What's new

Why this Focus on Rapes in India by World Media

When the jews were being prosecuted during 40's, it was the Christians of West Europe who were sailing them to Sweden risking their own lives like hell. So by this logic, Christianity too becomes truly accommodating to all.

Well they were being prosecuted in the first place based on religious beliefs and persecution was institutionalized. That has not happened in Hindu India.

Well they were being prosecuted in the first place based on religious beliefs and persecution was institutionalized. That has not happened in Hindu India.

Oh!! Yes, I forgot that how Jews were being segregated in Europe since the beginning of this history. But how "Hindu" India was performing better? How did we treat the Shudras the so called "service" class formed out of the legs of Brahma? Don't you think it's an insult to an enormous degree to condemn them to the lowest? Isn't this segregation is just a refined form of persecution in garb of religious beliefs? Why the hell should the service class stick to some way of life which does not treat them at all on equal basis?

As I said, trying to find out an religious angle in this issue is of no help. More we stick to more logical reasons more good for all of us.

Oh!! Yes, I forgot that how Jews were being segregated in Europe since the beginning of this history. But how "Hindu" India was performing better? How did we treat the Shudras the so called "service" class formed out of the legs of Brahma? Isn't this segregation is just a refined form of persecution in garb of religious beliefs? Why the hell should the service class stick to some way of life which does not treat them at all on equal basis?

Shudra classes were not segregated on religious beliefs. Being born off the leg of Brahma is no insult considering that every part of Brahma is divine. What was segregation was born of social issues. A traveling salesman, a forest dweller, a transient population were kept out of the village due to hygiene issues to prevent communicable diseases like plague. Similar to how we fold our hands in Namaste and not hug and kiss strangers on greeting them. Contorting it as religious issues was something done by the Brits and then the commies.

Negative news about India , China , Pakistan and the like reinforces prejudices and stereotypes about these cultures and makes Westerners feel better about themselves.

Depressed Westerners particularly like such news because it makes them feel , "oh great at least I have it better than them". They lap such news right up.

Shudra classes were not segregated on religious beliefs. Being born off the leg of Brahma is no insult considering that every part of Brahma is divine. What was segregation was born of social issues. A traveling salesman, a forest dweller, a transient population were kept out of the village due to hygiene issues to prevent communicable diseases like plague. Similar to how we fold our hands in Namaste and not hug and kiss strangers on greeting them. Contorting it as religious issues was something done by the Brits and then the commies.

Post a valid link of what you said and also it will be great if you explain why Dalits and non-Hindus have been barred to enter in various temples all over India if everybody is part of divine Brahma if we stick to the philosophies.Is that based on health factors too?

Interesting story by a British lady in the comments section. Says it all really-

Adriana · January 28, 2014 - 5:13 am · Reply
This reminds me of a conversation from a couple of weeks back. I was planning to visit India with a friend. But my aunt convinced us that India is unsafe. She recommended Spain instead. When we turned to Google, this story turned up – [British tourist, 31, brutally gang-raped metres from Spanish holiday apartment](British tourist, 31, brutally gang-raped metres from Spanish holiday apartment by 'three men including 70-year-old' | Mail Online).

A couple of searches later, we found the [British Behavior Abroad](https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ur_Abroad_report_2012-13_UPDATED_15_08_13.pdf) report for 2013. It says that 31 British tourists were raped in Spain last year. Another 39 were sexually assaulted! We’re talking about the tourists of just one nationality. And we’re talking about a single year! For India, it was 0 rapes and 1 sexual assault (the notorious case of the woman who jumped from her hotel window to escape a sexual assault). There is no under-reporting because these figures are from reports to British embassy, not Indian police.

That said, I’ve heard from some Indian acquaintances that India IS more unsafe than most of America and Europe (including Spain). We’re visiting Seychelles this Feb!

Post a valid link of what you said and also it will be great if you explain why Dalits and non-Hindus have been barred to enter in various temples all over India if everybody is part of divine Brahma if we stick to the philosophies

There is enough write up from various scholars who traveled to India that there was no slavery and no such thing as untouchables.

Megasthenes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No lower castes were barred from entering temples before invasions. If anything when Brahmins were mass slaughtered and the society was in disarray and these practices were born, there were huge counter revolution movements formed. Entire Bhakti movements was formed on those.

If anything the foundation of Hindu philosophical thought is "man is divine." Everything, everybody is divine including the animate and nonanimate.

Negative news about India , China , Pakistan and the like reinforces prejudices and stereotypes about these cultures and makes Westerners feel better about themselves.
Depressed Westerners particularly like such news because it makes them feel , "oh great at least I have it better than them". They lap such news right up.

It goes much beyond that providing comforting thoughts to the home population. Nothing is done ever so naively.

There is enough write up from various scholars who traveled to India that there was no slavery and no such thing as untouchables.

Megasthenes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No lower castes were barred from entering temples before invasions. If anything when Brahmins were mass slaughtered and the society was in disarray and these practices were born, there were huge counter revolution movements formed. Entire Bhakti movements was formed on those.

Megasthenes? Ha ha, how is that relevant when his account has been interpolated by several others and scholars do have been skeptic about the extent of his travel areas? Let's not divert to that part, it won't help.

I am not talking about what happened in 1000 years ago. I am talking about what is happening in 21st Century with well enough documented proof that it had been continuing for the last five hundred years without any hindrance.

Given the strength of our Polity, I'm actually happy that awareness has been raised over the heinous crime that Rape is. Our Government has not cracked down upon those who churn out news reports on every incident of Rape, but has rather chosen to strengthen the Laws and prosecution against Rapists. A good development in my opinion.

Once the rate of such incidents drop down, those who still write on the topic and single out India for special scrutiny will be mocked anyway.

non-Hindus have been barred to enter in various temples all over India

There is a valid reason non-Hindus were barred. First they had no benevolent disposition towards idol worshippers. They had contempt for the stone figurines in the temple. And temples being spiritual places and not touristic spots, it makes sense to keep out people have contempt towards it. Next, foreigners were given access to Hindu temples and literature in the initial phase. That resulted in diamonds and other jewelry getting stolen. Non-Hindus only interest was in looting and proving how primitive and depraved Hindus are.

EXACTLY right.

The Westerners just do it to make themselves feel better, and to reinforce what they already believe. It's called confirmation bias, which occurs in the subconscious mind.

And very often, it is entirely illogical.

Same as how they outsource their manufacturing to us, and complain about our pollution! Even though that pollution was created in order to fulfill THEIR manufacturing contracts for THEIR goods!

Or with rapes in India, even though India's per capita rapes are low compared to most of the world. Doesn't matter if it is logical or not.

I am not talking about what happened in 1000 years ago. I am talking about what is happening in 21st Century with well enough documented proof that it had been continuing for the last five hundred years without any hindrance.

What is happening in 21st century is that all shudras as allowed in every temple in India. Discrimination on the basis of caste has been outlawed. There is affirmative action going on to bring up those who had socially imposed disabilities.

EXACTLY right.
The Westerners just do it to make themselves feel better, and to reinforce what they already believe. It's called confirmation bias, which occurs in the subconscious mind.
And very often, it is entirely illogical.
Same as how they outsource their manufacturing to us, and complain about our pollution! Even though that pollution was created in order to fulfill THEIR manufacturing contracts for THEIR goods!
Or with rapes in India, even though India's per capita rapes are low compared to most of the world. Doesn't matter if it is logical or not.

This is something our in-house English lallus won't get. I sometimes read your view points and get that you understand Indians better than Indian do. Wanted to thank you many times before.

You are talking about a society under assault. A society which was being razed to ground with all its intellectuals being killed.

Last edited:
Wtf hindus defending caste system and treatment of dalits and shudras. Hermoine brother remind me of Zaravan brother.

To Hell with westerners . with a falling economy and a tumbling unemployment ..they have to do something to keep theri citizens happy....

Wtf hindus defending caste system and treatment of dalits and shudras. Hermoine brother remind me of Zaravan brother

No one is defending bad practices. What I am setting straight is the distortions that happened due to some very vested interests. You think I will defend treating a person as untouchable now? Or even give credit to people for practicing untouchability before?

Back
Top Bottom