What's new

Will the Taliban Destroy Pakistan?

This illustration is incorrect! It has depicted the Afghan Taliban which is shown as a threat to Pakistan. It is the TTP which is the clear and present danger, NOT the Afghan Taliban especially the Quetta Shaura composed of the top leadership of the Haqqni/Omar faction supported by the security establishment.

I believe both are a threat to Pakistan one way or the other.

:what: i think you are sleeping kindly open your eyes and read again ;) i said you can continue posting BS ;) no one is asking you to stop
you seem to be quite offended that an Indian commented on pakistani matters. :undecided:
Still getting your head around how international forum works?
I invite you to all sections including Indian one, to sprinkle it with your well thought comments .. madam jee. I would make no judgement on your personal life or frustration level, I promise. :azn:

I believe both are a threat to Pakistan one way or the other.
Then why is the Afghan Taliban being supported by your security establishment if it is a threat too? Pakistan wants a pliable government installed in Kabul for that so called 'strategic depth' against India and the reason why they are supporting it.

The Afghan Taliban may become a threat in the future but right now it is the TTP which is the real danger.

No of course the TTP wont defeat Pakistan

Thats a ridiculous notion

However they can cause problems and chaos until they are subdued, simple as that

Then why is the Afghan Taliban being supported by your security establishment if it is a threat too? Pakistan wants a pliable government installed in Kabul for that so called 'strategic depth' against India and the reason why they are supporting it.

The Afghan Taliban may become a threat in the future but right now it is the TTP which is the real danger.

Afghan Taliban are even hinted for support by Indian Govt. May i ask what and why anything caused that change of heart at New Delhi ?

you seem to be quite offended that an Indian commented on pakistani matters. :undecided:
Still getting your head around how international forum works?
I invite you to all sections including Indian one, to sprinkle it with your well thought comments .. madam jee. I would make no judgement on your personal life or frustration level, I promise. :azn:

You Indians are commenting on Pakistani affairs daily so it doesnt offend me but its funny when an Indian is speaking on behalf of entire Pakistan and coming up with BS claims.

Afghan Taliban are even hinted for support by Indian Govt. May i ask what and why anything caused that change of heart at New Delhi ?
Show us the EVIDENCE!! You guys always blame India - from supporting the BLA to the TTP and now you say the Afghan Taliban?

With not an iota of proof, it's an excuse to cover up the incompetence of your Establishment. India has become a convenient scapegoat to pass on the blame for your failures. This way everyone's *** is covered!

You Indians are commenting on Pakistani affairs daily so it doesnt offend me but its funny when an Indian is speaking on behalf of entire Pakistan and coming up with BS claims.
what bs claim. I take my news about pakistan from pakistani media.
And in the list of demands. sharia law is one (other being stopping army operations and freeing some red mosque mullah).
The problem with ignorance is you dont know that you dont know. If I am ignoant about something then please show what is right, I will happily concede you are right. :P
And if you thought I was simply trolling, well, I cant prove that I was not. :lol:

About large number of pakistanis supporting sharia law, thats an opinion. You can ignore it, but cant stop me from saying it.

@Developereo : Do you think the Taliban will destroy Pakistan?

When 9/11 happened, all Americans (Republicans, Democrats and all) came together against the common enemy.

When 26/11 happened, all Indians (Congressi, BJper, etc.) came together.

But Pakistan remains divided. The politicians are shamelessly pursuing their own political agendas at the expense of each other and the country at large. The people also rally behind their respective leaders.

45,000 Pakistanis killed and the political parties are shameless as ever.

This must be music to the Talibans' ears.

When 9/11 happened, all Americans (Republicans, Democrats and all) came together against the common enemy.

When 26/11 happened, all Indians (Congressi, BJper, etc.) came together.

But Pakistan remains divided. The politicians are shamelessly pursuing their own political agendas at the expense of each other and the country at large. The people also rally behind their respective leaders.

45,000 Pakistanis killed and the political parties are shameless as ever.

This must be music to the Talibans' ears.

I guess that must be because of those Pakistanis who still sympathize with India and hope that Pakistan will continue to suffer?

A large number of pakistanis do believe in cause that talibans are fighting for. The issue is how wide are the difference and whether there is a meeting point.
For example the demand for sharia law, I would presume there is big support for that. Will those who oppose it be able to agree on some sort of compromise?
what bs claim. I take my news about pakistan from pakistani media.
And in the list of demands. sharia law is one (other being stopping army operations and freeing some red mosque mullah).
The problem with ignorance is you dont know that you dont know. If I am ignoant about something then please show what is right, I will happily concede you are right. :P
And if you thought I was simply trolling, well, I cant prove that I was not. :lol:

About large number of pakistanis supporting sharia law, thats an opinion. You can ignore it, but cant stop me from saying it.

On the top is your post where you came up with BS Indian claim .

I replied that Sharia is one thing and Taliban or their cause its quite other totally different

Being a Pakistani and living here among large number of fellow countrymen i and we know that large number of Pakistanis see Taliban as extremist barbarians and their cause is merely power gaining and minting money by using name of sharia when the reality is they are illiterate religioulsy as well

Being a Pakistani and living here among large number of fellow countrymen i and we know that large number of Pakistanis see Taliban as extremist barbarians and their cause is merely power gaining and minting money by using name of sharia when the reality is they are illiterate religioulsy as well

You have summarized the Taliban and their intentions very well.

Tell me, why is it then that one does not see a ground swell of resentment against the Govt & the army who in my opinion are the two bulwarks who can save the nation from the Taliban - yet they do nothing to save the nation ?

Was a Pakistani of the 70s any less patriotic or religious than one of today ? I think not.

Why then is a nation allowing itself to be hijacked by a few ? Have the inroads they have made so deep that the the system if not the reflexes become so weak that a nation lives in perpetual fear ?

Why must the Defence forces act decisively only when they are attacked ? The questions are endless but since as you have brought out above the realisation exists that the Taliban do not mean any good and can do no good either & will make no better Pakistanis in comparison to the existing ones why are they not being stamped out or at least scaled down to a lesser threat ?

Show us the EVIDENCE!! You guys always blame India - from supporting the BLA to the TTP and now you say the Afghan Taliban?

With not an iota of proof, it's an excuse to cover up the incompetence of your Establishment. India has become a convenient scapegoat to pass on the blame for your failures. This way everyone's *** is covered!

You need to follow the development from recent past to read Indian intentions

However, just a for your ease

Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef hints at India's hunt for new allies in uncertain Afghan scenario
TNNNov 13, 2013, 03.34AM IST
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

NEW DELHI: Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef who made an appearance at an event in Goa is no stranger to track II efforts having been courted by Western intelligence agencies, including the British MI 6 in the past.

Efforts to reach out to Taliban leaders like Zaeef began as Western governments, in their hunt for a safe exit from Afghanistan, began exploring accommodation with Taliban elements amenable to a peace deal.

pixel.gif

As the US and the Hamid Karzai government explore contacts with the Taliban, Indian agencies are seeking allies in a highly fluid political scenario marked by shifting alliances ahead of next year's presidential election in Afghanistan.

India's challenge lies in ensuring it retains sufficient leverage to protect its strategic and economic stakes against a determined Pakistani bid to regain the influence it once wielded in Kabul. One way to do so would be not to put all its eggs in one basket.

With the nature of alliances hard to predict while the April, 2014 election itself is not viewed as a certain event on Afghanistan's political calendar, India does not have an easy task on its hands.

By giving Zaeef a visa, Indian agencies are signaling that they are willing to get into the business of backing suitable coalitions that include factions it has not previously dealt with.

Apart from seeking new allies, India continues to rely on its development works to give it a positive profile while looking to tap perceived Afghan resentment against Pakistan's alleged role in fuelling terrorism to its benefit.

The assessment in Indian circles is that the government can count on regional allies only to a limited extent and will have to depend on its acumen and resources to get the job of deal with hostile Pakistani intent on its own.

Zaeef was seen at a similar seminar or conclave at King's college in London in 2010 that provided a forum for former Pakistani military officers, mediapersons, including some from India, activists and intelligence officials.

Zaeef, who had spent more than four years in US custody after 9/11, was provided a comfortable stay in the UK that included a holiday in Scotland.

After being a fairly high-profile "ambassador" in Pakistan, he spent years in US custody before being released after which he wrote a book, "My Life with the Taliban".
Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Salam Zaeef hints at India's hunt for new allies in uncertain Afghan scenario - Times Of India

Troll. You are basically saying that the Taliban form of Islam is right which means you condone murder, suicide bombing, rape, and any other barbarianism they have ascribed to themselves.

Shariah which TTP is trying to implement is Barbaric and it is not Islamic Shariah.

Pakistan helped in creation of Taliban and supported the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. Pakistanis told the Afghans that Taliban was good for them. Now when Taliban wants to impose their regime in Pakistan, the Pakistani establishment opposes it.. If Taliban was good for Afghanistan, why is it not good for Pakistan?

Last edited:
You have summarized the Taliban and their intentions very well.

Tell me, why is it then that one does not see a ground swell of resentment against the Govt & the army who in my opinion are the two bulwarks who can save the nation from the Taliban - yet they do nothing to save the nation ?

Was a Pakistani of the 70s any less patriotic or religious than one of today ? I think not.

Why then is a nation allowing itself to be hijacked by a few ? Have the inroads they have made so deep that the the system if not the reflexes become so weak that a nation lives in perpetual fear ?

Why must the Defence forces act decisively only when they are attacked ? The questions are endless but since as you have brought out above the realisation exists that the Taliban do not mean any good and can do no good either & will make no better Pakistanis in comparison to the existing ones why are they not being stamped out or at least scaled down to a lesser threat ?

:))))))))))))))))))))

1. despite having some military background (if am not wrong, if i am then apology), you are wrongly attributing civilian law and order or internal security to Armed forces as responsibility . Which is NOT .

2. Still Pakistani armed forces are fighting these hardcore terrorists and daily embracing martyrdom . You see daily deaths among the armed forces while fighting these terrorists.
oh and this fight of Pak Army is without a single suicide attempt even during harshest and toughest terrain. if you think they are doing nothing to save the nation then you dont want to admit and see their sincerity.

3. For the bold part its the domain and responsibility of the elected parliament to decide whether army should take action or not. Army cant do it on itself.

4. for the red part well Pakistani nation shown its anger on the govt during general elections through vote which is best way to express it. And Pakistani nation has a faith in armed forces so NO bloody revolution is coming

Pakistan helped in creation of Taliban and supported the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. Pakistanis told the Afghans that Taliban was good for them. Now when Taliban wants to impose their regime in Pakistan, the Pakistani establishment opposes it.. If Taliban was good for Afghanistan, why is it not good for Pakistan?

Pakistan helped and the creators were super power and allies :) if they can use them for own interests and then attack then afterwards why cant we.

everyone works for own interests so do we.

look at what taliban did to afghanistan. took them to stone age. Pakistan must be smarter say no to all sorts of militants. They are cancer cant be good for any one. strategic element to counter India? Remember when they played football with the heads of pakistani soldiers? these animals deserve no sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom