What's new

Will Indonesia replace India in the BRICs?

Gosh they are downgrading india left right and centre and indian members here still refused to leave brics

Have a look at your President.

255027-brics-summit-2012.jpg

India with a population of 1.2 billion only has a 1.7 trillion GDP, while Indonesia has a GDP of 1 trillion with a population of 250 million.

I just don't know what is so special with India. :coffee:

India with a population of 1.2 billion only has a 1.7 trillion GDP, while Indonesia has a GDP of 1 trillion with a population of 250 million.

Indonesia GDP is $706.7 billion (2010 est.)

india is done!

its debt based economic ponzi scheme is collapsing.

jim rogers was right all along about indian economy.
he knew this debt economy of india will not last.

indian economy is worse than greece.

india is done!

typical chinese trolls...... feeling happy when rupee is falling...Chinese growth is based on artificial real estate, and making duplicate frm pens to fighter jets...... copy cat....

Indonesia is a good friend of India and I welcome its rise...I would like to see BRIC being called as BRIIC

india is done!

and your country is worst than Somalia when it comes to human rights..in fact, many articles say, china lists no 1 in human rights vilations if you go by its size....guess, u ppl ve got so used to seeing human right violations after the tragic japanese war crimes..may be you are the only worst big country which is renowned for its insensitiveness....u need revolution...may be u need to talk more on that if u ve d guts and if u r a pawn of CCP u will continue talking about 1961 or poverty in India (which is not hidden to the people of India as ours is democratic country and there is free press unlike china).....check mate!

Yes! I think there is a strong possibility, given that India is ruled by highly "able" politicians who stall parliament sessions over 'very important' issues like '60 yr. old cartoon' while there is no time to discuss trivial issues like 'India's industrial growth turns -ve', 'rupee continues to lose its value-and reaches record low' etc. etc.......I think, not only Indonesia, any country(no-matter how small) which can control CORRUPTION will eventually surpass India.........

Our 'supreme' parliamentarians are unable to come to consensus for the past 43 years regarding a particular bill......guess what the purpose of the bill is......to end CORRUPTION.....:hitwall:

india is done!

good going... made your 50 cents?

Hes India which has the largest and quickest expanding middle class on earth, a huge internal market of 1.2 billion people, average growth in the last 5 years of 8%, projected to be the 3rd largest economy by 2035 and the second or largest by 2050-5 is going to be out done by INDONESIA. Does anyone else hear the idiocy in this claim??!!

Before anyone starts lodging issue with India and the BRICS maybe someone should check out Brazil ans South Africa their economies have effectively come to a stand still.

India will be fine, minor speed bump right now but in a few years we won't even remember the doubts.

depends on how you define middle class.

Indonesia GDP is $706.7 billion (2010 est.)

According to the latest 2011 IMF figures, India's GDP is 1676 B, while Indonesia's GDP is 846 B which is a little more than half. Given that both have they same rate of growth, this ratio will probably remain for a while.

According to the latest 2011 IMF figures, India's GDP is 1676 B, while Indonesia's GDP is 846 B which is a little more than half. Given that both have they same rate of growth, this ratio will probably remain for a while.

India's economy is now over $2 trillion

Back
Top Bottom