What's new

Why would Pakistanis wish to visit India ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taj MAHAL, Red Fort, All the other Historical places.
Searching appropriate land mark spots for waving OUR national flag 🇵🇰

You can name your streets with these names and wave your flag there.

😞 Sad .. I started this thread in all
goodwill, and it ended in flames🔥
Let's keep it civil.
There is no reason to go to India, now.
Sometime back we were traveling back and forth watching cricket matches.
But that was 2011.

But we can't prevent marriages abroad as there is such a large diaspora of Indian Muslims. Don't know why the population of educated Indian Muslims abroad has suddenly jumped.
@xeuss can you explain?

There is nothing dramatic, just normal migration. Migration from India has increased for various reasons, it is only natural that Muslims form a part of the exodus.

India being a bigger country has more diversity in terms of natural beauty. There are few things you would not find in Pakistan.
Some examples are
1. Backwaters (as seen in Kerala)
2. Majestic beaches of Andaman, Lakshadweep
3. Cold desert plateau (Ladakh)

Cold deserts ?

1616464137510.jpeg

1616463693150.jpeg

Backwaters .., Karachi Mangrove Wildlife Park
1616464278821.jpeg

Golden Beaches ... We got it

Thanks !!!

@ghazi52
Could you post some more examples of the above in response to our Indian guests?

Last edited:
India should open a world class hospital in Amritsar and create a medical corridor for Pakistanis (similar to Kartarpur corridor).

the reason PAkistanis were going to India was the cost, within next one year IK govt is planning to give Health benefits to most of Pakistanis where they can get treatment from any private hospital.

the reason PAkistanis were going to India was the cost, within next one year IK govt is planning to give Health benefits to most of Pakistanis where they can get treatment from any private hospital.
Correct me if I am wrong. But I heard that Pakistanis came to India for superior medical facilities for some diseases.
Cold deserts ?

View attachment 726958

View attachment 726957
Backwaters .., Karachi Mangrove Wildlife Park
View attachment 726959
Golden Beaches ... We got it

Thanks !!!

@ghazi52
Could you post some more examples of the above in response to our Indian guests?
You can quote examples all you like, but are you seriously disputing the fact that India has greater diversity of natural beauty owing to its greater area?

As a young man there were only two things I was interested in about Pakistan.

I found them.both outside Pakistani soil.

So I must say I did not have a burning need to visit thenceforth.

Now I am.a married middle-aged man, and one of those is off the menu.

Cheers, Doc

Yea, I doubt India is running its Incredible India tourism campaign in Pakistan. India needs tourists with disposable incomes. Pakistan doesn't make the cut.

Don't be mean.

Both @Imran Khan (who doesn't put his money in banks) and @lastofthepatriots (who writes of millions in bad debts locally) are rich guys and would spend.

Cheers, Doc

You can quote examples all you like, but are you seriously disputing the fact that India has greater diversity of natural beauty owing to its greater area?
Just because a country is big doesn't mean it is beautiful. I have been to China and eastern coastal China is all concrete jungle. Switzerland is a small country and very beautiful.
So far as Pakistanis are concerned the Indian visa, ( in the days they were issued), confines them to two specific cities or locations only, and that too within a 30 km radius within the city limits . They must report to the police stations whenever they enter and report when they leave. Visiting Kerala backwaters or Cold deserts in Ladakh is a fantasy. Pakistanis used to be issued only family visit visas, on in very rare cases a business visa for a corporate event . There is a rare chance of either being there on the beach on the Andaman Islands. Indians when the visas were issued has the same limitations. Now no visas are issued except to Sikh and Hindu pilgrims of either country. Sikhs are limited to visit the four or five Gurdwaras and Hindus are allowed to visit four pilgrimage sites.
So can a Pakistani citizen visit Agra ? NO , unless he has a blood relative in the city. Can an Indian Sikh or Hindu visit Swat or the Neelum Valley ?
Never.

But who complains. We love to skii in our very own Naran Valley

1616469996194.jpeg

Don't be mean.

Both @Imran Khan (who doesn't put his money in banks) and @lastofthepatriots (who writes of millions in bad debts locally) are rich guys and would spend.

Cheers, Doc
I am talking about the target audience of a tourism marketing campaign. Several Pakistanis with resources and disposable incomes do come to India anyway - they don't need any marketing. Most have North American passports. For Pak passport holders they need to visit the police station everyday. Probably the case for Indians in Pak too.

For medical reasons also, whoever wants to come and spend will do so.

I am talking about the target audience of a tourism marketing campaign. Several Pakistanis with resources and disposable incomes do come to India anyway - they don't need any marketing. Most have North American passports. For Pak passport holders they need to visit the police station everyday. Probably the case for Indians in Pak too.

For medical reasons also, whoever wants to come and spend will do so.

Pakistani Parsis have been hosted by me with no such restrictions.

It required a couple of letters max.

Cheers, Doc

@magra
No Pakistani visits India for tourism, in the days visas were issued.
It was only family visits or in the rare case ( for Muslims) a pseud-religious occasion of the Urs festival on the shrines of various Sufi saints. With the decline of Sufism Muslims in Pakistan no longer seek religious visas to visit dargahs and shrines.
Pakistan's minority Sikh and Hindus do travel to India and because their places of worship are located over a very wide area all over the country they have some freedom of travel . So Sikh from Pakistan would like to visit Patna Saheb in Bihar along with the Golden Temple in Amritsar and the two places are located 1267 km apart and connected by a three hour flight. Similarly a Pakistani Hindu would want to do the entire circuit of Varanasi, Ayodhya, Haridwar, Puri, Kolkata, Chennai and Rameswaram. So obviously they can see the country?

Can an Indian Muslim visit Zhob ? Never ...

1616471707779.jpeg

1616471779097.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom