What's new

Why would Pakistanis wish to visit India ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pretty. Is this Karachi or the US?

Must be Karachi. No one in the US can even read Gujarati anymore.

Thank you. But I travel a lot and a Pakistani Visa stamp on my passport is going to really mess with my life.

Maybe once I retire I will look you up and take you up on your offer.

Cheers, Doc

We got it here too ...

img_2166.jpg

1616497490534.jpeg

The US deserves an Atash Behram now.

The clamor is building up and will only grow.

But the priesthood and the money remains in India. As do the roots.

So let us see.

Cheers, Doc
That's Karachi by the way .., I am
told it is as good or better than the one you have in Bombay ( Yes, I deliberately use the old word ...)
Read about it here...

Pakistan gives visas to Parsis pretty easily...

That's Karachi by the way .., I am
told it is as good or better than the one you have in Bombay ( Yes, I deliberately use the old word ...)
Read about it here...

Pakistan gives visas to Parsis pretty easily...

Its very pretty and yes I have seen the photos of the inside as well.

But its not the highest grade of fire.

It is the second highest grade. An Agyari.

Cheers, Doc

Its very pretty and yes I have seen the photos of the inside as well.

But its not the highest grade of fire.

It is the second highest grade. An Agyari.

Cheers, Doc

You should use your influence to
allow easier access to Pakistani Parsis to visit Bombay and pray at the Seth Banaji Limji Agiary.

I am told Pakistani Parsis don't get the same visa preferences as Pakistani Sikhs and Hindus for religious pilgrimage

You should use your influence to
allow easier access to Pakistani Parsis to visit Bombay and pray at the Seth Banaji Limji Agiary.

I am told Pakistani Parsis don't get the same visa preferences as Pakistani Sikhs and Hindus for religious pilgrimage

I do. Regularly.

It takes a couple of discreet letters to make sure they do not need to do the daily police rounds.

Yes, when they move cities, they have to.

But the girls and boys last year had a really nice time. And in spite of being subtly goaded by the Indians there, I never heard anything derogatory or scared or negative from any of them. Though yes, most of them were trying to get to the West for their studies and possibly permanently.

I must tell you it is a surreal experience to hear a bawa speaking chaste Urdu and having a Muslim cut beard ...

Cheers, Doc

I do. Regularly.

It takes a couple of discreet letters to make sure they do not need to do the daily police rounds.

Yes, when they move cities, they have to.

But the girls and boys last year had a really nice time. And in spite of being subtly goaded by the Indians there, I never heard anything derogatory or scared or negative from any of them. Though yes, most of them were trying to get to the West for their studies and possibly permanently.

I must tell you it is a surreal experience to hear a bawa speaking chaste Urdu and having a Muslim cut beard ...

Cheers, Doc

So what is pilgrimage circuit for Pakistani Parsis ?
Bombay, Poona, Calcutta?

I assume some of them stayed back and sought asylum, or applied for citizenship under the new Citizenship Amendment Act now that it is in force.

Just curious.

Absolutely. I always advise my American colleagues visiting India to always carry toilet paper and hand sanitizers with them, even when shopping in Khan Market, Delhi

Even in the major cities? (Not trying to offend anyone by asking this question)

So what is pilgrimage circuit for Pakistani Parsis ?
Bombay, Poona, Calcutta?

I assume some of them stayed back and sought asylum, or applied for citizenship under the new Citizenship Amendment Act now that it is in force.

Just curious.

Its not a pilgrimage man.

Not wholly at least.

Its matchmaking. Getting in touch with their (post Islamic Indian) roots. Networking. VCing. A mix of all.

Bombay and Poona definitely. Including Khandala and Panchgani. And most of the old Gujarat towns and villages. Surat. Navsari. Dahnu. Bharuch. Udvada.

They are a serious lot. A small teeny weenie chip on their shoulder in terms of how ready and aggressive they are to defend the larger Pakistani honor. Especially in the big gulf in technology and medicine and industry and commerce, which are the areas I look at. But sweet kids.

Cheers, Doc

Even in the major cities? (Not trying to offend anyone by asking this question)
Yes, I can only speak for Delhi . Even in a place like Khan Market the wash rooms are unusable and there is no running water or soap to wash your hands.
Malls such as the DHL mall have barely usable washrooms with sleepy attendants you have to tip, and there is always a queue. A hand sanitizer bottle and a roll of toilet paper in your backpack is useful. The same goes for Delhi airport domestic section. The international section after the security point is OK.

Its not a pilgrimage man.

Not wholly at least.

Its matchmaking. Getting in touch with their (post Islamic Indian) roots. Networking. VCing. A mix of all.

Bombay and Poona definitely. Including Khandala and Panchgani. And most of the old Gujarat towns and villages. Surat. Navsari. Dahnu. Bharuch. Udvada.

They are a serious lot. A small teeny weenie chip on their shoulder in terms of how ready and aggressive they are to defend the larger Pakistani honor. Especially in the big gulf in technology and medicine and industry and commerce, which are the areas I look at. But sweet kids.

Cheers, Doc

Good to know ...

Assumptions again on my part... so in the matchmaking process those Pakistani Parsis move to India as a one-way process.?

As part of your population consolidation project, theoretically if all the Parsis in Pakistan moved to India, would that bolster your population concentration there ?

No offense intended, just asking.
Pakistani Parsis are our very own loyal citizens, and prime contributors to Pakistan's economic and cultural diversity. So we would hate to lose them. But demographics have a logic of their own. Elsewhere you have expressed ( quite rightly) the need to rejuvenate the Parsi population and stimulate a growth.

Good to know ...

Assumptions again on my part... so in the matchmaking process those Pakistani Parsis move to India as a one-way process.?

As part of your population consolidation project, theoretically if all the Parsis in Pakistan moved to India, would that bolster your population concentration there ?

Pakistani Parsis are our very own loyal citizens, and prime contributors to Pakistan's economic and cultural diversity. So we would hate to lose them. But demographics have a logic of their own. Elsewhere you have expressed ( quite rightly) the need to rejuvenate the Parsi population and stimulate a growth.
The only way to rejuvenate Parsi population is to incentivize them to have more children. Parsi population is declining sharply in India (less than 100K left).

Good to know ...

No it is impossible for them to move to India. At least I do not know of any case in the recent past 5 years since I've been active "evangelically".

These kids start a life together away from the madness in the West. And bolster our increasingly thriving community there.

Its not just Pakistani kids. But Parsi and Irani (and now Kurd) kids from around the world.

Its just that when the introductions happen and they say Pakistan, there are really interesting auditory and facial explosions around the hall. Lol

Its a bit like the country cousins coming to the city and meeting their city cousins.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
Its a bit like the country cousins coming to the city and meeting their city cousins.
My interactions with our Parsi countrymen tell a different story.
They are shocked at the lower middle class poverty of their Indian brethren ( the three billionaires not withstanding ) living in ancient crumbling houses with 19th century furniture, completely culturally isolated and overwhelmed with the rising Maratha sub-nationalism and mafia harassment.
They told me the movie Mr. Pestonjee was very real. After the Anglo Indians the Indian Parsis are the next to go and fade away into the twilight.
There is no comparison between their lifestyles in Karachi with their chauffeurs, armed guards, housemaids, cooks and commercial urban property as well as lavish sprawling homes in the boulevards of Lalazar. Yes, their community was smaller but they enjoyed the inheritance of business empires, prime urban property and financial security way more than any of their Indian counterparts could dream of. Which is why the Dar-e-Meher Agyari in Karachi matches its Bombay counterpart in splendor even with a population a fraction of the community over there.
No Parsi in Pakistan goes looking for a job. It is all there in their inheritance.

My interactions with our Parsi countrymen tell a different story.
They are shocked at the lower middle class poverty of their Indian brethren ( the three billionaires not withstanding ) living in ancient crumbling houses with 19th century furniture, completely culturally isolated and overwhelmed with the rising Maratha sub-nationalism and mafia harassment.
They told me the movie Mr. Pestonjee was very real. After the Anglo Indians the Indian Parsis are the next to go and fade away into the twilight.
There is no comparison between their lifestyles in Karachi with their chauffeurs, armed guards, housemaids, cooks and commercial urban property as well as lavish sprawling homes in the boulevards of Lalazar. Yes, their community was smaller but they enjoyed the inheritance of business empires, prime urban property and financial security way more than any of their Indian counterparts could dream of. Which is why the Dar-e-Meher Agyari in Karachi matches its Bombay counterpart in splendor even with a population a fraction of the community over there.
No Parsi in Pakistan goes looking for a job. It is all there in their inheritance.

Yes it is a fact that the 2500-4000 odd Parsis left in Pakistan, mainly Karachi, are of family business stock. Which is why they stayed behind in Pakistan in the first place.

The exact same reason why most Sindhi Hindus stayed back as well.

It was all about the munny hunny. Which is the answer to the other thread of why non Muslim Pakistanis chose Pakistan.

Cheers, Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom