What's new

Will minorities(Sikh) ever get justice in India?? Your views

will Punjab remain Punjab as it is... with so many people from himachal Pradesh, Bihar and UP settling here. almost all barbers are from himachal and all servants, rehriwallas and labourers are from UP and bihars. after a while their kids start speaking Punjabi and identify them as Punjabi.

^ what are your viesa regarding non Punjabis sett;ling in Punjab. just in Amritsar I have seen huge increase in himachalis, kashmiris, biharis and UPites.. thanks god villages are safe.

I think everybody agrees with that, anti sikh riot needs closure by punishing the culprits.
marriage is a non issue, akalis were power in center before they could have forced bjp govt to get a bill.
I have never seen a popular demand among sikh for that.
Badal and co are
will Punjab remain Punjab as it is... with so many people from himachal Pradesh, Bihar and UP settling here. almost all barbers are from himachal and all servants, rehriwallas and labourers are from UP and bihars. after a while their kids start speaking Punjabi and identify them as Punjabi.

^ what are your viesa regarding non Punjabis sett;ling in Punjab. just in Amritsar I have seen huge increase in himachalis, kashmiris, biharis and UPites.. thanks god villages are safe.
We have to blame ourselves for that as well we are the ones who hire them to work on our farms etc

If that is so, did it pain you when ISI fueled the insurgency in Indian Punjab?? or bombing of Air India flight in Canada??
As much as, it pain you when india send kashmir singh type terrorists to do terrorist activities inside pakistan!

justice for operation bluestar? I thouht all the khalistani terrorists died in the operation, thus justice was dutifully served...

They were terrorists in your eyes but they were asking for their rights which sikhs never got from Indian government. The need of separate country(Khalistan) only arise when they were not listened or denied the needs of sikhs.
Who attack with tanks and heavy weapons on their own people in democracy. Sikhs sacrificed so much for this country before Independent and after Independence but never rewarded. They have been used in these battles and wars. So many Sikh soldiers died and there is nobody listening to their widows. What kind of justice is this India use Sikhs soldiers on every battle front and they got no rights to speak on their own land.

Badal and co are

We have to blame ourselves for that as well we are the ones who hire them to work on our farms etc
but then Punjabis cant buy land in himachal Pradesh and Kashmir.. why this discrimination.

They were terrorists in your eyes but they were asking for their rights which sikhs never got from Indian government. The need of separate country(Khalistan) only arise when they were not listened or denied the needs of sikhs.
Who attack with tanks and heavy weapons on their own people in democracy. Sikhs sacrificed so much for this country before Independent and after Independence but never rewarded. They have been used in these battles and wars. So many Sikh soldiers died and there is nobody listening to their widows. What kind of justice is this India use Sikhs soldiers on every battle front and they got no rights to speak on their own land.

Once in a while a thread about 1984 Riots/Khalistan is opened up in this forum, for what reason Indians don't know.

Are we Sikhs being marginalized? - No
Are we discriminated against? - No
Are we treated unfairly by other citizens, the government, and judiciary? - No
Is our Religion being suppressed? - No

A Hindu can travel all of Punjab, mingle with Sikhs and there won't even be a single moment of animosity between the two and the same situation holds true otherwise also.

People outside of India find it very hard to believe that even after 1984, Hindus and Sikhs are still on the best of terms, the relationship is quite strong. The level of integration between the two communities is very high and positive. We eat together, we drink together, we play together, we live together, we share sorrows with each other and we share happiness with each other. It is a relationship of mutual respect and admiration for each other values and beliefs and an expanding one at that.

The sorrow of 1984 is felt by everyone even Hindus who support US because the society has realized that what happened then should never happen again. A constant effort by both sides has been made so that the relationship does not sour. My best friends are Hindu and Kashmiri. We have never felt even a microsecond worth of anger or hatred or whatever you call it between us because she is Hindu or Muslim or because I am a Sikh and I am sure others would also agree with me on this particular point.

People across the border fail to realize this and thus they stem out their feelings on issues of which they have no idea about. What I have written about is not a fictional scenario; it is the ground reality of India as of today where Sikhs and Hindus are truly brothers. As for Khalistan the present scenario does not warrant any such action and hopefully so never in the future also.

but then Punjabis cant buy land in himachal Pradesh and Kashmir.. why this discrimination.
This is the same gripe as i have and it is wrong we should implement the same policy in our punjab

Once in a while a thread about 1984 Riots/Khalistan is opened up in this forum, for what reason Indians don't know.

A Hindu can travel all of Punjab, mingle with Sikhs and there won't even be a single moment of animosity between the two and the same situation holds true otherwise also.

People outside of India find it very hard to believe that even after 1984, Hindus and Sikhs are still on the best of terms, the relationship is quite strong. The level of integration between the two communities is very high and positive. We eat together, we drink together, we play together, we live together, we share sorrows with each other and we share happiness with each other. It is a relationship of mutual respect and admiration for each other values and beliefs and an expanding one at that.

The sorrow of 1984 is felt by everyone even Hindus who support US because the society has realized that what happened then should never happen again. A constant effort by both sides has been made so that the relationship does not sour. My best friends are Hindu and Kashmiri. We have never felt even a microsecond worth of anger or hatred or whatever you call it between us because she is Hindu or Muslim or because I am a Sikh and I am sure others would also agree with me on this particular point.

People across the border fail to realize this and thus they stem out their feelings on issues of which they have no idea about. What I have written about is not a fictional scenario; it is the ground reality of India as of today where Sikhs and Hindus are truly brothers. As for Khalistan the present scenario does not warrant any such action and hopefully so never in the future also.

Can you only answer me if we are treated as same as Hindus Why bhai Gurbaksh Singh has been kidnapped by Indian government?? when he was only on hunger strike for those who have finished their sentence. If you compare with Anna Hazare, Baba ramdev, Kejriwal's hunger strike. Did India government ever detained them?? I am not in support of Khalistan at all..I am talking about the rights of sikhs..Do you know how many widows of soldiers those sacrificed their life? So many oter issues!!

Can you only answer me if we are treated as same as Hindus Why bhai Gurbaksh Singh has been kidnapped by Indian government?? when he was only on hunger strike for those who have finished their sentence. If you compare with Anna Hazare, Baba ramdev, Kejriwal's hunger strike. Did India government ever detained them?? I am not in support of Khalistan at all..I am talking about the rights of sikhs..Do you know how many widows of soldiers those sacrificed their life? So many oter issues!!

dude sikhs in india live more lavishly than us...wat u r doin is called gade murde ukhadna....very common in and around india.....nowadayz

Please do learn about the Khlistan movement and it's origins, this entire movement was perpertrated by few anti akali dal individuals with financing from Sikhs settled out of India and logistical backing of ISI. There has been no injustice done to Punjab or Haryana, which have had traditionally seen the most development projects along with high value infrastructural projects right from the first 5 year plan. Sikhs have enjoyed constitutional equality and have been treated with higest amount of respect and dignity, numeroues sikh individuals have risen to important positions in Military, IAS, IFS, IPS, Sports, Cinema, arts, Politics, Finance and thus have never had any discrimination o whatsoever. Fabricated insurgencies without any outside support doesn't last for a long time, and thus you saw as soon as pakistani influence was cut down, khalistan movement came to a standstill...... Seeing khalistanis as terrorists is not a question of perspective, these individuals took up violence against the constitution of India which is endorsed by a billion indians, in effect they took action against the people of India, making them terrorists for every Indian.....

I agree with what you say my best friend in england is a punjabi brahmin but how long do we have to wait for justice and see that smug smile on tytlers face.For a comunity that has given so much for their country i think this is a big injustice.

As much as, it pain you when india send kashmir singh type terrorists to do terrorist activities inside pakistan!

There is a significant difference in terrorists and spies, but your confusion is understandable, your regimes have blurred the lines significantly...

Your Gurbaksh announced that his fast would continue till the five former militants are released. They include Lakhvinder Singh, Shamsher Singh and Gurmit Singh, who received life terms in 1995 for their involvement in the assassination of Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh. The other two – Lal Singh and Gurdip Singh– received life sentences after being convicted by TADA courts. The bold parts sums up everything and I don't need to say anything, as I'm not a Terrorist Sympathizer Like you.

This is the same gripe as i have and it is wrong we should implement the same policy in our punjab
You are absolutely right!! This is what i found when i visited last time. I was shocked to know they planned no punjabi can buy land in Himachal pradesh because if ever any movement happen for separation of Punjab then there should be no support from these states. and Even ever Punjab got separated then India. Indian army can still move around freely in jammu and kashmir through Himachal pradesh. How cleverly they have planned everything??

Your Gurbaksh announced that his fast would continue till the five former militants are released. They include Lakhvinder Singh, Shamsher Singh and Gurmit Singh, who received life terms in 1995 for their involvement in the assassination of Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh. The other two – Lal Singh and Gurdip Singh– received life sentences after being convicted by TADA courts. The bold parts sums up everything and I don't need to say anything, as I'm not a Terrorist Sympathizer Like you.
And that is why death penalty is crucial, it saves money, time and headache, especially in case of terrorists....

Back
Top Bottom