What's new

Wikileaks : Secret Afghanistan War logs

The sources under the sun are irrelevant. The sources that we have so far are vague or not credible or do not provide proof for their allegations.

The sources under the sun are irrelevant. The sources that we have so far are vague or not credible or do not provide proof for their allegations.

i argued those are enough primary evidence and burden of proof is on pakistan and you argued it is not and we failed to convince each other. Then Let's leave it there ..let others read and figure out themselves..is it not fair enough for a conclusion.

But you're suggesting that Pakistan has to prove it's innocence. Your basis for that is UN has asked Iran to prove its innocence. Using those arguments, you'll be laughed at by the whole world. Not only is the UN argument factually incorrect - UN has not said anything such but rather it was US saying that -, nothing similar has been said about Pakistan. So Pakistan has to be proven guilty. The evidence you're talking about is very weak/circumstantial and doesn't not have much to it.

How come it is US SAYING THAT ? YOU MAY EITHER CHOOSE TO REPLY MY 125TH POST OR WE CAN LEAVE IT FOR OTHERS TO FIGURE IT OUT BUT DONT FORCE YOUR ARGUEMENTS ON ME.

I am saying that because that was in reply your last post. I do not choose to reply to your post #125 because it is way too simplistic (yes, yet again) and your arguments are way too naive. Anyway, I will not get into any kiddie battles and if you want to continue then by all means.

I am saying that because that was in reply your last post. I do not choose to reply to your post #125 because it is way too simplistic (yes, yet again) and your arguments are way too naive. Anyway, I will not get into any kiddie battles and if you want to continue then by all means.

Yet again i don't find my arguements are too simplistic but any way SHALL I CONCLUDE THAT WE ARGUED TILL MY 125 POST AND BOTH FAILED TO CONVINCE EACH OTHER SO LEAVING IT FOR OTHERS
I SAY - THERE IS ENOUGH PRIMARY EVIDENCE AGAINST PAKISTAN AND IN THE LIGHT OF IRAN NUKE ISSUE THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON PAKISTAN.
YOU SAY (SMC) - THERE IS NO EVIDENCE AGAINST PAKISTAN,SOURCES ARE NOT CREDIBLE AND IRAN ISSUE IS IRRELEVENT IN THIS CONTEST SO THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON OTHERS.
FAIRE AND SQUARE ?

WikiLeaks challenges Pentagon
Source: WikiLeaks challenges Pentagon - Arab News

wor_wikileaks.jpg

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange attends a seminar at the Swedish Trade Union Confederation headquarters in Stockholm Saturday. News reports said that WikiLeaks plans to release soon about 15,000 documents on the Afghan war it held back last month. WikiLeaks caused an uproar when it published more than 70,000 documents in July, at a time when US public and congressional support for the nine-year war in Afghanistan is flagging. (Reuters)

STOCKHOLM: WikiLeaks will publish its remaining 15,000 Afghan war documents within a month, despite warnings from the US government, the organization's founder said Saturday.

The Pentagon has said that secret information will be even more damaging to security and risk more lives than WikiLeaks' initial release of some 76,000 war documents.

“This organization will not be threatened by the Pentagon or any other group,” Assange told reporters in Stockholm. “We proceed cautiously and safely with this material.”

In an interview with The Associated Press, he said that if US defense officials want to be seen as promoting democracy then they “must protect what the United States' founders considered to be their central value, which is freedom of the press.”

“For the Pentagon to be making threatening demands for censorship of a press organization is a cause for concern, not just for the press but for the Pentagon itself,” the Australian added.

He said WikiLeaks was about halfway though a “line-by-line review” of the 15,000 documents and that “innocent parties who are under reasonable threat” would be redacted from the material.

“It should be approximately two weeks before that process is complete,” Assange told AP. “There will then be a journalistic review, so you're talking two weeks to a month.”

WikiLeaks would be working with media partners in releasing the remaining documents, he said, but declined to name them.

The first files in WikiLeaks' “Afghan War Diary” laid bare classified military documents covering the war in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2010. The release angered US officials, energized critics of the NATO-led campaign, and drew the attention of the Taleban, which has promised to use the material to track down people it considers traitors.

That has aroused the concern of several human rights group operating in Afghanistan and the Paris-based media watchdog Reporters Without Borders, which has accused WikiLeaks of recklessness. Jean-Francois Julliard, the group's secretary-general, said Thursday that WikiLeaks showed “incredible irresponsibility” when posting the documents online.

WikiLeaks describes itself as a public service organization for whistle-blowers, journalists and activists.

“There are no easy choices for our organization,” Assange said. “We have a duty to the people most directly affected by this material, the people of Afghanistan and the course of this war which is killing hundreds every week. We have a duty to the broader historical record and its accuracy and its integrity. And we have a duty to our sources to try and protect them where we can.”

Assange told the AP that while no country has taken steps to shut down WikiLeaks, some have been gathering intelligence on the organization.

“There has been extensive surveillance in Australia, there has been surveillance in the United Kingdom, there has been the detainment of one of our volunteers who entered the United States a week and a half ago. But he was released after four hours,” Assange said.

In addition to speaking at a seminar, Assange was in Sweden to investigate claims that the website was not covered by laws protecting anonymous sources in the Scandinavian country.

Assange confirmed that WikiLeaks passes information through Belgium and Sweden to take advantage of press freedom laws there. But some experts say the site does not have the publishing certificate needed for full protection in Sweden.

Assange said two Swedish publications had offered their publication certificates to WikiLeaks, “but we will soon be registering our own this week.” He declined to disclose what other countries house WikiLeaks' technical infrastructure

Much of the information — raw intelligence and threat assessments gathered from the field in Afghanistan— cannot be verified and likely comes from sources aligned with Afghan intelligence, which considers Pakistan an enemy, and paid informants. Some describe plots for attacks that do not appear to have taken place.

This pretty much sums up all the hearsay.

Back
Top Bottom