What's new

Why the creation of Pakistan does not negate my Indian identity

between Pakistan and Bangladesh/Eastern india.
Very true. Distance from Turkish-Pak border 1,100 miles. Distance from Pak-Banga border 1,000 miles.

iran-map.jpg

The author considers himself as an Indian not in political sense, but as an inheritor of a transcending religious, historical and cultural commonality of the subcontinent. In no way, he is rejecting his Pakistani identify or accepting an Indian identity that is just seventy years old. But alas, if trolls from both sides could have understood this a bit of bandwidth would have been spared from being wasted.

That's exactly my point.

There is nothing they can do to help you when the chips are down. If Iran is not on board.

Cheers, Doc

???????????...........they have already done a lot for us in terms of building schools and hospitals in Pakistan amongst many other things. They also help us immensely when we suffer natural disasters. An indian can never understand the bond of brotherhood Pakistanis have with the Turks and Chinese. Just as I can never ever understand an indian.

There is also the Turkey-Iran-Pakistan rail service:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....n-to-resume-container-train-service-to-Turkey

Very true. Distance from Turkish-Pak border 1,100 miles. Distance from Pak-Banga border 1,000 miles.

iran-map.jpg

Bro, it may surprise you but us Pakistanis gave far more in common with South Eastern Turks than we do with indians or bengalis.

The author considers himself as an Indian not in political sense, but as an inheritor of a transcending religious, historical and cultural commonality of the subcontinent. In no way, he is rejecting his Pakistani identify or accepting an Indian identity that is just seventy years old. But alas, if trolls from both sides could have understood this a bit of bandwidth would have been spared from being wasted.

I suspect bandwidth and trolls have a symbiotic relationship on most active forums that are not funded in perpetuity by deep pockets.

No idea about PDF in specific though.

Cheers, Doc

They can stay in their confused state all their miserable lives, I care less. My problem is with the establishment/deep state of Pakistan. I mean, why the fuk, these libturds are allowed to express their filthy ideas on the Pakistani media? You read DAWN these days, the title of the editorials and opinions gives impression as if Pakistan is a failed state , at a time when nation is celebrating its independence. There are no checks and balances in media and deep state is no where to be seen. How hard it is to tell the bosses of the media houses to shape up or else face the consequences.

Lol......Bro, he's probably been drinking heavily........lol.......lol......:lol:

That's all it is.......:lol:

???????????...........they have already done a lot for us in terms of building schools and hospitals in Pakistan amongst many other things. They also help us immensely when we suffer natural disasters. An indian can never understand the bond of brotherhood Pakistanis have with the Turks and Chinese. Just as I can never ever understand an indian.

There is also the Turkey-Iran-Pakistan rail service:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....n-to-resume-container-train-service-to-Turkey

Bro, it may surprise you but us Pakistanis gave far more in common with South Eastern Turks than we do with indians or bengalis.

You have a lot in common with Turks.

But not with Indians and Iranians and Afghans who live bordering you.

And have been bordering the political boundaries of your nation state for millennia.

A nation state that's part of one and the other half the other.

Was this thread about identity polemics?

Must be coincidental ....

Cheers, Doc

The author considers himself as an Indian not in political sense, but as an inheritor of a transcending religious and cultural commonality of the subcontinent. In no way, he is rejecting his Pakistani identify or accepting an Indian identity that is just seventy years old.
I think most of us will agree with that. All humans have local, sub-regional, regional, national, transnational and international inheritance. When I meet a Eskimo I recognize the essential human connect I have with him. The degree of "connect" or amount of shared inheritance varies by the differant levels of categories you might choose. For a example a Syleti Bangla has far more connection with another Syleti Bangla then with a Bangla from Kolkata. Of course both Banglas share more with each other than with a Sikh from Amritsar. The Sikh, Bangla from Kolkata, Bangla from Sylet all share more with which other then a German. So this is a relative and moving scale. No suprises here. In UK a Afghan, a Pakistani, a Indian etc are all "Asians".

So non of what the OP says it surprising but what I don't like is the way he is using what is obvious to get his a*ss polished by Indians. Dawn loves doing this and I think it is simply kowtowing to Indian readers who boost it's website its. If he genuinely wanted to explore this subject he could have celebrated South Asia as a region. He could have said "I am a South Asian Pakistan" and I don't think anybody would have a issue with that. It is his deliberate and calculated use of the term "India" which in 2017 does not carry the same neutal meaning as in 1937 that I find repugnent. He is like I said tried to polish his a*ss with Hindu dikk. And that is exactly what he got.

And I bet Dawns editorial must have got 100 milllion hits from across the border on their website. This guy is just doing a 'Tarik Fateh'. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You have a lot in common with Turks.

But not with Indians and Iranians and Afghans who live bordering you.

And have been bordering the political boundaries of your nation state for millennia.

A nation state that's part of one and the other half the other.

Was this thread about identity polemics?

Must be coincidental ....

Cheers, Doc

Turks are Muslims, so are we. South East Turks are similar to Pakistanis via the Ummayad and Safavid empires. Yes Pakistanis do have a lot in common with Iranians and Afghans. That's the truth and I would admit to that. indians, hardly any. Which is why Pakistan was created. There is no identity crises here. Pakistan exists and I call myself Pakistani. The identity crises you talk about is an indian propaganda invention.

Turks are Muslims, so are we. South East Turks are similar to Pakistanis via the Ummayad and Safavid empires. Yes Pakistanis do have a lot in common with Iranians and Afghans. That's the truth and I would admit to that. indians, hardly any. Which is why Pakistan was created. There is no identity crises here. Pakistan exists and I call myself Pakistani. The identity crises you talk about is an indian propaganda invention.

You are either the sons or daughters of Hindu, Buddhist, or Zoroastrian converts.

Fact.

The guys who did the converting were Turk and Persian. In the main. The Arabs raided and went.

Fact.

If that is your "identity", so be it.

Cheers, Doc

You are either the sons or daughters of Hindu, Buddhist, or Zoroastrian converts.

Fact.

The guys who did the converting were Turk and Persian. In the main. The Arabs raided and went.

Fact.

If that is your "identity", so be it.

Cheers, Doc

One problem with what you say. Modern day Pakistanis bare no physical resemblence to mdern day hindus, buddhists etc. That's another indian myth that has no factual basis.

@padamchen Kurdish Turks are very similar to us. Indeed Baloch/Pashto are very similar to Kurdish.

Baloch and Pashtun are not Indic.

Punjabi and Sindhi are not Iranic.

Cheers, Doc

One problem with what you say. Modern day Pakistanis bare no physical resemblence to mdern day hindus, buddhists etc. That's another indian myth that has no factual basis.

North Indians bear no resemblance to South Indians.

Fact.

North East Indians bear no resemblance to any south Asian.

Fact.

I need to understand your point of conflating ethnicity, race and nationhood.

Cheers, Doc

I think most of us will agree with that. All humans have local, sub-regional, regional, national, transnational and international inheritance. When I meet a Eskimo I recognize the essential human connect I have with him. The degree of "connect" or amount of shared inheritance varies by the differant levels of categories you might choose. For a example a Syleti Bangla has far more connection with another Syleti Bangla then with a Bangla from Kolkata. Of course both Banglas share more with each other than with a Sikh from Amritsar. The Sikh, Bangla from Kolkata, Bangla from Sylet all share more with which other then a German. So this is a relative and moving scale. No suprises here. In UK a Afghan, a Pakistani, a Indian etc are all "Asians".

So non of what the OP says it surprising but what I don't like is the way he is using what is obvious to get his a*ss polished by Indians. Dawn loves doing this and I think it is simply kowtowing to Indian readers who boost it's website its. If he genuinely wanted to explore this subject he could have celebrated South Asia as a region. He could have said "I am a South Asian Pakistan" and I don't think anybody would have a issue with that. It is his deliberate and calculated use of the term "India" which in 2017 does not carry the same neutal meaning as in 1937 that I find repugnent. He is like I said tried to polish his a*ss with Hindu dikk. And that is exactly what he got.

And I bet Dawns editorial must have got 100 milllion hits from across the border on their website. This guy is just doing a 'Tarik Fateh'. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Bro I have to diasgree with you. I have come across many a dark-skinned turbaned indian sikhs who claim they are just as English and European as White English people are :lol:

Last edited:
Buddhist, or Zoroastrian converts.Fact.
The guys who did the converting were Turk and Persian.
Being "Hindu" is a vey loose term. As much as being a Christian is a loose term. A Filipino is Christian. So is a Jamaican. So is a French etc. Therefore if your implying that some of our ancestors followd something that had shared features with what you call Hindu you would be right but if you think that made them like Kolkata or Chennai residents you are badly mistaken.

And as regards conversion everybody was something before they were the 'thing' and you should know that. Nothing ever has been same since eternity. Persians themselves were Zoroastrian before converting to Islam and before that somethig else. Therefore stating the obvious is doing nothing here.

Indeed most Indians were aboriginal animists before following Hindusim which came from our part of the world as a Vedic culture and moved into the Ganges basin and which over the succeeding millenia has evolved into what you today call Hinduism.

Baloch and Pashtun are not Indic.

Punjabi and Sindhi are not Iranic.

Cheers, Doc

North Indians bear no resemblance to South Indians.

Fact.

North East Indians bear no resemblance to any south Asian.

Fact.

I need to understand your point of conflating ethnicity, race and nationhood.

Cheers, Doc

Whatever indians are or are not, one thing is for certain, they have no similarities with Pakistanis.

Back
Top Bottom