm not attributing IVC to being anythinh like modern Hinduism but earlier forms originated there

Anyway I really couldn't give a sh-t
There is literally no evidence of the people of Mohejodaro being Buddhists and Hindus. Cry me a few more tears. Famous historians around the world have failed to realize what Mr.bluesky on PDF knows.

Evidence? There is literally no connection of the people of Mohenjodaro and Harappa to modern Hinduism and Buddhism.

Buddhism most likely started in eastern India on what I've read in the past. Most successful empires of Bengal were Buddhist and famous Buddhist are are located in east Bengal (samatata) which constituted the region I'm from and Chittagong/arakan.

You misread my previous post by the way

depends on where in Pakistan you were from, some can be Zoroastrians, most were Buddhists and some of them were Hindus
central Punjabis are likely to be Hindus and people in Potohar, KP,Balochistan were mostly Buddhists
Potohar is just a part of punjab only with a slightly different dialect.

Back
Top Bottom