What's new

Why this Focus on Rapes in India by World Media

There is a valid reason non-Hindus were barred. First they had no benevolent disposition towards idol worshippers. They had contempt for the stone figurines in the temple. And temples being spiritual places and not touristic spots, it makes sense to keep out people have contempt towards it. Next, foreigners were given access to Hindu temples and literature in the initial phase. That resulted in diamonds and other jewelry getting stolen. Non-Hindus only interest was in looting and proving how primitive and depraved Hindus are.

And you said we have been accommodating all but now we were not ready to allow any foreigners because they did not believe in what we did and they stole!!!! Is it implied that Hindus did not still but foreigners and Dalits were prone to stealing? Excellent!!

You are talking about a society under assault. A society which was being razed to ground with all its intellectuals being killed.

This in no essence justifies lower castes to be barred till 21st Century. If this kind of "way of life" dominated the society I would rather choose to believe the development line more and more.Thanks.

And you said we have been accommodating all but now we were not ready to allow any foreigners because they did not believe in what we did and they stole!!!! Is it implied that Hindus did not still but foreigners and Dalits were prone to stealing? Excellent!!

Hello. Does accommodating mean allowing a murderer to murder you? Hindus do not steal from their temples.

Hell I wonder does going to an English medium school destroy common sense entirely.

Last edited:
No one is defending bad practices. What I am setting straight is the distortions that happened due to some very vested interests. You think I will defend treating a person as untouchable now? Or even give credit to people for practicing untouchability before?

You said being born of Brahama feet is divine, in what way? Especially when higher caste are born of higher part of body which are not considered disgusting. As soon as aryans entered India 2500 years ago they started to implant racist laws and giving bogus explanations. Then comes Manu laws about 2000 years ago, he forbade any brahmin marrying outside caste. Before that brahmins would marry woman from any caste. And that law was adopted by every caste in India.

Hello. Does accommodating mean allowing a murder to murder you? Hindus do not steal from their temples.

Hell I wonder does going to an English medium school destroy common sense entirely.
Don't be selective.Let me go direct if that's more convenient. Why Dalits were barred from entering Jagannath temple if originating from Brahma's leg does not look insulting to you?

Don't be selective.Let me go direct if that's more convenient. Why Dalits were barred from entering Jagannath temple if originating from Brahma's leg does not look insulting to you?

Absolute nonsense .... Dalits can enter Jagannath temple since 1948

You said being born of Brahama feet is divine, in what way? Especially when higher caste are born of higher part of body which are not considered disgusting. As soon as aryans entered India 2500 years ago they started to implant racist laws and giving bogus explanations. Then comes Manu laws about 2000 years ago, he forbade any brahmin marrying outside caste. Before that brahmins would marry woman from any caste. And that law was adopted by every caste in India.

Let us say our understanding of Brahma is the same as your Allah, would you say the feet of Allah is not divine? No part of Allah/Brahma is "not divine." Anyway it is just a metaphorical understanding of the social order. The brainiacs in any society naturally occupy the highest post. The foot soldiers make up the lower rung. This is true of all societies in the world. Caste system was anyways not meant to be birth based. It was based on "guna," meaning inborn talent. If you were born with aptitude to be a warrior, then a warrior you must be. The rest of the nonsense about caste is what happened to the society after it fell in turmoil.

Same because of hygiene issues and a society in turmoil. Question is are they barred today?

1948? Ok. How old this temple is by the way?

Its an 18nth century temple in Keradagarh village in the coastal district of Kendrapada, 90 km from Bhubaneshwar

Let us say our understanding of Brahma is the same as your Allah, would you say the feet of Allah is not divine? No part of Allah/Brahma is "not divine." Anyway it is just a metaphorical understanding of the social order. The brainiacs in any society naturally occupy the highest post. The foot soldiers make up the lower rung. This is true of all societies in the world. Caste system was anyways not meant to be birth based. It was based on "guna," meaning inborn talent. If you were born with aptitude to be a warrior, then a warrior you must be. The rest of the nonsense about caste is what happened to the society after it fell in turmoil.

Youare talking about Varna system i believe

Same because of hygiene issues and a society in turmoil. Question is are they barred today?
Hygiene issues? Do you realize how lame that sounds?

Its an 18nth century temple in Keradagarh village in the coastal district of Kendrapada, 90 km from Bhubaneshwar

I think we are talking about different temples then.

OP

Badnam agar hongay
to kiya naam na ho ga :D

Sorry I am feeling too lazy to translate and do justice with this.

Anyone else willing to translate.

Back
Top Bottom