What's new

Why was the Awami League not allowed to form government in 1971?

Yes its all true. You guys in W. Pakistan still working on it and seems like the situation is getting bad to worse day by day even after 60 years of independence.

In terms of ethnic tensions and distribution of resources - no, it is not getting worse.

The issue of instability in Pakistan is not one due to the deprivation of a people or discrimination against them, it is primarily an issue of extremist ideology and a sense of ethnic and religious solidarity (which some would argue is misguided) against an occupation in Afghanistan.

The situation in Baluchistan might fit that template better, but overall on the issue of ethnic tensions, we haven't seen anywhere close to say the communal tensions in India in a long time now.

The instability from extremism might change that going forward, but hopefully sane heads will prevail.

i have already got two of my posts deleted by two moderators.
Before the thread got remerged, we were hoping to keep it on track and short and sweet, since we perceived it to revolve around a very specific question.

Now that the subject matter is far broader, a variety of issues related to the thread topic can be discussed.

Gormell Bhai,

There is a saying, who controls the flow of information, he/it controls the demography. Now the figure 50% has been picked up because it has suited apologists but they conveniently have hided the premise that if part of Bihar, Assam, Hyderabad, Kashmir and Junagharh have been a part of PAK as it has been originally envisaged then our numbers wouldn't have been 50%. And even it had been closer by population of PAK then it wouldn't have been near by the area of that figure. Furthermore, selection of URDU had meanings of spearheading Muslim's spiritual and unified lives. Because Urdu is written by Arabic letter and does Farsi too. So, entire Middle Eastern, Persian and Indian Muslim's paper documents would show in same letters that would make easier for them to unify and re-possess the lost glory. I guess that hasn't crossed your mind yet.

It was actually 56% accurately counted by Pakistani Census. And what is the point of saying what was envisaged?! Assam is part of India. Pakistan never claimed it. Hyderabad was forcefully occupied but the time I am talking about, it was already India's and Pakistan was not having any dream of taking it back, I think...right? I mean do you see Pakistan taking Hyderabad back from India? Only region in real dispute is Kashmir that was not inside Pakistan then or now. Beside even if it was or is, doesn't really matter when you compare with the huge population of Bengalis. and still the west neglected us so much that they always concentrated their military help on Kashmir, and in 65 Bangladesh was supported by under strength pak army. i am not sure if there was any armoured division in the East at all in 65. Scroll that reads the same language is not the best way to win back our lost khilafat. Try to be more realistic please. I am advising you that cause I personally believe in Khilafat.

Last edited:
You didn't have to ask me if you knew little Urdu. See it doesn't harm to learn different language. Does it?

hahaha you are funny zakir bhai:D
you see my wife is Pakistani and I just asked her what does that mean and wallahi she said, "No Clue"
You surely have a lot of love for Urdu. Good for you.

Last edited:
hahaha you are funny zakir bhai:D
you see my wife is Pakistani and I just asked her what does that mean and wallahi she said, "No Clue"
You surely have a lot of lovefor Urdu. Good for you.

Your kidding - your wife is Pakistani and does not know what 'Ahsan Faramoshi' means?

Does your wife not know Urdu?

I'm not sure if you are aware, but Direndhranat dutta was the member of Parliament who actually first put forward legislation to make Bengali the official language of Pakistan.

so? you think he did it without having any popular Bangladeshi public support behind it?! he was elected in the parliament by the people, majority of whom were Muslims. Now I don't know why you have so much hatred towards a non-muslim minority representing the popular view of the public who voted him to speak for them.

Your kidding - your wife is Pakistani and does not know what 'Ahsan Faramoshi' means?

She is Pakistani and you are Pakistani. I think you can answer your question better.

Ahsan is arabic and I read it in the Quran and there it meant something like superlative form of "good" or "nice" . what is faramoshi? it sounds like farsi but what is the sweet meaning of it?!!!!

I am asking people around here, who are all Urdu lovers and nobody has even answered my query about the words yet! How can you then expect people to be curious about your lingua franka?

Last edited:

That also brings out a good point:)
Her maternal mother tongue is Hindko and Paternal side speaks Pashtu. And they only speak urdu with non-relatives who don't speak either of the languages. It tells you the lack of 1st language status of Urdu even among the "then" West Pakistanis.

Ahsan in Urdu means 'favor', and "ahsan faramoshi" could be loosely translated as "turning your back on someone who did you a favor".

I actually opted out of Urdu from ninth grade onwards, since I went to a school run by the British Embassy and therefore didn't start learning it (reading and writing that is) till the seventh grade when I shifted to the Pakistani system, so my own Urdu isn't the strongest, but that is a pretty common phrase.

That also brings out a good point:)
It tells you the lack of 1st language status of Urdu even among the "then" West Pakistanis.
Takes a while for a language to catch on, especially when there isn't broadbased access to a common education system and curriculum.

Well Mujib and his gang tried to erase Islam and killed the concept of two nation theory from the Bangladesh. His hate for Muslim and Islam unimaginable.

Here are some examples out of many:

1-He establish secular Constitution with out praising to Allah and inclusion of Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.
2-stopped broadcasting of tilawat-e-Qur'aan from TV and Radio first thing in the morning.
3-He scraped Iayat from Dhaka university that read "rabbi jidni ilma."
4-omit Muslim from "salimullah Muslim hall."
5-omit Islam from "kazi najrul Islam hall."

Mujib secular Bangladesh died with him 1975. Islam and Two nation theory re emerge with the emergence of General Zia-ur-Rehman. Today's Bangladesh is the product of General Zia-ur-Rehman not Mujib the dalal. General Zia Islamize the constitution and brought Bangladesh closer to Islamic world. He is our modern day Islamic hero. He is beloved and respected by Muslims in Bangladesh.

I got news for you. Those who injected with heavy dose of bacteria called "bengalism", it will never get in to their head. They are lack of Islamic of gene.

Hey brother I earnestly wish you use more respectful terms for the leader who STILL ENJOYS MORE RESPECT IN BANGLADESH THAN ANY OTHER LEADER.
Sheikh Mujib was someone who was even mentioned as "...Our great leader Bongobondhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman..." by Major General Zia-ur Rahman when he declared war in 27th March, 1971. The clip with the audio is in youtube.

Last edited:
It was actually 56% accurately counted by Pakistani Census. And what is the point of saying what was envisaged?! Assam is part of India. Pakistan neve claimed t. Hyderabad was forcefully occupied but the time I am talkin about, it was already India's and Pakistan was not having any dream of taking it back I think...right? I men do you see Pakistan taking Hyderabad back from india?Only region in real dispute is Kashmir that was not inside Pakistan then or now. beside even if it was or is, doesn't really matter when you compare with the huge population of bengalis. and stll the west neglected us so much that they always concentrated on Kashmir, their military help and in 65 Bangladesh was supported by under strength pak army. i am not sure if there was any armoured division in the East at all in 65. Scroll that reads the same language is not the best way to win back our lost khilafat. Try to be more realistic please. I am advising you that cuse I personally believe in Khilafat.
The similar statistics of the 'State Bank of Pakistan' showed that W Pakistanis built more primary schools in W than the E but never reveled that West/Urdu speaking Pakistanis Built Adamji, CTG Still Mills, Comolapur Railway Station, Sangshad Bhabhan, BUET type of stuff in the East. And also the apologists never found out that it was the State Bank of PAK formatted SIX points by the help of CIA that caused the ultimate break up of PAK. You see how controlling info works to achieve conspiratorial goal? Wasn't Assam a part of originally proposed PAK? Even if it weren't then what's wrong would it be to break its Muslim rich provinces like Dadas of W Bangle did to their Banga Mata? You are talking about PAK's story of not claiming Hyderabad before it couldn't even settle Kashmir. How rational/logical is it for a country to fight a six times larger one than itself in multiple fronts? Also your HOG WASH continued when you claimed that W Pakistanis neglected us but creation of all the industrial and educational institutions were definitely not the symbol of negligence, was it? A country that was born out of haste, didn't inherit cities like KOLKATA, MUMBAI and when its ICS officers had to run offices seating in CHATAI, MADUR caused injustice to us after all the developments? Will you give me a break? And your rant on Bengali's contribution on 65 war didn't overweigh the fact that there wasn't any war in Eastern front. Brother let me tell you that I have crossed the barriers of false hoods related to our separation that have been taught in BD and thanks Almighty for helping me in achieving that. Finally, thanks a lot for being a Khilafa promoter but please don't mix that up with Dada conspiracies.

A student of Subcontinental history would know, that the question was addressed by the Pakistan Government, and Bengali was declared an official language, on par with Urdu, in 1956. This was 15 years before the creation of Bangladesh.

A student of subcontinental history should also know, that after the creation of Pakistan, just in first 8/9 years between 1947 & 1956 how serious protest the Bengalis had to voice to make the Pakistan government finally accept Bangla language's status in 1956.

Last edited:
The similar statistics of the 'State Bank of Pakistan' showed that W Pakistanis built more primary schools in W than the E but never reveled that West/Urdu speaking Pakistanis Built Adamji, CTG Still Mills, Comolapur Railway Station, Sangshad Bhabhan, BUET type of stuff in the East. And also the apologists never found out that it was the State Bank of PAK formatted SIX points by the help of CIA that caused the ultimate break up of PAK. You see how controlling info works to achieve conspiratorial goal? Wasn't Assam a part of originally proposed PAK? Even if it weren't then what's wrong would it be to break its Muslim rich provinces like Dadas of W Bangle did to their Banga Mata? You are talking about PAK's story of not claiming Hyderabad before it couldn't even settle Kashmir. How rational/logical is it for a country to fight a six times larger one than itself in multiple fronts? Also your HOG WASH continued when you claimed that W Pakistanis neglected us but creation of all the industrial and educational institutions were definitely not the symbol of negligence, was it? A country that was born out of haste, didn't inherit cities like KOLKATA, MUMBAI and when its ICS officers had to run offices seating in CHATAI, MADUR caused injustice to us after all the developments? Will you give me a break? And your rant on Bengali's contribution on 65 war didn't overweigh the fact that there wasn't any war in Eastern front. Brother let me tell you that I have crossed the barriers of false hoods related to our separation that have been taught in BD and thanks Almighty for helping me in achieving that. Finally, thanks a lot for being a Khilafa promoter but please don't mix that up with Dada conspiracies.

What?! Building BUET, Komolapur Railway station-they were privilege rather than rights of Bengalis as East Pakistanis?

Back
Top Bottom