What's new

Why was the Awami League not allowed to form government in 1971?

What?! Building BUET, Komolapur Railway station-they were privilege rather than rights of Bengalis as East Pakistanis?
Those were indeed privilege since NWFPian (W Pakistani) Ayub built them.

Are you kidding ? So if the central govt. of India, which is seating in Delhi, builds roads, dams, schools, colleges, hospitals or factories in a state, all residents of that state should take it as a favour and not as their rights ?

This is a new lesson for me. Really.

i dont know how you are so sure suhrawardy had less bengali genes than mirza. but then we can debate over the issue of who instigated riots in kolkata when they visited there. as far as i know it was another west pakistani misstrust issue over our leaders. u surely have different ideology than mine.
Me saying suhrawardy's gene lacked Bengalines was directed to his lavish life in Kolkata, froming gunda bahini and killing his wife that weren't common in many Nabab Jada's live styles and definitely not among ordinary Bengalis. Now, see the mistrusting myth was planted so vigorously that even all the Pakistani PREZ, PMs were from BD then still apologists would find an excuse of it because the reason for the 'BREAK UP' needed to be rationalized to after 71s generation by hook or by crook otherwise their scheme of things wouldn't get warter to hold on.

And finally brother, I'm not a blind ideologue but a rationalist thinker who possesses the credo of 'Learn from cradle to grave'.

Are you kidding ? So if the central govt. of India, which is seating in Delhi, builds roads, dams, schools, colleges, hospitals or factories in a state, all residents of that state should take it as a favour and not as their rights ?

This is a new lesson for me. Really.

No I was not because Ayub didn't build any such of them in his own neighbor hood and the argument was about his/his type's discrimination against us. Thus it rightfully hit my conscious mind and fell appropriately in the context of that argument. Now get this, if central GOVT of Delhi builds all the above in a state and gets accused of being discriminatory then your central GOVT could learn from me on how to rebut them.

No I was not because Ayub didn't build any such of them in his own neighbor hood and the argument was about his/his type's discrimination against us. Thus it rightfully hit my conscious mind and fell appropriately in the context of that argument. Now get this, if central GOVT of Delhi builds all the above in a state and gets accused of being discriminatory then your central GOVT could learn from me on how to rebut them.
Nice evasion.

The question, however remains unanswered. Should the implementation of central govt. policies be taken by the people of a state as a favour or as their right ?

Nice evasion.

The question, however remains unanswered. Should the implementation of central govt. policies be taken by the people of a state as a favour or as their right ?
You pulled me to play the game in your term at my turf and expexted me to oblige?

Good, thanks for admitting evasion. I think I got my answer.

Thank you, you are too kind.

Just because I denied to play the game in your term, didn't mean that I evaded or deviated from answering the core of the question. If sarcasm didn't surpass your will to understand it then you could expect a thanks for thanking me. :sniper:

What?! Building BUET, Komolapur Railway station-they were privilege rather than rights of Bengalis as East Pakistanis?

I think his point was that there was development carried out in East Pakistan that was not mentioned in the SB statistics, and that just pointing out the development carried out in West Pakistan, and ignoring the development in the East, is not a fair argument.

Well Mujib and his gang tried to erase Islam and killed the concept of two nation theory from the Bangladesh. His hate for Muslim and Islam unimaginable.

Here are some examples out of many:

1-He establish secular Constitution with out praising to Allah and inclusion of Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.
2-stopped broadcasting of tilawat-e-Qur'aan from TV and Radio first thing in the morning.
3-He scraped Iayat from Dhaka university that read "rabbi jidni ilma."
4-omit Muslim from "salimullah Muslim hall."
5-omit Islam from "kazi najrul Islam hall."

Mujib secular Bangladesh died with him 1975. Islam and Two nation theory re emerge with the emergence of General Zia-ur-Rehman. Today's Bangladesh is the product of General Zia-ur-Rehman not Mujib the dalal. General Zia Islamize the constitution and brought Bangladesh closer to Islamic world. He is our modern day Islamic hero. He is beloved and respected by Muslims in Bangladesh.

I got news for you. Those who injected with heavy dose of bacteria called "bengalism", it will never get in to their head. They are lack of Islamic of gene.

Mujib at the end turned more Islamic.And some of his moves like going to Pakistan in 1974 for OIC conference and also to reconcile the bitter relation,against the Indian will proves that.Also heard he started using "Khoda Hafez" instead of "Joy Bangla" in the end.

One leader Bangladesh should have given more importance to was Maulana Bhashani,that's what I feel.He was true nationalist.The first thing he said after BD was liberated was to withdraw Indian troops immediately.
In 1969 uprising,He started praying on the streets as the Pakistani troops threatened to charge,that way using no violence he stopped the bloodshed.He also supported the Zia govt. after Sheikh Mujib was assassinated.Though he died soon after at 1976.A great leader he was.

In 1969 uprising,He started praying on the streets as the Pakistani troops threatened to charge,that way using no violence he stopped the bloodshed.

Mujib was not peaceful. Trying to portray him as a peaceful nationalist is a distortion of history.

Mujib was training troops for physical warfare well before 1971. He might have used religion as a tool for drugging the masses, but that was just to elevate himself in the eyes of his followers. He was using violence to take over East Pakistan. That is a matter of official record.

Please do not make yourself look like foolish brother.

It was his duty as the leader of the nation to do so.East Pakistan was as much Pakistan as the West Pakistan.If you say it was privilege then you are setting double standards.Thus you are excluding East Pakistan from Pakistan.
It would have been privilege if Bangladesh was a deserted Godforsaken place.But it was not.It used to earn foreign currency too and which was used to build cities in West Pakistan as well.So it was NOT a Privilege But Basic rights and Ayub did his duty.

Mujib was not peaceful. Trying to portray him as a peaceful nationalist is a distortion of history.

Mujib was training troops for physical warfare well before 1971. He might have used religion as a tool for drugging the masses, but that was just to elevate himself in the eyes of his followers. He was using violence to take over East Pakistan. That is a matter of official record.

Excuse me sir,please read the post again.I termed Maulana Bhashani as peaceful not Mujib.Maulana Bhashani was religious and at the same time pro-China politician.

Hahaha what funny and twisted story. Building WPUET and EPUET and all the PIT's were the idea of Dr. Rashid who was the first VC of EPUET and the head of the comission which was responsible for making the plan for technical education in Pakistan. Whenever it was given responsibility to any Bengali they made it sure that W. Pakistan gets its fair share but not the case in other way.

I think Awami and mujib disgraced by omitting the memory of Quaid-e-Ajam from Bangladesh after separation form west Pakistan. Its seem we Bangladeshi forget that with out birth of Pakistan there wouldn't be Bangladesh. If I am not wrong than I believe Muhammad Ali Jinnah is the founder of united Pakistan(east and west). He has nothing to do with 1971 debacle. At least we could have gave him some higher place in Bangladesh. Couldn't we? There is limit to Ahsan faramoshi.

Ask your W. Pakistani brothers, whether they gave fair share of respect to Fazlul Haque, who first proposed Pakistan in Lahore 1942 and on that basis pakistan was created. Also Fazlul Haque was not from Muslim League, though he backed Muslim League in that particular issue. For your kind information, Jinnah was not the founder of Muslim League rather he earned his fame through tail licking of Gandhi and later joined Muslim League when his relationship with Gandhi and Neheru started souring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_League

Read the above article and history and see the synonym written first in Bengali then Urdu.
Muslim League was created in Dhaka and by Bengalis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom