What's new

Will Mumbai finally surpass Shanghai this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how hardworking and humble Chinese people are.

Me too think the same,but end of the day they dont have any other choice.ordinary chinese are really hardworking sometimes i feel sorry for them.

:lol:

In Confucian (East Asian) cultures, the concept of humility and humbleness is very important. Not to mention the word "superpower" has extremely negative connotations from the Cold War, where we were enemies with the two superpowers (USA and USSR) and engaged them in direct warfare multiple times (Korean War, Sino-Soviet Split, etc.)

But I don't know, it seems that in Indian society, people are favored if they boast more. Like President Kalam's famous proclamation about India being a superpower in 2012, and Manmohan Singh saying that Mumbai will surpass Shanghai in 2005. These two Indian politicians are HIGHLY intelligent individuals, not egotistic, very humble... yet they still say these things, and are lauded for it. I don't think they believe it themselves, but they know it's what the Indian people want to hear.

Chinese people don't want to hear those things, in fact the "big international news" that China became the number 1 economy in the world by GDP PPP never made a single headline in Chinese media, in fact it was completely avoided. China's National Bureau of Statistics in fact denounced the usage of PPP in calculating GDP, and it is never used in any official data, we only use nominal GDP.

The Diplomat - China doesn't want to be number one

By Shannon Tiezzi
May 08, 2014

Last week, international media had a field day over the news that, based on a new World Bank report, China’s economy will be the world’s largest in terms of purchasing parity power (PPP) by the end of 2014. Yet China itself did not embrace the news. The World Bank noted in its report that China’s National Bureau of Statistics had refuted the methodology used and refused to endorse the report. In addition, China’s state-owned media were largely silent about the data and its implications.

Now, a report from Financial Times suggests China’s unease goes much deeper. FT, citing people who worked on the World Bank report, says that China actively tried to convince them not to use the data. “China wanted to throw this out,” a source told FT. “They begged and threatened for a whole year … China hates it.”

mumbai will surpass shanghai? in your wet dreams? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I think he/she's born in 1998 and that's 10 years older than my daughter which makes him/her 16. :D

2030 us the superpower year according to Bollywood. According to their former president, it was 2012.

The years were given to cheer up the crowd. India is full of Gordon Changs.

One of their most well known story is a battle with China in 1967 with 300 Chinese battle casualties. But few years back it was 12, before that it was 4. In 5 tears from now, that would have been the battle that made up for Indianloss in 1962.
@Faithfulguy2?
What happened to the @faithfulguy?

In Confucian (East Asian) cultures, the concept of humility and humbleness is very important. Not to mention the word "superpower" has extremely negative connotations from the Cold War, where we were enemies with the two superpowers (USA and USSR) and engaged them in direct warfare multiple times (Korean War, Sino-Soviet Split, etc.)

But I don't know, it seems that in Indian society, people are favored if they boast more. Like President Kalam's famous proclamation about India being a superpower in 2012, and Manmohan Singh saying that Mumbai will surpass Shanghai in 2005. These two Indian politicians are HIGHLY intelligent individuals, not egotistic, very humble... yet they still say these things, and are lauded for it. I don't think they believe it themselves, but they know it's what the Indian people want to hear.

Chinese people don't want to hear those things, in fact the "big international news" that China became the number 1 economy in the world by GDP PPP never made a single headline in Chinese media, in fact it was completely avoided. China's National Bureau of Statistics in fact denounced the usage of PPP in calculating GDP, and it is never used in any official data, we only use nominal GDP.

By Shannon Tiezzi
May 08, 2014

Last week, international media had a field day over the news that, based on a new World Bank report, China’s economy will be the world’s largest in terms of purchasing parity power (PPP) by the end of 2014. Yet China itself did not embrace the news. The World Bank noted in its report that China’s National Bureau of Statistics had refuted the methodology used and refused to endorse the report. In addition, China’s state-owned media were largely silent about the data and its implications.

Now, a report from Financial Times suggests China’s unease goes much deeper. FT, citing people who worked on the World Bank report, says that China actively tried to convince them not to use the data. “China wanted to throw this out,” a source told FT. “They begged and threatened for a whole year … China hates it.”
Yup bro,humility is written all over the post..as i said some times feel sorry for you guys,i guess you must be handling a team,i wanted to ask why do guys all sound the same.you talk to 10 and you still feel you are talking to the same guy.

@tw00tw00

The solution is a protein-rich diet.

Lentil protein alone does not help.
You have to have hard protein too which is lacking big time in India.
Beef & egg is a complete meal as for as amino acids go.
Each contains almost all (18) the essential (8) amino acids or building blocks of the protein itself.

The ultimate value of a food protein or a protein supplement is in its amino acid composition. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, and muscle tissue.

India is a vegetarian country with little meat intake:

C5q-DRaXEAAXvkR.jpg:large

Never Mind Shanghai , Mumbai is not even better than Lahore yet . Not too long ago it was voted as the dirtiest and most polluted metropolitan in the world .

Yup bro,humility is written all over the post..as i said some times feel sorry for you guys,i guess you must be handling a team,i wanted to ask why do guys all sound the same.you talk to 10 and you still feel you are talking to the same guy.

When you feel sorry for someone, it means you think you are better than them. So you think you are better than all the Chinese members here. :P

When you feel sorry for someone, it means you think you are better than them. So you think you are better than all the Chinese members here. :P
No one is good or better,its the surroundings you are in make you look the way you look.

No one is good or better,its the surroundings you are in make you look the way you look.

Like I said, if you feel sorry for someone it means you think you are better than them. :lol:

And sure, despite Hong Kong being one of the richest cities in the world, I will admit that many Indians are probably happier than us on a daily basis. So I won't contradict you, you are better than us.

Like I said, if you feel sorry for someone it means you think you are better than them. :lol:

And sure, despite Hong Kong being one of the richest cities in the world, I will admit that many Indians are probably happier than us on a daily basis. So I won't contradict you, you are better than us.
Bro,your brother gets hurt and you feel sorry form him,you dont feel sorry because you are superior to him...there are many emotions in life bro you may not understand yet.

Bro,your brother gets hurt and you feel sorry form him,you dont feel sorry because you are superior to him...there are many emotions in life bro you may not understand yet.

So you think we are hurt? That's why you feel sorry for us?

I thought you said you felt sorry for us because we all sound the same?

Having lived in Hong Kong all my life, I can promise you that Chinese people don't all sound the same.

I'm from Hong Kong, one of the most advanced cities in the world, and I have traveled all over the planet, from Europe to East Asia.

The first time I saw Shanghai I was utterly blown away, I'd never seen anything like it before.

If you want to match Shanghai you will need something really special, something I haven't seen before.
True that. We just aspire to be a great economy and telling to have standards like Shanghai means you guys are a benchmark for progress. Feel happy :)

Aint that just sad? Do you know why Indians infest Pakistani forums like this? Because the country they should be competing with ie China is decades ahead of them. No competition, so they come here and create a stink like that poor sap probably smells like.
Atleast we are working to compete With China. They are 30 years ahead of us, agreed.
What about Pakistan? Lol first kill those Allah hu Akbar bomb squads

By Shannon Tiezzi
May 08, 2014

That's a stark difference, indeed, that no one can deny. Indian officials like to brag and boast on abstract proposals. China officials like to stay silent even when they over-deliver policy goals because of their ability to think long term and grasp the bigger picture.

India is in the wrong neighborhood.

The fact that it borders on China affects the psyche of the Indian politicians, which also poisons regular Indian mind.

India needs a bragging benchmark; a much lower benchmark that the daily reality that India faces. That border with China offers an absolutely higher benchmark, which creates mental seizures and dangerous fixations.

When reality tends to crush aspirations; aspirations tend to circumvent reality.

India needs to position itself as a higher benchmark. If there was no China, it would achieve certain bragging rights. India should have been in another continent, sub-Saharan Africa maybe, to have certain legitimacy to brag.

Now that it is impossible, there will be constant updates on India "will be" becoming this, achieving that, surpassing these, beating up those. A very wrong place to start national development but this is where India is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom