What's new

Will Indonesia replace India in the BRICs?

Götterdämmerung;2955811 said:
Since there are more negative press about China than India coming from the EU and US, how come China still came out on the top in this particular test? The PISA test is treated as a serious matter here in Europe.
There has to be a winner somewhere down the road, in this case its CN but could be IND not long after !

There has to be a winner somewhere down the road, in this case its CN but could be IND not long after !

You mean the OECD just deliberately choose a country to place it on the top and the result has little to nothing to do with the performance of the students of the respective country. Any source?

Götterdämmerung;2955811 said:
Since there are more negative press about China than India coming from the EU and US, how come China still came out on the top in this particular test? The PISA test is treated as a serious matter here in Europe.

it was simply because UN picked those students from India who even didnt know how to read write also, to serve its Lord :usflag:

we just dont have Very High scorer in GRE, GMAT type engineering, medicines, management exams but also, India has many begging on the streets also and UN chose one of those. read as below:

When they were asked to read English text, Tamil Nadu and Himachal Pradesh were only better than Kyrgyzstan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/153105-indian-students-rank-2nd-last-global-test.html

the students taken for that test were of very poor level, may be intentionally, I guess. In India, first language for education is now English, not even hindi, so why those Indian students can’t even write and read English. read this news, didn’t they even pass class 5th? :hang2:

Götterdämmerung;2955846 said:
You mean the OECD just deliberately choose a country to place it on the top and the result has little to nothing to do with the performance of the students of the respective country. Any source?
NO, the fact is in both the cases of IND/CN only our very best migrate to the West. As both our economies grow(CN more rapidly) less of this immigration trend will carry forward, more so incase of CN for obvious reasons, so while I admit that previous post of mine wasn't much of an argument but there is certainly no denying the fact that IND expats are no lesser than their CN counterparts anywhere in the world however they are the cream of the crop so this much is to be expected from them !

it was simply because UN picked those students from India who even didnt know how to read write also, to serve its Lord :usflag:

we just dont have Very High scorer in GRE, GMAT type engineering, medicines, management exams but also, India has many begging on the streets also and UN chose one of those. read as below:

the students taken for that test were of very poor level, may be intentionally, I guess. In India, first language for education is now English, not even hindi, so why those Indian students can’t even write and read English. read this news, didn’t they even pass class 5th? :hang2:

Silly excuse. In Germany, I think also in China, you can pick any student on the street and all of them can read and write. That probably explains the stellar PISA result of India.

Who cares about GRE or GMAT? We in Europe certainly not. Also GRE and GMAT are not comparable with PISA. Stop making silly excuses!

NO, the fact is in both the cases of IND/CN only our very best migrate to the West. As both our economies grow(CN more rapidly) less of this immigration trend will carry forward, more so incase of CN for obvious reasons, so while I admit that previous post of mine wasn't much of an argument but there is certainly no denying the fact that IND expats are no lesser than their CN counterparts anywhere in the world however they are the cream of the crop so this much is to be expected from them !

What does the PISA test has anything to do with migration? What's the connection with migration and PISA test? :?

India misses out on university rankings - Hindustan Times

There is not one single Indian univeristy in the Global top 200.

Whereas all the East Asian countries (including Korea) are strongly represented.

this news has truth but you can't find Chinese institutes in this list also. I did my Master of Engineering and also Master of Engineering Management degrees from UTS which is ranked on 143 with 5 star label but none from India and China has this '5 star' label in this list
QS World University Rankings - Topuniversities

but we find students of India scoring very high in different exams but the infrastructure of their institutes are not of very good standard :meeting:

Indian Rupee dive near 55.50, this is crisis at play......

Götterdämmerung;2955890 said:
Silly excuse. In Germany, I think also in China, you can pick any student on the street and all of them can read and write. That probably explains the stellar PISA result of India.

Who cares about GRE or GMAT? We in Europe certainly not. Also GRE and GMAT are not comparable with PISA. Stop making silly excuses!

What does the PISA test has anything to do with migration? What's the connection with migration and PISA test? :?

first I want to inform you something. I dont know how long you lived in Germany but you would know that over 90% engineering professionals working for top technological German firms are migrants, mainly Indian and Polish, my one Polish friend also told me.

yes I mainly know about GRE exams for admission for engineering and GMAT for management and these two may help you get scholarship from top US's/ EU's/ Western institutes. and then you may get high placements from those Western institutes. this is how I came to Australia. and this is how my friends also did.

also migration is not everything and even many Indian professionals worked on working visa in US and later they got Green Card there on the basis of work experience. many get migration to Australia on business visa also. rest, from my side, I dont know any other way to get either migration to US, UK, Canada, Australia, NZ or, getting admission in their top tech institutes also.

also, I met few doctors there also who had to appear in medical exams first..................

first I want to inform you something. I dont know how long you lived in Germany but you would know that over 90% engineering professionals working for top technological German firms are migrants, mainly Indian and Polish, my one Polish friend also told me.

yes I mainly know about GRE exams for admission for engineering and GMAT for management and these two may help you get scholarship from top US's/ EU's/ Western institutes. and then you may get high placements from those Western institutes. this is how I came to Australia. and this is how my friends also did.

also migration is not everything and even many Indian professionals worked on working visa in US and later they got Green Card there on the basis of work experience. many get migration to Australia on business visa also. rest, from my side, I dont know any other way to get either migration to US, UK, Canada, Australia, NZ or, getting admission in their top tech institutes also.

also, I met few doctors there also who had to appear in medical exams first..................

Another indian miracle indeed,good job.
By the way ,where did you get the number 90%?

Stop talking BS. 90% of our engineers are Indian and Polish? Sorry, my cleaning lady is from Poland and I rarely see any Indians in Germany. All the engineers I know are Germans.

FYI "western" does not mean English speaking. GRE is important for people coming from developing countries who want to study in an English speaking country. In Germany nobody needs a GRE test to study engineering. We have our own excellent engineering schools.

GMAT is only important in the UK and US, not in the rest of Europe and only for people who study business admin, thus not comparable with PISA. Can you stop comparing apples with oranges and make silly excuses?

Indian Rupee dive near 55.50, this is crisis at play......

I made a comparison on this topic in my post #158, please check. we find, Indian rupees is not depreciating but in fact its the US$ which is being appreciating.

also, there is much to gain on this rupees slide. we have a different concern right now. it is about losing manufacturing companies to Chinese products. if you may make your import expansive enough to import it lesser then it will finally benefit your home industries. if you may save even $5bn on the import side of China by replacing it to home products, it will first save your $5bn on trade deficit side, it will then give jobs to your own workers worth $5bn for making home products in place of importing the similar ones from CHina, it will then generate direct and indirect taxes out of $5bn new business within India bla bla. saving of $5bn on import side from Chinese products would generate at least $3bn direct and indirect taxes in India :)

NEW DELHI: India is poised to win back the manufacturing territory it had lost to China as the giant north-eastern neighbour loses some of its competitive edge due to rising labour costs.

In segments like electrical goods, household goods, clocks and many textile items, Indian manufacturers have got back some of the market they had lost to cheaper Chinese imports and are now looking to challenge the dragon in foreign markets.

India set to gain as China losing manufacturing edge due to rising labour costs - Economic Times

MUMBAI: The share of 'Made in China' goods in India's consumption economy has eased as the dragon struggles to keep its cost-competitive manufacturing story going. China's overwhelming grip over supplies of stationary products, fabrics, toys and lighting products started loosening over the past year.

Consider this: ITC sourced 100% of its stationery products like pencils, geometry boxes and scholastic products marketed under Classmate brand from China. But imports will fall below 10% this year as the Indian behemoth moves sourcing back to India in a big way.

Chinese products had over 70% share of the domestic toy market, which is falling to about 50%. Fabric sourcing from China by the local garment makers declined 10% in the last 12 months. It's share of the lighting sector - where the market for CFL bulbs was mostly developed by Chinese imports a decade ago -has dropped to 15% from over 50% in 2007. Indian manufacturers are sighting gains even as China's factory prowess weakens on the back of an appreciating yuan, rising inflation and soaring wages in the wake of labour reforms in recent past. :chilli:

Indian companies are bringing production back home, or taking it to other competitive markets - part of a broader global phenomenon playing out for almost two years now. "We are developing vendors here now for all our products which we were earlier importing." :victory:

Export Import News

for an open economy, depreciation of currency is always good if it doesnt face a free fall. Im quite happy at 1 Yuan = Rs 8.6 and wish to see at least 1Yuan = Rs10 :smokin:

Götterdämmerung;2956004 said:
Stop talking BS. 90% of our engineers are Indian and Polish? Sorry, my cleaning lady is from Poland and I rarely see any Indians in Germany. All the engineers I know are Germans.

FYI "western" does not mean English speaking. GRE is important for people coming from developing countries who want to study in an English speaking country. In Germany nobody needs a GRE test to study engineering. We have our own excellent engineering schools.

GMAT is only important in the UK and US, not in the rest of Europe and only for people who study business admin, thus not comparable with PISA. Can you stop comparing apples with oranges and make silly excuses?

it has two meaning, either you are not an engineering professional or you havent lived in Germany also. to inform you, we used to discuss in our office parties that there is just one country in the world who would be compared with India in terms of quality of its engineering professionals, it is Poland. and, as per what we knew there, at least 95% of high qualified engineering professionals of German companies are migrants, mainly Indian and Polish, and they want at least master level engineering professionals but they prefer PHD level engineers in different particular fields.

yes Polish migrants are in big number there doing low paid jobs also. but Please dont talk like a person of a developing country by saying "my cleaning lady is from Poland..............." a developed country is not like India or Pakistan that you can have a cleaning lady there. you are either at least a millionaire there, or, you never been to Germany..........

please dont take it otherwise. Im myself fully trained in doing cleaning works of the house, including toilet/ kitchen etc, the house I used to share with anyone else. we do full cleaning works of our house on weekends, cook by ourselves and keep food in fridge for whole week. go to gym and also keep in mind that we have to cook few things and sleep also. every weekends we had to clean cloths in washing machine and iron by ourselves, including maintaining garden also as per the rule of renting a house there. and a professional like me work for at least $100k..................

I made a comparison on this topic in my post #158, please check. we find, Indian rupees is not depreciating but in fact its the US$ which is being appreciating.

for an open economy, depreciation of currency is always good if it doesnt face a free fall. Im quite happy at 1 Yuan = Rs 8.6 and wish to see at least 1Yuan = Rs10 :smokin:

this is off normal scenario, economic theory doesn't work in crisis.

I advise you to check out 1997 Asia Financial Crisis.

I personally think US rating firms will downgrade everything India in a week. and Wall Street is gonna call hedgefunds to short your currency very soon. Have you sensed this depreciation is accelerating? I would say it's quite alerting. I doubt GOI will expending their reserves to save INR. it ends up average people suffer the loss.

Still my advice, if you have significant position in INR, you need make some precautions Right Now.

Back
Top Bottom