What's new

Wikileaks : Secret Afghanistan War logs

Insecure Pakistan might have seen Taliban as assets against Huge Indian forces growing with high tech weapons and ever growing influence in Afghanistan but soon US realized that to make Pakistan feel secure is the best way to cut their ties with Taliban and F-16s is the first step in the right direction. More Pakistan will feel secure from India more it will be willing to help west and that's what US is doing now.

Last edited:
Gin Ka Pakistan

Who facilitated Indian influence in Afghanistan? Was it other the US?

The one common problem is that all evidence against Pakistan is not credible. It is always planted to defame Pakistan or in the minds of Pakistanis, the activities of ISI is for the greater good of Pakistan. The western media always defames Pakistan but the truth is what Pakistanis believe in. No desperation here .. this is my first post on this thread after reading through a lot of pages.

Well done AM, you can convince/over power everyone with well chosen words and obtuse logic but deep within you know something somewhere is wrong in the way Pakistan intelligence agency is run.
:cheers:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
inspired by Ramu Gopal Verma...

But all the Pakistan bashing in the reports suggests to me that someone is after Adm Mullen's head and it was either a calculated release or someone has decided to use this opportunity. A lot of the top administration officials think that he has gone "native" and should be replaced.
Hmmm ... I heard that from S-2 (another American poster) over a year ago, that Mullen had gone too 'native' for his liking.

Personally I think Mullen actually gets how to build relationships and trust in this part of the world, and it isn't through blow hard bluster and threats.

It is after all under Mullen's 'going native watch' that Pakistan has deployed over 140,000 troops in FATA and Swat, and cooperation between the USMil and PakMil is at its highest.

Gin Ka Pakistan

Who facilitated Indian influence in Afghanistan? Was it other the US?

Bush's mistake now being rectify by Obama.

Indian lobby didn't left any stone unturned to stop F-16s but now US knows only a secure Pakistan at eastern boarder will cut it ties with NW Taliban else not.

Here's my idea of what's happening.

There's no smoking gun, concrete evidence of ISI involvement.

If Pakistan was indeed supporting extremists, I highly doubt US would be giving us latest weapons, $1.5B/year in aid, and other assistance.

More importantly, given that they are a superpower and have immense amount of diplomatic clout and influence around the world, they'd be making a much bigger noise about it.

These leaks/ISI involvement reports serve two purposes.

1. Pressure Pakistan to go into North Waziristan.
2. Given that the US is likely to fail in Afghanistan, they want to setup a clear scapegoat whom they can point fingers at once they exit.

This is obviously my take but no one knows the ground reality.

This looks to be one big clusterfuck and it's really not clear what's going on at the ground.

Or perhaps this could be very simple.

All this intelligence is being provided by NDS - The Afghan Intelligence service.

The US probably knows what's going on hence they have no problem giving us aid. And more importantly, they know about NDS' credibility and that NDS would love to associate ISI with Taliban. NDS has not provided any evidence of ISI support either.

Hence their claims are not considered too strongly by the US.

Insecure Pakistan might have seen Taliban as assets against Huge Indian forces growing with high tech weapons and ever growing influence in Afghanistan but soon US realized that to make Pakistan feel secure is the best way to cut their ties with Taliban and F-16s is the first step in the right direction. More Pakistan will feel secure from India more it will be willing to help west and that's what US is doing now.

example: Indian lobby didn't left any stone unturned to stop F-16s but now US knows only a secure Pakistan at eastern boarder will cut it ties with NW Taliban else not.

Or perhaps this could be very simple.

All this intelligence is being provided by NDS - The Afghan Intelligence service.

The US probably knows what's going on hence they have no problem giving us aid. And more importantly, they know about NDS' credibility and that NDS would love to associate ISI with Taliban. NDS has not provided any evidence of ISI support either.

Hence their claims are not considered too strongly by the US.

90,000 leaked documents over ten years and not a single smoking gun revelation, despite the combined technological and financial resources of NATO analyzing all things ISI related with a microscope. I think that alone speaks volumes of the fact that the ISI is perhaps the most falsely maligned organization in history.

Either that or one of the most brilliant and effective intel agencies on the planet.

Hmmm ... I heard that from S-2 (another American poster) over a year ago, that Mullen had gone too 'native' for his liking.

Personally I think Mullen actually gets how to build relationships and trust in this part of the world, and it isn't through blow hard bluster and threats.

It is after all under Mullen's 'going native watch' that Pakistan has deployed over 140,000 troops in FATA and Swat, and cooperation between the USMil and PakMil is at its highest.

Adm Mullen's stock is not too high especially after the McChrystal incident as McChrystal was hand picked by Mullen.

As for him going "native" I don't know but he does seem to be a bit "too comfortable" in the arena with the other players...always a dangerous sign IMO.

Adm Mullen's stock is not too high especially after the McChrystal incident as McChrystal was hand picked by Mullen.

McChrystal had a glowing professional reputation (barring the Tillman controversy) and glowing resume from Iraq. Hardly anyone argued against his professional credentials and ability to get the job done when being nominated. Laying that blame at Mullen's door is yet more scapegoating of an overall failure of US policy and strategy in the region.
As for him going "native" I don't know but he does seem to be a bit "too comfortable" in the arena with the other players...always a dangerous sign IMO.
Contrast what Pakistan has done under Mullen's watch in the past 1.5 years with what the US was able to get Pakistan to do before that. Granted Pakistan's actions in the time period I refer to are not by any means solely due to Mullen, not even close, but the increased US-Pak military and intelligence engagement is directly related, IMO, to building trust between the two sides and that movement is obviously the result of dialog at the highest levels of the military and intelligence community.

It is clear from now going forward that the relation between Pakistan will be viewed in Afghanistan with suspicion. This is not great news for Pakistan.

It is clear from now going forward that the relation between Pakistan will be viewed in Afghanistan with suspicion. This is not great news for Pakistan.

Not true - NDS was supplying this distorted intelligence to NATO and likely far more to Karzai, so nothing in these reports is new to Karzai.

Karzai's official reaction to these reports confirms that.

The Afghan-Pak relationship will likely continue in the direction it was for the most part IMO.

Not true - NDS was supplying this distorted intelligence to NATO and likely far more to Karzai, so nothing in these reports is new to Karzai.

Karzai's official reaction to these reports confirms that.

The Afghan-Pak relationship will likely continue in the direction it was for the most part IMO.

Wonder why Afghanistan declined Pakistan's offer to train its army was a good indication at that time. Not sure if Pakistan is having a large role in training the Afghan army now ?

As far as Afghan relations are concerned, these leaks are severaly outdated - mostly going back at least 3-4 years back - and the relations have changed recently. So these leaks probably will have no effect on the relations.

first hilary and mike mullen say osama is hiding in pakistan with someone in govt. knowing it.and now these ,leaks,.
now i,m starting to believe all those conspiracy theories against pakistan.
pakistan is indeed being pushed against the wall

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom