What's new

Why This Indian Neighbour Decided To Buy 2 Submarines From China

And Pakistanis were as oppressive as the British. Sure.

Pakistan drained BD resources and hence the split in 1971.:D

There was no opportunity for independent BD in 1947, either with Pakistan or India.
Please read up on history.

Bangladesh buying chinese subs should not be a concern, buying it from US, europe and russia should be as they are lethal subs!

i'd have to disagree. do you know the famous Song submarine incident? where a song-class sub popped up in between a US CBG and within the firing range of it's AShM completely undetected!! chinese subs are quite deadly. And China has taken a step ahead than Russia in conventional sub field, since they employ AIP subs which Russia doesn't yet have!!!

Playing the blame game is what Bangladeshis do the best.

British were offering only two options in 1947 - go with India or with Pakistan.
Was BD going to magic it's own army at that time to force an independent BD?:crazy:
Accept that India is a colossal economic failure and we can move on. At least India is doing ok now after decades of economic incompetence.

Last edited:
i'd have to disagree. do you know the famous Song submarine incident? where a song-class sub popped up in between a US CBG and within the firing range of it's AShM completely undetected!! chinese subs are quite deadly. And China has taken a step ahead than Russia in conventional sub field, since they employ AIP subs which Russia doesn't yet have!!!

US and Russian SSBN's work because both countries have extensive
underwater cable stations to relay orders, and could attack at anytime.
China has no such network. Chinese SSBN's have to release a
communication buoy every twelve hours to see if the world had gone
toeten, so it could be up to twelve hours before a Chinese SSBN launches
retaliatory attack. Chinese land-based intercontinental missiles have a
combat readiness of 75%+, while SSBN by design only 25%.

Accept t is hat Indiaa colossal economic failure and we can move on. At least
India is doing ok now after decades of economic incompetence.

Sure, we went ahead with the formation of the Islamic state in 1947, but it took us 24 years to find out that we were being discriminated. Then we protested against the discrimination & got slaughtered in millions. And then we cried for help from elsewhere to save our rear & had our saviors loot us. And after 46 years of all that, we are still an LDC. :(

Wait, that's the history of BD, right. :lol:

US and Russian SSBN's work because both countries have extensive
underwater cable stations to relay orders, and could attack at anytime.
China has no such network. Chinese SSBN's have to release a
communication buoy every twelve hours to see if the world had gone
toeten, so it could be up to twelve hours before a Chinese SSBN launches
retaliatory attack. Chinese land-based intercontinental missiles have a
combat readiness of 75%+, while SSBN by design only 25%.

sir, pls read my post first. i was not talking about the cable station network for ssbn. i was talking about the individual capability of a chinese conventional sub not ssbn. of course US and Russia are still ahead in SSN SSBN capability. but China will soon overtake Russia in this regard and close the large gap with US!!!

sir, pls read my post first. i was not talking about the cable station network for ssbn. i was talking about the individual capability of a chinese conventional sub not ssbn. of course US and Russia are still ahead in SSN SSBN capability. but China will soon overtake Russia in this regard and close the large gap with US!!!

Chinese submarine technology is still generally considered to be a generation behind the West. For example, the much talked about new Type 095 nuclear-attack submarine SSN will, in all likelihood, be more on par with 1980s NATO nuclear-powered fast-attack submarines (i.e. roughly three decades behind current Western sub technology).

Chinese submarine technology is still generally considered to be a generation behind the West. For example, the much talked about new Type 095 nuclear-attack submarine SSN will, in all likelihood, be more on par with 1980s NATO nuclear-powered fast-attack submarines (i.e. roughly three decades behind current Western sub technology).

how do you know type-095 SSN is behind in capability when there is not a single SSN of this class has been commissioned? provide some sources to prove your claim!!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom