What's new

Why Rafale is a Big Mistake

9 likes goes to shows how desperate this bharatraksaw herd is about me. even my fart will haunt them. :lol:
The reason why I said France is a important nation from Europe for Pakistan in term of offensive Military equipment is because Pakistan will need approval from not just one nation (France) to finalize the deal but from Britian Spain Germany and Italy! Historically Pakistan has had more success with France acquiring offensive military equipment then any of the Euro fighter developer nations combined!.
Like I have said before, my fart makes more sense then entire bharatraksaw herd's intelligence combined so try hard next time.
so stop farting,u may like a pungent smell,others definitely dont..

We have discounted the Russian option FOR MMRCA as we dont want to be totally dependant on them.
We have discounted the USA due to threat of sanctions in a war with China or Pakistan.
We have to discount the TYPHOON as it will cost even more than Rafale
THAT LEAVES 2 OPTIONS

STOP GAP MMRCA until 2022 WHEN pak fa arrives .

Additional used Mirgaes from Qatar or UAE

Or

Speed up Tejas MK2 & ADDITIONAL Flankers

I say stick with MMRCA/Rafale dam the cost

Why Rafale, its better than F-22 also....:angel:

F-22 is irrelevant. F-22 will never see combat throughout its career. Heck, F-22 production was terminated way back in 2009 and the US air force only has 178 of them.

F-22 is irrelevant. F-22 will never see combat throughout its career. Heck, F-22 production was terminated way back in 2009 and the US air force only has 178 of them.

f 22 has a high probability of seeing combat than Rafale as US has high probability of going to war than France

f 22 has a high probability of seeing combat than Rafale as US has high probability of going to war than France

Nop. The US public will have none of it. Any US president who goes to war will be impeached. After Iraq and Afghanistan, the US has turned inward just like the native Americans did.

The more that I read about this deal, the more I tend to believe that this is a very costly, foolish mistake. Replacing single engine fighters with these a/c are never ever going to make sense. We needed to stick only with the Gripen & the F-16 for that. The cheaper one (probably the F-16) would have made the cut and we could have filled in the numbers. It would still have been a platform better than anything the Pakistanis would have and better than most of the basic chinese fighters. We should have, if necessary, supplemented it with about 40-60 (no more at the present) of either the Rafale or the Super Hornet (my preference for the American - cheaper on every scale, including bombs & missiles & with a more mature AESA) immediately with a direct purchase. That makes far more sense to me than this absolutely crazy deal. However good the Rafale is, this deal stopped making sense quite some time ago. We are committing economic harakiri here.

The F-16s were never in the reckoning. IAF would be clearly uncomfortable with an aircraft which it's adversaries had decades of experience flying while it was yet to pick up the basics.

A PAF pilot's innate understanding of the F-16s flight envelope and it's behaviour when put through it's paces would be a very obvious advantage for at least half a decade or more after their induction in the IAF. In that time, there would be no second guesses over who would win a dog-fight between the two F-16s.

120 Su-30s would be much much better than the Rafale, it is too little too late to act out onto it.

The F-16s were never in the reckoning. IAF would be clearly uncomfortable with an aircraft which it's adversaries had decades of experience flying while it was yet to pick up the basics.

A PAF pilot's innate understanding of the F-16s flight envelope and it's behaviour when put through it's paces would be a very obvious advantage for at least half a decade or more after their induction in the IAF. In that time, there would be no second guesses over who would win a dog-fight between the two F-16s.

Too simplistic. The newer versions that the IAF might have got would be infinitely superior to anything the Pakistanis had. In any case, the point here is about the price & numbers that might have been inducted. If the IAF didn't want to face the Pakistanis with F-16's, they could choose not to. Plenty of other options available in the inventory, including as I said 40-60 nos. of either the SH or Rafale. My main argument is about the crazy idea of trying to replace single engine fighters with these very expensive to buy & very expensive to run aircraft. The IAF could easily have chosen the Gripen instead if they wanted, though I believe the F-16's would have clearly been the cheaper option. Atleast we would have seen some damn aircrafts instead of still baulking at the deal.

Btw, these whole contract was crazy. How could anyone realistically compare single engined fighters with dual engined ones without taking into consideration, right at the very beginning the one advantage that the lighter fighters would have - the price & cost of operating? Take that away & it becomes meaningless. Price of an aircraft should have been part of the short list tick box, we ended up shortlisting the two most expensive ones. No point in saying that they were better, at that price they better be. Classic example of why the IAF must simply not be allowed to do everything their own way, we will either be bankrupt or be without the aircrafts in question (as we now are) if they have their way.

Last edited:
Buy MIG 35 with 150 crore a piece with full TOT and spend rest of the money for R & D and infrastructure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom