What's new

Why Pakistanis are "Not" Donating big to National Coronavirus Relief Fund?

in this time of crisis if anyone is trying to create frustration in the minds of the public by any means is clearly the enemy of humanity.

Although, Pakistan was the first country in South Asia to get test kits, the total number of tests been carried around 20,000, of which 2071 Cornavirus deaths. Our Chief Doctor Dr Mirza has claimed "suspected" Cornavirus patients in Pakistan to rise to around 15000 through isolating and tracing.

Pakistan also send its aircraft's to China to get medical equipment as fast as possible, with that around 10+ aircrafts in number for N95 masks, PPEs, Surgical equipment and ventilators in Pakistan which are currently sufficient enough. Another welcome sign is Pakistan makes adaptable medicines in house, especially the malaria drugs which has been really useful, along with paracetamol to reduce temperature and in-house test kits. Frankly its about the immune system response to fight of the virus.

Pakistan strategy at the first national Prime Minister TV Conference was incremental lockdown and social distancing. Pakistan was also the first country to send hundreds and thousands of made in Pakistan: Cholorquine, Hydrochrloquine packets to China and recently 300,000 packets to Europe mainly Italy as well as other countries.

Pakistan quickly identified and partially isolated though was a little late, to quarantine 7500 Shia Pakistanis who travelled to Iran for pilgrimage, and those Pakistanis mainly coming from UK, USA, Europe, China, and the Middle-east were isolated on airports.

Though we somehow the virus is inside, but by enlarge Pakistani nation 220 million learnt to stay away from the outbreak by socially distancing and lockdown strategies, am not saying all is safe and any major outbreak can suddenly happen to surge the curve like the recent religious congregation in Raiwand tested 27 positive out of 40. But the trajectory and trend is being controlled with 1000 coronavirus hospital completed in 9 days both in Lahore and Karachi.

And you know Pakistanis are generally tough & strong people anyway. Hope for the best in trying and hard times ahead.

Corona virus has hit hard on the Pockets of Pakistanis and Overseas residents as well. During this time of depression people are uncertain of future and want to hold on to their savings. Everyone i know in australia is jobless right now bcz of coronavirus. I myself was told to take extended leave and my future is very uncertain. I contributed to PTI funds several times but these are difficult times which make a person conscious regarding spending even an extra dollar.

Last edited:
Corona virus has hit hard on the Pockets of Pakistanis and Overseas residents as well. During this time of depression people are uncertain of future and want to hold on to their savings. Everyone i know in australia is jobless right now bcz of coronavirus. I myself was told to take extended leave and my future is very uncertain. I contributed to PTI funds several times but these are difficult times which make a person conscious regarding spending even an extra dollar.

I'm from Chicago and this state is pretty much business dead and job losses increasing greatly. My own younger brother was furloughed he's a athletic trainer and teacher at a High School. Situation is very bad and honestly all governments failed to even develop a contingency plan in-case things like this happen.

My feeling is we could have a very short term recession once we get a hold of this and things become normal -- but those that have lost jobs could be SOL and have to find something else and lots of people working from home would survive some what.

Why Pakistanis are "NOT" donating big to National Covid-19 Coronavirus Relief Fund?

At a time of need, Pakistanis 220 million are not opening their huge pockets and put money and equipment in the COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Fund-2020.

1. In Lahore City, one of the richest cities in Pakistan, with huge number of rich people think the government already Taxes heavily, daily items prices are so expensive, lack of government seriousness, and the habit of Government everytime asking and begging money from the same 220 million Pakistan, who it is looting already.

2. The Army Generals who live in Lahore, Pindi, Islamabad, Peshawar and Karachi, have a massed"Million Dollars" assets, money, farhmouses, land, who are NOT donating anything to the Pakistani Nation, why would anyone else do.

3. The people of Pakistan are already living in extreme hard economic times, where they are already stretched alot.

4. The Army, Navy Airforce must also come forward and donate more.

5. The Government itself is not taking all the relief pressures by itself and its the easiet way to beg for donation whenever a national disaster happens.

6. The National corporate, NDMA, NLC, Hospitals are not providing the relief to the very Pakistani people who donates and pays taxes the most.

Last time we donated for cheap justice dam fund, what happen to that damn fund?
me and my family donated rs one million...now i want that back so that i can help poor people suffering from lock down.

Donor fatigue. Fact is a country needs far more money to run then peoples good nature or charity will extend. If this was not the case no country would have taxes. Just leave charity boxes everywhere and the country could be ran on the donations. This is something PMIK has overlooked when he says Pakistani's like 'giving'. They don't like giving. If they did they would pay taxes.

Ask any member from UK how much we get taxed. By the time the government has squeezed us we are not paricularly keen on dishing more money to charity.

Although, Pakistan was the first country in South Asia to get test kits, the total number of tests been carried around 20,000, of which 2071 Cornavirus deaths. Our Chief Doctor Dr Mirza has claimed "suspected" Cornavirus patients in Pakistan to rise to around 15000 through isolating and tracing.

Pakistan also send its aircraft's to China to get medical equipment as fast as possible, with that around 10+ aircrafts in number for N95 masks, PPEs, Surgical equipment and ventilators in Pakistan which are currently sufficient enough. Another welcome sign is Pakistan makes adaptable medicines in house, especially the malaria drugs which has been really useful, along with paracetamol to reduce temperature and in-house test kits. Frankly its about the immune system response to fight of the virus.

Pakistan strategy at the first national Prime Minister TV Conference was incremental lockdown and social distancing. Pakistan was also the first country to send hundreds and thousands of made in Pakistan: Cholorquine, Hydrochrloquine packets to China and recently 300,000 packets to Europe mainly Italy as well as other countries.

Pakistan quickly identified and partially isolated though was a little late, to quarantine 7500 Shia Pakistanis who travelled to Iran for pilgrimage, and those Pakistanis mainly coming from UK, USA, Europe, China, and the Middle-east were isolated on airports.

Though we somehow the virus is inside, but by enlarge Pakistani nation 220 million learnt to stay away from the outbreak by socially distancing and lockdown strategies, am not saying all is safe and any major outbreak can suddenly happen to surge the curve like the recent religious congregation in Raiwand tested 27 positive out of 40. But the trajectory and trend is being controlled with 1000 coronavirus hospital completed in 9 days both in Lahore and Karachi.

And you know Pakistanis are generally tough & strong people anyway. Hope for the best in trying and hard times ahead.

Thanks for sharing. Pakistan is indeed a resilient nation and one which can survive hardship, proven by our resolve and victory against Indian terrorism/bomb blasts and foreign occupation of Afghanistan/drone strikes.

everyone wants others do this and do that, want this and want that from them or call em corrupt. aren't we such a gentleman to do our part? donate instead of asking others? we would have been a better society.
we must look into our own character, correct ourselves and do not dictate others the lecture of being good human, everything will be alright.
the best we are at to bring politics immediately to even a noble cause and malign it. those who donates will do and would not make a call for it.

Imran Khan himself said it very perfectly when he was standing on that container.

Pakistanis give most kheirat but not taxes. Why? Because the leaders are corrupt.

Imran Khan has proven himself to be a certified liar who breaks every promise, even as small one as visiting parliament every week, he's surrounded by corrupts of PPP that people here say worked for foreign interests, he imported foreign ministers meanwhile banning imports of safe JDM cars. The list is too long.

Wiping my behind with my money is more useful than feeding Imran Khan and his corrupt government. I don't think even a single penny will go to poor, all will be injected to Bani Gala.

If Imran Khan cared for poor, he would have closed the borders and stopped coronavirus from coming to Pakistan in first place. Vietnam did it the moment they heard about outbreak in China. Also where's the IMF 1 billion dollar given for coronavirus?

I wish someone like Edhi foundation or someone reputable and respectable starts a fund. Everyone will donate as much as possible.

Last time we donated for cheap justice dam fund, what happen to that damn fund?
me and my family donated rs one million...now i want that back so that i can help poor people suffering from lock down.

Seriously....You donated million for dam fund?? Mate..i have seen people donate big numbers in social tragic situations...But you must have a great heart to donate millions for Dam buidling which is essentially a Govt job to do...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom