What's new

Will India join USA to strike China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha ha. . Thats called the spac of communism. .go and take out link of ur claim first. . Btw u r far below than US. . Why u comparing with india? And u even dunt know the % phenomena of bilateral trade. And claim the communist data of 7% poverty? Communist data r highly trustd as the 50 cents party. .But thank god. Leaders of china not a moron like u. Check ven giabio statement by 2010, ,30billion trade between india and china. .and u r far behind than japan and US.

:rofl:Before you jump out you should do somehome work, the 7% poverty is not given by chinese govt, the same as your 40% poverty rate. if use chinese criteria, china only have 40million poverty population.
And it seems you wanna troll here, and I think I would like give you some troll: about your 50cents issue, I think you should do the job bcoz post two posts per day cant let most indian escape from poverty line:lol:, prrety good right?

:rofl:Before you jump out you should do somehome work, the 7% poverty is not given by chinese govt, the same as your 40% poverty rate. if use chinese criteria, china only have 40million poverty population.
And it seems you wanna troll here, and I think I would like give you some troll: about your 50cents issue, I think you should do the job bcoz post two posts per day cant let most indian escape from poverty line:lol:, prrety good right?

4 posts a day can make them rich men in their villages

A very entertaining discussion. BTW did you guys even bother to read the article? A appeal to the WTO is all that is envisaged, not a war.. If India or South Korea decides that the alleged Chinese manipulation is threatening their domestic produce, then yes they will join in. Kindly stick to the topic instead of meaningless d*** comparisons.

Chinas currency value manipulation is actually a global issue, especially for developing countries. By undervaluing the Yuan, China is capturing the markets which would have been markets for other developing countries. By artificially keeping the Yuan undervalued, China is making other countries goods uncompetitive in the global markets.The biggest loosers are the poorest countries. For example: China has increased the share of textile market in US at the cost of countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, India and SriLanka. Today China has a near monopoly over global textile market, which is achieved at a cost of countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh. Also, Chinas flooding of cheap consumer goods in developing countries is killing local industries. While China is getting richer and its forex coffers is bulging, other small developing countries are loosing. So, its in the interest of all small developing countries to join US in its fight against China to stop undervaluing its currency.

P.S. (off topic): I have a personal interest in Yuan's value, since I get paid in Yuan. The more the Yuan appreciates against USD, the more is my remmitance value in local currency terms in my home country.:victory::cheers:

Stop the B*Sh!ting “artificial devaluation” !

Tell me who don’t manipulate their currency? US? UK? Japan?

During “Plaza Accord” time, all the rich countries artificially manipulated their currencies. Was there any voice against that? Hell no! Because Japan was (and still is) an occupied country.

That’s the only difference between Japan then and China now.

Chinese hardwork has been a pain in the @ss for the lazybones all over the world. Just look at Greece vs Germany, the Greek retire at 50 (female) and 55 (male), and the German retire at 67... :undecided:

Yeah, stop BSing. China is accused by the US of RMB manipulation is plain silly. The US just has to accept that its economy needs fixing.

They say, "if it ain't broken don't fix it." Well, it's broken, so go fix it.

There is a difference between China, Germany, and Japan.

Japan and Germany are occupied countries, although, economically, they are strong.

China soon will replace Japan as second largest economy but more importantly China is not an occupied country and militarily can go toe to toe with the US.

So, the world is not the same old world as we have known. I think this is for the better since the US can no longer dictate the world what it wants or desires as in the past.

This thread is referring to an economic fight.......and the reason is news and data released during past month ...some of which i posted below

---Nobel laureate Paul Krugman is one furious economist. He doesn't seem to stand the sight of China continuing to keep its currency undervalued. "Impose a surcharge of 25% on Chinese imports," he has urged the US administration through a NY Times article. He further adds that the US has very little to fear from a Chinese retaliation. If China sells its US assets, the biggest loser is going to be China itself. For the step will weaken the dollar thus reducing the value of the remaining dollar holdings of China.

Furthermore, a weaker dollar will also make the US exports more competitive and will aid the economy in coming out of the recession faster. Thus, the prospect of a weaker dollar will actually turn out to be a boon in disguise for the US economy, feels Krugman.

---Also... last week when US President Obama called on China to move to a 'more market-oriented exchange rate', Chinese authorities have been quick to retaliate.

Chinese authorities have completely rebuffed the US's claims that its currency is undervalued, and have made it clear that they have no intentions to let its currency appreciate.

--- Economist Paul Krugman has estimated that global growth would be about 1.5% higher if China stopped restraining the value of the Yuan. With so much at stake, it will not be surprising to see US and Chinese relations deteriorate further in the days to come due to this one major bone of contention.

^^^ thanks for the wake up call...lets see if it leaves the intended effects or, not....?

yes, possibly India will join USA to strike China provided Indian leadership is totally out of its mind.

This thread is referring to an economic fight.......and the reason is news and data released during past month ...some of which i posted below

---Nobel laureate Paul Krugman is one furious economist. He doesn't seem to stand the sight of China continuing to keep its currency undervalued. "Impose a surcharge of 25% on Chinese imports," he has urged the US administration through a NY Times article. He further adds that the US has very little to fear from a Chinese retaliation. If China sells its US assets, the biggest loser is going to be China itself. For the step will weaken the dollar thus reducing the value of the remaining dollar holdings of China.

Furthermore, a weaker dollar will also make the US exports more competitive and will aid the economy in coming out of the recession faster. Thus, the prospect of a weaker dollar will actually turn out to be a boon in disguise for the US economy, feels Krugman.

---Also... last week when US President Obama called on China to move to a 'more market-oriented exchange rate', Chinese authorities have been quick to retaliate.

Chinese authorities have completely rebuffed the US's claims that its currency is undervalued, and have made it clear that they have no intentions to let its currency appreciate.

--- Economist Paul Krugman has estimated that global growth would be about 1.5% higher if China stopped restraining the value of the Yuan. With so much at stake, it will not be surprising to see US and Chinese relations deteriorate further in the days to come due to this one major bone of contention.

i noticed this: whenever the US is extremely scared of something, they'll always say: this barely affects us. we aren't scared. bring it on. (currency collapse).

whenever the US is completely not scared and can wipe the enemy out with the flick of a finger, they'll say: what a huge threat! so big and strong! (iraq, bin laden).

Not these quotes from Krugman again, these academics write headline grabbing articles to please the conventional media/political wisdom, if you listen to academics like Krugman or Rubini and invest according to their theories you'd be bankrupt several times and over now.

The RMB issue has been discussed to death on these investor forums here:

Why Should China Change? -- Seeking Alpha

Is a Trade War Brewing? -- Seeking Alpha

China has pegged its currency to USD for decades and so do many OPEC countries, it was never a problem before and in fact Bush back in 2001 said it is a good thing that China ties its currency to the USD.

The real problem is that the US runs an unreasonable fiscal policy and the US consumers got encouraged by senseless cheap credits spent more than they earned, (I still remember back in 2006 or 2007 the average US household spent more than it earned!), and now things are bad they need a scapegoat and China is the obvious choice.

The matter of fact is when the Yuan appreciated 20% from 2005 to 2008, the US trade deficit with China still increased over 30%, the bottom line is if a country (government or its consumers) gets carried away with spending it will run into deficits, one simple example -- the US still spends over $2.4 Billion a day (!!) on military, and it has to imposes high taxes on its corporations and working citizens to fund all its lavish spending, its education on the other hand are facing severe cut backs (including the University of California, arguably the best public university in the whole world), the answer to this as many American people have already pointed out -- they should get their own house in order and fast. The politicians of course naturally tend to do the opposite -- it's never their fault, it's always someone else making the mistakes.

Back to the Yuan issue, it will gradually appreciate and the chinese government has given its strongest hint this month, (in fact it will have to given how fast the US is printing its money), but how much and how fast it appreciates does not depend on the US politicians, the eventual goal of the Yuan would be fully convertible but if the US doesn't start to have a more sensible fiscal policy, that day may also be the day that the USD loses its world reserve currency status and replaced by some other kind of medium.

One sensible politician I think the US currently has is republican Ron Paul, he is said to be running for the next presidency and it'd be interesting to see how this will turn out. Many of his views are just spot on in my opinion: stop the bureaucrats in the Fed (who have NEVER made a living in the market themselves) from printing money like there's no tomorrow, bending the laws of a market by bailing out bad money (incompetent companies) with good money (prudent tax payers and profitable companies), cut the loss in Iraq and other overseas war fares for better self-preservation etc.

These videos are truly quite something to watch:

Last edited by a moderator:
ron paul will never be elected though, since he goes against the wall street fatcats and the de(ath)fense industry. what do you think the US is, a democracy?

Dong Zhou said, before contention with outsiders we must get the house in order first.

regards

I cannot help but feel that the majority of people are shortsighted, and in popular opinions the majority wins.

US, India don’t need waste their resources by striking China..the people from various parts of China will themselves do that...

It will be interesting to see how commies will cope with the civilian revolt again their vindictive polices and decree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom