What's new

Winds of change here at PDF

Government relations do have a direct effect on we interact on the PDF. At present the relationship between India and Pakistan is of restraint, hence PDF is calm; hence, IMO it has not do with increased 'maturity' of the posters.

Its your perception of seeing things and may be correct for you sir but fortunately its not like that . When was the last time you saw people like Mastan khan and krait talk ill about other countries .
Fanboys are everywhere but then u need to be different from them to be different :-)

For me its maturity after 2500 more posts :lol:

magnifying-glass5.gif

Its your perception of seeing things and may be correct for you sir but fortunately its not like that . When was the last time you saw people like Mastan khan and krait talk ill about other countries .
Fanboys are everywhere but then u need to be different from them to be different :-)

Mastan Khan and Krait are a rare species on Planet PDF.

Mastan Khan and Krait are a rare species on Planet PDF.

I kind of knew that you would come up with this answer . I and also you know that there are far more nos. that them both , people like Icarus , Raphael , Bangalore , that IndoCarabbian and many many more .......:lol:

I kind of knew that you would come up with this answer . I and also you know that there are far more nos. that them both , people like Icarus , Raphael , Bangalore , that IndoCarabbian and many many more .......:lol:

All I can say is that sane poster are a minority in this forum

Having been around for a considerable length of time I have been privy to all sorts of things & events. I have collected my share of infractions and raps on the knuckles with a few ' shabash' as well.

In the initial years things were downright hostile with no quarters asked and none given. It was an ' all for one and one for all ' type affair when people polarised on reading a thread based on the colour of the flag they flew below their avatar.What was written mattered little - defending a countryman took precedence.

Of late I can feel the winds of change.

Now I feel we are not as rabidly hostile to one another and often take a balanced view of ourselves and our failings.

The major change has been a reduction in hostility levels among the Pak posters and pro active moderation by those at the helm. There are posts which I upon reading I expect mayhem. Good ‘ policing’ practices have helped control flare ups.

Indians too I feel have begun to show restraint yet we need to see ourselves a little more objectively and often through the eyes of another. There is room for more.

The young ‘uns are naturally full of aggression and gusto to have the last word . This is natural & should be expected. I have observed changes in the writings of Indian , Pakistani and some BD and Chinese posters by the time they reach 750+ posts.

The maturing ‘ point’ is after 2500 posts by when a guy starts being able to discern a potential flame from the title of the thread. Exceptions remain.

All in all, thanks to the increased interaction with Think Tanks, Jr TTs, Mods , Webby and the host of other functionaries things here are getting better by the day. The widening of the base by including non Pakistanis as Jr TTs etc has helped in removing that ‘ them’ and ‘ us ‘ syndrome.

Who knows - one day we may even smile at each other !

My views entirely.

E&OE.

well i joined PDF 2 years ago

but i too think you are right

maybe the reason is after spending 2 to 3 years on PDF, you learn to control anger and post after thinking

also by this time majority of posters quit trolling and start posting serious, quality posts(there are exceptions, but the exceptions are always there.)

i think what happened in initial years is; most posters were new and not genuine posters

over the years they turned into good posters; due to various reasons

Back
Top Bottom