What's new

Why they hate China

Salim,

1904 British troops under Colonel Younghusband enter Tibet & occupy Lhasa.
1910-12 A Qing army led by General Zhao Erfeng invades and occupies Tibet.

Nice wording you put in there, quit your hypocrisy!:devil:

Yup! Well caught.

That is their true face.

But the editor/compiler's intention is malicious.

Intention is based on perception but facts remains the same .
Same Fact can be used to suggest or propagate any perception or purpose .
and the Fact is that China and UK both Invaded Tibet .

is that why india doesn't hold a plebiscite? is that why most kashmiri's are protesting for their right of self-determination? india lost out to the hearts of kashmiri's long time ago, they want to be independent

Bollocks of an argument, I think you are more willing to fight for Kashmir then Indian Kashmiris are, after so many years of supporting insurgency and after two planned invasions did you get the support of the local, they just let you down. Period

Salim,
my friend, I was really surprised by the way you think, about anything.
It seems that, or at least you make it seems that, you know history very well. About Tibet, and even The TianAnMen square.
But there's a very important question, do you my sir know how can a country, especially China this so large country, get development and performs well through its history??
You may viewed many details about china's history, and you may know the diference between those time and now!
Assume , your country ,Pakistan is always invaded and intervened by others, you land are alway being attacked and in danger (it is the very fact, yes?), you have the right to CHOOSE?
Chinese know that China must be strong, or will be insulted, so it will not allow any depart and riot. TianAnMen square, a riot managed by few person with special political motivation and acted by many cheated student, is harming the nation's development, the basic interests of the whole china. IT should be Suppressed!
IT is necessary loss CONCERNING THE WHOLE HISTORY!
Get some knowledge about the whole situation , be reponsible for your whole nation's interest!!
You are such a poor person of a small country!
Pakistan is a great country, friend of china!!

Yup! Well caught.

That is their true face.

Unlike you, if there is a mistake, we are man enough to agree and rectify it!

What do you expect us to do?

Be brazen faced and hang on to factual inaccuracies like you do?

is that why india doesn't hold a plebiscite? is that why most kashmiri's are protesting for their right of self-determination? india lost out to the hearts of kashmiri's long time ago, they want to be independent

Apparently, you are not aware of the Plebiscite conditions.

Indeed, they want independence. Those that are in Pakistan held Kashmir?

Is public protest allowed in China? If not how are you so sure?

Tienanmen Square.

Heard of it?

It was seen by foreigners and foreign journalists and so could not be hidden.

How are you so sure that there are no protests that are not there in China?

Does a totalitarian regime allow free press?

If there are no protests in China, how come the foreign journalist and tourists are not allowed any more in Tibet? What about Xinjiang?

Even if they are trying to control the Tibetans, if they are doing it as per rules and without repression and brutality, why feel scared to allow foreign journalists and tourists?

Obviously it is not being done in a humane way.

If the US has double standards, they why take their help?

First of all what protest are you talking about, chinese people are so busy in progressing, they merely have time to protest.
And so much for the foreign media that you are talking about. Its actually better if they are banned from enterning tibet why because all they were to do was to just spread fire. Now you guys(India) seems to very much fond of the west these days, we can understand why, But that does not make the western biased media free. Remember when they started to pose pakistan's nuclear programe as their so called threat and pakistan being the most dangerous nation in the world even more then iraq. My Foot. Western media is known to distort the facts and that is exactly what they are doing at the moment, so very rightly banned from Tibet.

Apparently, you are not aware of the Plebiscite conditions.

Indeed, they want independence. Those that are in Pakistan held Kashmir?

And indeed when pakistan talked about kashmir, it meant both.

First of all what protest are you talking about, chinese people are so busy in progressing, they merely have time to protest.

same can be said of any country doing well...
Even Pakistan was doing well inspite of all the troubles yet suicide bombings also do take place.
India is doing well but India is also a victim of terrorism.
Looking at the income inequality and difference in development and population movement control of China, A lot of people are pretty idle too...

And so much for the foreign media that you are talking about. Its actually better if they are banned from enterning tibet why because all they were to do was to just spread fire.

I find it strange that you would say such a thing?
What would your reaction be if foreign journalists stop reporting from Kashmir and Palestine?
India (and Pak) were victims of colonial rule and since Pak so passionately fights for the cause of Kashmiris, Palestinians, Chechens and Albanians?, it behoveth Pakistanis to support Tibetans and Uighyurs too.. or is it when it comes to China all fundamentals go out the window?

I am surprised that Indian govt is not playing a more proactive role!! Never had a spine always trying to be too proper, too correct..

Now you guys(India) seems to very much fond of the west these days, we can understand why,

Indians were always fond of the west!! but nowadays many are coming back..

But that does not make the western biased media free.

Being biased and free are two different things..

Remember when they started to pose pakistan's nuclear programe as their so called threat and pakistan being the most dangerous nation in the world even more then iraq. My Foot.

The newspiece if I remember correctly meant that Pak is the most dangerous nation because of its nukes.. Paper doesn't say you will be shot in the streets like Iraq but yeah nukes in an at the time destabilised state like Pak made it the most dangerous place.

Western media is known to distort the facts and that is exactly what they are doing at the moment, so very rightly banned from Tibet.

All media distort facts you just have to rely on the ones with credibility...
and banning media is never the solution is it?
Will people ban Muslim scholars because some make misinterpretations of their religion?

People are happy about? and how sir can you say that, when nearly three genrations have never tasted freedon in order for them to compare in the first place. I ask you again, ommunism is a form of economic and political policy, if the communists there are so proud let them get elected and then implement the policies.

How do i know? read the chinese history, when people were not happy, were suppressed by the feudal lords, then again by the britishers, how the revolution took place and how the people supported it that changed the face of china. Three generations you say, believe me if three generations werent happy, we might have seen another of what we saw back in the days.

Ask any Chinese here? No, thanx I dont prefer the view of those internet fanboys, I respect you opinion more then them because you are trained to think freely and thy are not.

And why not! they are from china, who better could tell then they. Besides not all are internet fanboys. They have creditability.

They preach the world and follow double standards and are doing it in their interest, just like it is in Pakistans interest not ot have Karzai in power.
Communism has not brought them where they are, it is the free market capitalism that has bought them to where they are now, a free market capitalism, something set by the western free world. Rea about their seconomic conditions bfore and after Deng Xiopeng.

Communisim was there what started it all, as the time went on, they started to learn more and more ways to progress. ANd yes like i said before double standards are shown, you guys actually is favouring it dispite of the fact that you know it very well. US doesnt give a **** about the human rights, all it wants is to bring china in a conflict to stop the massive development that china is getting and may very soon say 10 to 15 years will bring it on par with the US. All they want is to give a bad name to china when olympics are taking place in china. As for human rights it self, remember US itself is the worst human rights absuer in the whole world, from Vietnam to afghanistan and finally iraq. The way they have totured and killed people in all of these countries, there is nothing worse, and so they preaching humanrights to others is nothing more but condemnable.

My friend every country has its faults and every one are not saints to accept that. What I men here was if US is so bad and if so many of you are affected by it then why dont you boycott the standrds they gave to the world, be it culturally, politically ,economically , scientifically. Why do you allow them to ride on you, what stopped you from becomig like them.

It was a mistake when we decided to go to US instead of russia. Then again we had no choice but to get in cooperation with the US during the soviet afghan war. HOwever that was a mutual interest then that we shared but as for now things are changing, Musharraf government distanced it self from the US and so we started to hear all this nonsense about democracy, building institutions, and what not, the pressure to hold elections. However the US plan backfired and now they seem even more worried then before. The new government is a colation government and there isnt much they would be able to unlike what US wants them too. The FRO or maybe its FCO i'm not sure its r or c anyways but has already being lifted up from the tribal area and the tailban have announced they are stoping all activities within pakistan. Where is the US now? We will stop them this time and for good. They have already done enough damage to the whole world in the name of WOT.

Ahead of what exactly, mere numbers i guess. We may be slow because we started off a good decade late in reforming, yet our China does not come close to our microeconomic institutins, we are buliding institutions that last and building brands, we have a very strong internal market better than China and are not merely growing based on outsourced exports but building instituions and businesses that export with their own brands.

Now i wouldnt say merely numbers, they are ahead in every field, obiviously its the numbes after all that we look at, otherwise how would have you stated that china is behind the US?

You tend to grossly underestimate the power of US and its achievements, China may accumulate dollars and may lead exports but it will take them pretty long time to catch up with US let alone building institutions and business like them.

I am in noway underestimating the power of the US, however the fact that you are neglecting here is that numbers are catching up very fast and this is what has really upset the US. And as for the economy, there is a term called nuclear blackmailing now that is not what you think it is, consider this what happens if china decides to change its reserves from dollar to say euro? I'll let you figure the answer to that.

The worl says so. If the peole are happy allow them to chart their destiny rather then CCP telling them what o do.

Not the world. Its US the primarily while india joining the league. Just yesterday europe has dismissed the call for boycotting the oylumpics ceremony by the human rights orgainsations.:bounce:

same can be said of any country doing well...
Even Pakistan was doing well inspite of all the troubles yet suicide bombings also do take place.
India is doing well but India is also a victim of terrorism.
Looking at the income inequality and difference in development and population movement control of China, A lot of people are pretty idle too...

Idle too for what? Pakistan doing well is not the case,people of pakistan were protesting, each day we would something new, be it the lawyers or the political parties,when is the last time you head something of this sort in china. And its not because there is communsim and so people dont speak, its beacause they are happy with the system.

I find it strange that you would say such a thing?
What would your reaction be if foreign journalists stop reporting from Kashmir and Palestine?
India (and Pak) were victims of colonial rule and since Pak so passionately fights for the cause of Kashmiris, Palestinians, Chechens and Albanians?, it behoveth Pakistanis to support Tibetans and Uighyurs too.. or is it when it comes to China all fundamentals go out the window?

What reaction? They have already stoped doing so. And palestine by the way is always shown as an aggressor and terrorist when is comes to israel. So what exaclty are you stating here. And when did we fight for the chechens, i think you are suffering from a shortage of memory, the pakistan president made i very clear during his visit to russia that chechnya is an internal matter of russia. What about Albanians? Kashmir is an altogether different story, its a disputed terrority and a UN resolution is already in place which by the way India is denying altogether.

I am surprised that Indian govt is not playing a more proactive role!! Never had a spine always trying to be too proper, too correct..

Perhaps they should attack and liberate it from the chinese suppression just like they liberated Bangladesh:disagree:

Indians were always fond of the west!! but nowadays many are coming back..

Difference between indians and india, i said india is fond of west these days not indians.

Being biased and free are two different things..

And how do you expect a biased media to be free?

The newspiece if I remember correctly meant that Pak is the most dangerous nation because of its nukes.. Paper doesn't say you will be shot in the streets like Iraq but yeah nukes in an at the time destabilised state like Pak made it the most dangerous place.

Not only nukes but AQ getting safe heavens into pakistan's tribal area, a extremist government getting into the government, army having soft corners for the militants and what not.:angry:

when is the last time you head something of this sort in china.

Chinese are not allowed to protest....

And its not because there is communsim and so people dont speak, its beacause they are happy with the system.

Happy with the system? Ignorance is bliss.. Do you believe Communist China to be Utopian Land? They are spoonfed information... If Communism is a happy system why are they following Capitalism? Is practising your religion a crime?

North Koreans are happier than Chinese even... I have never heard of a protest from North Korea...

What reaction? They have already stoped doing so. And palestine by the way is always shown as an aggressor and terrorist when is comes to israel. So what exaclty are you stating here. And when did we fight for the chechens, i think you are suffering from a shortage of memory, the pakistan president made i very clear during his visit to russia that chechnya is an internal matter of russia. What about Albanians? Kashmir is an altogether different story, its a disputed terrority and a UN resolution is already in place which by the way India is denying altogether.

I was talking not from an official POV but people POV..
I can't imagine that Pakistanis don't support Chechens, the Bosnians/Albanians, Palestinians, Kashmiris but when it comes to the question of old friend China all support goes out the window!

[quotePerhaps they should attack and liberate it from the chinese suppression just like they liberated Bangladesh:disagree:[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, didn't Pak initiate the attack?
And yes there was a time when India should/could have done something about Tibet!!

Difference between indians and india, i said india is fond of west these days not indians.

Why shouldn't it be? In an increasingly Globalised world it pays to be friendly with all..

And how do you expect a biased media to be free?

the cartoonists were biased against Muslims were they free to print their cartoons??

Not only nukes but AQ getting safe heavens into pakistan's tribal area, a extremist government getting into the government, army having soft corners for the militants and what not.:angry:

All things which have at least some semblance of truth!!

Chinese are not allowed to protest....

According to who?

Happy with the system? Ignorance is bliss.. Do you believe Communist China to be Utopian Land? They are spoonfed information... If Communism is a happy system why are they following Capitalism? Is practising your religion a crime?

North Koreans are happier than Chinese even... I have never heard of a protest from North Korea...

NortKorea is more like a kingship then communism, a hell of a differece of between the two countries and the living standards of both.

I was talking not from an official POV but people POV..
I can't imagine that Pakistanis don't support Chechens, the Bosnians/Albanians, Palestinians, Kashmiris but when it comes to the question of old friend China all support goes out the window!

And how did you know people's POV? Did anyone here from the pakistani side said we support Chechnyia? Did you hear a statement about Bosnia from our side? Yes we support both kashmir and palestine. And whne it comes to china not support but all western BS goes out of the window.

Correct me if I am wrong, didn't Pak initiate the attack?
And yes there was a time when India should/could have done something about Tibet!!

Correct me if wrong wasnt it india who was openly supporting the mukibinnas gurellias, wasnt indra gandi preparing for an all out war with pakistan?

Why shouldn't it be? In an increasingly Globalised world it pays to be friendly with all..

Only friends which serve best interests. Globalised rather biased western world i would say.

the cartoonists were biased against Muslims were they free to print their cartoons??

They werent even considerd biased at the first place.

All things which have at least some semblance of truth!!

Ohh really! too much of BBC and CNN and timesweek is bad for the health. What happens to your facts when it comes down to pakistan? Do we have an extremist government? Is our the nuclear weapons faliing into the wrong hands or in the hands of extremists?, have the army not paid the cost for this WOT? Reality check for you, we lost more number of soilders then any other country and we captured more number of top AQ terrorist then any country ever did. We made the UK terror plot unsuccessfull. I'm sure you have never ever heard of this from any western media and i dont have to give you a reason for that. Still you want us to have some believe in it when they say Tibet is being suppressed. Give me a break here.

And so much for the foreign media that you are talking about. Its actually better if they are banned from enterning tibet why because all they were to do was to just spread fire. Now you guys(India) seems to very much fond of the west these days, we can understand why, But that does not make the western biased media free. Remember when they started to pose pakistan's nuclear programe as their so called threat and pakistan being the most dangerous nation in the world even more then iraq. My Foot. Western media is known to distort the facts and that is exactly what they are doing at the moment, so very rightly banned from Tibet.

Interesting point on the protest that you raised.

If Pakistan was a totalitarian regime and foreigners and international journalists were not allowed or the media was State controlled, as in China, then none would know about the Lal Mazjid, sectarian violence, Balochistan or FATA. Pakistan would appear to be a great place.

But then Pakistan is not a totalitarian regime and is instead a democracy.

Well, you cannot deny that the Western media does not bring out the problems of their country. In fact, it is their media that has gone hammer and tongs against Bush and the Iraq War and exposed the faults. Can't say the same about China. Can you show any reports from China that criticise the govt policy? Any report from China about the horrors of the Cultural Revolution or about Tibet or Xinjiang? All they report is what achievements!

The problems of NWFP, FATA and Balochistan is being reported by the Pakistan media. Has or was the Pakistan media banned when the terrorists were in full cry and the Pakistan Army was sorting them out quite roughly? Do you think that the Chinese media would report that the Army surrendered to the terrorists without firing a shot? The Pakistan media did.

The media is no angel. There is no doubt about that. We know the wrongs in India and Pakistan because of our free media. That is why the Chinese can showcase these. But, because their media is state controlled and international journalists cannot move free or go where they like, none knows what is going on there and so they can claim to smell of roses.

Yet, when there was the Tienammen Square or the Falun Gong, they could not put a lid on it and the world knew of the atrocities.

If the western media is that bad and should be banned, why is it not being banned in Pakistan since you say that they are not reporting honestly the issues of Pakistan?

When Pakistan does not ban the media or prevents journalists to report, it is surprising that you advocate and root for a media ban?

Back
Top Bottom