What's new

Will the Taliban Destroy Pakistan?

While we should not under estimate any threat and put right proportion to it, we must not over estimate either. @RiazHaq musing on this is just musing and interesting to read.

Well It depends if the people of Pakistan start a rebellion in Pak and every province decide to get separation
Else No Way
Normal Citizens of Every country Love their Country in Pakistan Like every other country have some nut jobs which are a very very few people who think they can change by killing others without any reason
The Major Problems Pakistan is facing is not because of the people of Pakistan or Army but they lack strong leadership
Who Can take hard decision
Pakistan army can solve all this all crap in months but they need strong backing from Gov and People Unless this Bs will keep dragging and dragging

ha hum na to bc chooria phene hue ha na, let the operation commence and we will definitely be victorious for we are the righteous......

The "Taliban", I think, will reclaim Afghanistan after the USA leaves in 2015 -16. Then, Afghanistan will dismember Pakistan by effectively annexing the Pashtun portions of Pakistan.

you are funny, this is like saying Canada will try to annex english speaking areas of United states.

The "Taliban", I think, will reclaim Afghanistan after the USA leaves in 2015 -16. Then, Afghanistan will dismember Pakistan by effectively annexing the Pashtun portions of Pakistan.

What a knowledgeable post by a 'think tank' ..... do you even know the geography of the region... ??

look at pakistani posters in this thread. Taliban sympathisers so annoying and frustrating. May be when something bad happens to their families they will understand. But then again they might be taliban themselves hence they like them so much

tweet.JPG

yes continue to slowly ..as long as they are confused between pakistani taliban and afghani taliban

No we do not fear them.

This is the difference between civilized and uncivilized. We want to give them every chance to avoid bloodshed. If they do not understand then they shall face the music.
Seriously that chance should have been offered before it was offered to America! Before drones were invited and ended up killing our civilians and created a positive loop for those seeking revenge :(

Just my thoughts...dont support anyone but like to see different scenarios

Let me clarify what I meant by my comments early in this thread. After abandonment by the ISAF, I think that the Taliban will cause the descent of Afghanistan into chaos and renewed break-up into warlord-controlled areas. The Kabul government of Afghanistan will be ineffective and not really in control of the nation in any normal sense, i.e., failed-state syndrome. In the Pashtun areas of Pakistan bordering Afghanistan, the Pashtun local warlord will effectively, not legally, control the Pakistani side and the Afghan side of his area. The warlord might be Afghan or he might be Pakistani by birth. His area will become a "no-go" area for the PA. So, while no legal borders may change on anyone's official maps, Pakistan will lose whatever meager control they now have over many parts of FATA, KP and Baluchistan. The tale will be told by considering those areas of Pakistan where girls' schools are attacked with impunity, where polio vaccinations are not allowed and where the PA does not dare to travel. I don't think this type of Taliban-facilitated warlordism will last for a long time in either Afghanistan or these areas of Pakistan, but it may last for another generation or so.

For any warlord to survive in any given scenario in Afghanistan would need 'foreign help' .... in that case two countries would enjoy significant strategic value Iran & Pakistan, but this time civil war of Afghanistan would be bit different than last time ....

1- After 13+ years of war it is least likely that Afghan Taliban would have the ability to hold any part or city of Afghanistan administratively on a permanent basis .....

2- Former Northern Alliance groups/ Warlords would also not have the power to hold Afghan populous center...

3- Iran would have to concentrate more in Middle East were Syria, Iraq & potentially Lebanon would be more problematic for them .... this situation will be translated as less active role of Iran in internal conflict of Afghanistan than previous ....

4- It is an undeniable fact that the influence of Pakistan has decrease in Afghanistan ..... and due to weaker economic conditions and low scale multi-dimensional insurgencies at home her future role will also be limited than previous in Afghanistan.

5- This scenario indicates a potential Power Vacuum in Afghanistan which would be filled by new power brokers which again mean foreign help, or by the collaboration of traditional players.

6- For foreign help Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, India and USA would not be in position to extent their help as previous to their loyal Assets as they all are playing in the field from a very long time as Traditional Players

7- New Power Brokers in Afghanistan are required to be Cash Rich, have not participated in current Afghan issue actively, should have strong relations with the neighbors of Afghanistan and other regional countries, should have Interests and stakes in the region. In my opinion only Russia and China fulfill these conditions.

8- Instability and Balkanization of this region is not in the interest of most of the countries of this region ..... though some countries want to redesign the region.

9- So there may be a civil war in Afghanistan, but I see a strong regional efforts to counter it, and in these efforts some traditional players may join new power broker/s to form a new Alliance.

So in short people see the end of world scenario after the withdrawal of foreign forces but remain assured this region is not going to end like this, this region is the host of four nuclear powers & .. instability of this region is not in interest of any of country .....

On the top is your post where you came up with BS Indian claim .

I replied that Sharia is one thing and Taliban or their cause its quite other totally different

Being a Pakistani and living here among large number of fellow countrymen i and we know that large number of Pakistanis see Taliban as extremist barbarians and their cause is merely power gaining and minting money by using name of sharia when the reality is they are illiterate religioulsy as well
believing a cause that taliban is fighting for does not equate to supporting taliban (taliban obviously has sizable support, insurgency does not work without that, but I was not pointing at that in my original post).
Anyway, I hate to clarify simple English sentence, so peace. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom