What's new

Will Arab states support Pakistan militarily in future conflict with India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the term Arab Country seems vague in India- Pakistan contest, are you talking about 22 Member Arab league as a block or you are talking about few strong Arab Nations like Saudi Arabia,UAE, Egypt & Algeria yes they can help militarily and financially both but other small Arab countries can be a moral booster by lip service.just my take

the inception of Pakistan is on the name of Islam so their identity should and must be a Islamic one.

Pakistan became 'Islamic republic' in 1956, years after independence.
Call it whatever you want, but at the end of the day, Pakistan has nothing to do with India's 2 nation theory. We have only been together for 150 years, IN BRITISH RULE. If you go in the past further, we were separate from each for thousands of years....

P.S our Islam is very different from Arabs. We have suffis, ahmedis, shi'as, sunnis (Hanafi school of thought), ismaleiis etc...
Most of the Arabia you now know today is mainly sunni (Hanabali school of thought) and minority shi'a

Will they risk a military retaliation by india and friends considering the fact that there are missiles this time which can reach there ..and one important thing is we have some bombs which will make any country think twice before involving themselves in conflict ..
My conclusion is they may give moral and financial support at best that too after getting uncle sam's permission ..

Ofcourse they will help.

Diplomatic support & monetary help will come in.

But actual military support will be difficult to come in since most of the weapons owned by the Arabs are the products of Russia and/or Western countries and they will certainly not allow them to be used against India by pakistan.

Will they risk a military retaliation by india and friends considering the fact that there are missiles this time which can reach there ..and one important thing is we have some bombs which will make any country think twice before involving themselves in conflict ..
My conclusion is they may give moral and financial support at best that too after getting uncle sam's permission ..

I dont understand how will India retaliate militarily against the Arabs ?

The Arabs have their insurance policies with the Western states.

That insurance will hold good only if they are attacked ...retaliation is not same as attack ..supporting with arms is not but extending the war to their soil ...
What will happen after the war..?
They will loose good relation of 1.2 billion people and gain what ?
Their loss will be irans gain ..
If i am not wrong ,we are one of major consumers of their oil ..

That insurance will hold good only if they are attacked ...retaliation is not same as attack ..supporting with arms is not but extending the war to their soil ...
What will happen after the war..?
They will loose good relation of 1.2 billion people and gain what ?
Their loss will be irans gain ..
If i am not wrong ,we are one of major consumers of their oil ..

I am asking, how ill India retaliate militarily ?

DO you think India will send in warships and rain Brahmos missiles on their installations ?

or do you think we will send in our planes to bomb their military facilities ?

India has no means for military retaliation.

I dont think they are that far from us ..are they ? Anyway i dont want to discuss that situation ..i am just exploring all the options at best and worst possible scenario

Not military support but some will help out where they can. Pakistan is needed by Arabs.

I am sorry brother there is absolutely no chance that they will support Pakistan. They will not even play the neutral role, they will not even bother to move a muscle.

Qatar has recognized the illegal state of Israel so you can comfortably strike them out, UAE just recently allowed Black Water to open HQ & they are strengthening their ties with US, so they are out of the question as well. KSA is strengthening its ties with India & US. Oman is trying their best to recognize illegal state of Israel so they are also out.

In short no Mid. East country will help Pakistan in case of war because they all want good ties with US & Israel. It is sad & painful but this is the truth.

There is no such thing as neutral in todays world either there an enemey or a friend, nothing more nothing less.

Let all the Arabs help Pakistan...:pakistan:
They are just 20 minutes away. :)

1677629.jpg

Peninsula Arab may be predominantly Hanbali but most of the Arabs in Maghreb are Maliki or Shafai, though i don't this is the subject of discussion, better to focus on core.

I do agree with your point of view but i think you need a central leadership for that a predominantly powerful " both militarily and economically" country to rally around .

You are funny Mosa. Most of the Pakistanis here hate the khaleeji countries, especially KSA and UAE, like gut and there you are, 'having a plan for everything'. :lol:

Please have a plan for liberating Palestine first from Israel and then have plan for Pakistan.

That is not correct
Only the Shia pakistanis hate Arab states, what goes good with their sect.
Rest of Pakistan ( which happens to be the over whelming ) majority takes Arabs as brothers and has utmost respect for people from my prophet's land.

That is not correct
Only the Shia pakistanis hate Arab states, what goes good with their sect.
Rest of Pakistan ( which happens to be the over whelming ) majority takes Arabs as brothers and has utmost respect for people from my prophet's land.

Do not inject sectarianism in this ! Its just as bad as crying 'Wahabi' all the time !

You are probably over-estimating Indian investment in the Arab world and under-estimating the role of religion. IF there is a war and if there are footage of Pakistanis bombarded and suffering then people AND nations often throw caution to the wind and follow some kind of 'gut instinct'.

Religion plays a very limited role outside Pakistan to influence international relations. And the very fact that there are different Islamic countries today within the same region (22+ Arab states, 2 Perso-Turko-Arab-based states Afghanistan and Pakistan, 4 CAR states, 3 southeast Asian states etc) is a big enough evidence of how much religion comes in the way of practical foreign policies.

If that was the case, you'd have a formal military block as a single country similar to how EU is bound with a single currency. Or conversely, we and the entire Southeast (barring Javan and Sumatran states) would have been a single entity.

It doesn't work like that and sadly, you Pakistanis don't understand it.

Yes, Indians have a lot of investment in the Arab world but Indians, by looking at their responses here and elsewhere, have made it abundantly clear that they are more friendly to Israel than what the Arabs would like. Heck, Indians here cheer-lead Israel against even countries like Iran and Turkey! And,again, don't forget humans are an emotional lot and don't always follow 'reason'; if they did then there wouldn't be so many wars.

Name me one post where any of us say "YAY! Let Israel bomb Arab countries to stone age". Not one. Our support for Israel is vis a vis shared interests and threats of similar nature that we share i.e. Jihad. It doesn't mean we want them to bomb GCC and other nations.

Please understand that Israel supported us even when they were in the opposite camp during Cold War and what has happened is that we share a strong understanding of each others' geo-strategic position and concerns.

BTW Turkey is trebling its ties with us and is keen to enter into closer ties with us. We recently had Turkish trade and tourism summit here in India (can't remember the name but had some really lovely Turkish Delights there :D).

We don't become hostile to someone out of silly little things such as emotions.

What about Arab investments in India?
What about millions of Indian expats in Arab countries?

Exactly. That's why Arab nations will remain neutral because of massive expat populations there. They cannot be a part of a conflict that is not theirs for not reason.

Of course they will. Arabs are Pakistan's closest allies.

So many Pakistanis are living lives of unimaginable luxury in their nations. Arabs literally love paksitan.

By ratio, there are more Indians present in those countries working in considerably strong positions. That way they have to stay neutral.

We sometimes get emotional and unreasonable words get out of our mouths, but in reality, I think Arab people as well as most regimes will take Pakistan side, I hope that, most regimes that took neutral stance in Pak/India wars have been toppled down. Jordan, GCC and others will help Pakistan, at least, that's what I think.

It just boils down to mutual benefits in today's world. The question is, what would the Arabs gain from Pakistan in the long run? Trade is one aspect and strategical considerations are another. OIC support is very different from real term support. Right now it is a balanced stand-off: Maintain good ties between us and Arabs and:

- Arabs won't support one specific party in a war against the other.
- Indians shall remain neutral in Middle Eastern affairs.

A give and take relationship of equal proportion. I am talking vis a vis Saudi and Kuwait more than anyone else because UAE, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar are far more pro-India in general terms than the other two.

OIC support doesn't really matter much to us but logistical support from northern Arab countries would really jeopardize a far more serious relation than one based on a middle ages-era ideology of common religion.

I don't think Common Arabs like Indians. Even i have received harsh comment from them for being a citizen of Bangladesh, an india friendly country! They will provide financial and moral assistance to Pakistan. No doubt.

Most Arabs are non-political outside the realm of their region vis a vis matters concerning with Israel. And it is reasonable because neither do we of the sub-continent know much about, say, problems in southern Africa or in Pacific region.

No indian neighbours have supported pakistan during wars.....i don t know how did the above idea came to your mind:what:

You're wrong. Sri Lankans allowed Pakistani ships to specifically fuel for war in 1971. How do you think our ties embittered with them in first place? :azn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom