What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters
Hello Karan , Will we Get F-18 Growler Version which USA Uses if we buy it ???

For now, no. USN recently started inducting EA-18 Growlers, entering operational service in 2008! Its still a sensitive piece of technology which the USN is reluctant to share with anyone atm.

i have voted for EFT, but i boubt that F 18 might win due to political influence.
Mr.Obama is visiting India some time in Nov and this might be the game changer!!!

I think we should dump this mmrca thing coz 4.5 gen. Jets are outdated now. We should save mmrca money to buy more pak fa. M sure they will b ready for the action in next 5 years. Anyway my vote goes for ef.

personal Fevrite is Rafale, no infrastructure cost (common with Mirage), no special training & weapons (Again Common with Mirage), promis to change the engine with Kaveri (if successful & gives required power) to replace Rafales under powered engines........

but place my money on F 18 SH Political decision.... also the watered down version wont have a match.

Euro fighter is most eligible candidate of MRCA winner and their is 60% probability to win the MRCA but F-18 is also a one of the best candidate of MRCA because of American effect however euro fighter is much better than f-18 and they also did not offer any scheme like eurofighter and gripen. F-16 and Rafael is worse fighter among them in the term of fighter capacity and political view. mig-35 is also a good fighter but no chance to win the MRCA bcoz india don't like to buy no anymore Russian aircraft due to it's heavy maintenance problem....so only two aircraft can win the MRCA: Eurofighter and F-18 SH

well its India so one cannot deny involvement of politics and corruption in defense deal. So the competition will be mainly between Russia and US ie mig 35 and f18, because i dont think f 16s have any chance.

Super Hornet will win the contract by Hook or by crook - Yanks wont go easy.

who will win - f18, not the slightest of the doubts with the current government set up in place.

i want - eurofighter.

though don't discount the russians, expectation is they might get a deal of 2-4 squads of Mig35 post this deal is done.

it is all about politics no matter what ACM PV Naik has to say.

This must be 15th thread of the similar title..

But here you go..

Since there are chance that the tender will be split between two

My combo will be RAFALE+SH or, EF+SH

This must be 15th thread of the similar title..

But here you go..

Since there are chance that the tender will be split between two

My combo will be RAFALE+SH or, EF+SH

Sir this is a poll, I m not aware of any other on this forum for MRCA

The competition is going to be only American or Russian and the choice would be part political.

Going American would mean Russia can then be pursued by Pakistan for defence deals as well, so that will be in the back of Indian minds.

Going Russian would miff out the Americans for all that they've invested in India and sidelined Pakistan for.

Most probably they'll go for Americans

not really asim, in all likely hood the mmrca contest has been capped at 126 with no further orders, the winner of which is already decided, and no prizes for guessing who.

beyond this russians will come into the picture with mig35 the discussions of which took some steam when the indian president was on russian tour, this deal is expected to be for anywhere between 2-4squads.

other than that the order for 42 additional su30MKIs has been confirmed by ACM Naik which should be signed with in 6 months time period, which was first supposed to be sourced directly from russia under a fast track procurement agreement but with the manufacturing rate of Su30MKIs increasing dramatically, all additional manufacturing will now be done in india.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom