What's new

Why Pakistanis are "Not" Donating big to National Coronavirus Relief Fund?

I know you think nothing of breaking promises because your leader breaks them everyday. But this is what Islam says about promises.

I dont need your preaching, rather try do critical thinking (if you can, and its a big IF) to understand the rational.

That said, I will reiterate once again and try to explain you. Why broken promise, U-turn or back paddling is bad if it is done for the betterment? For instance, that GIDC waiver issue, what makes more sense, role it back (which you will call U-turn) or become stubborn to keep it. Common sense says former - so whats the problem?

Facts speak for themselves. Do you even live in Pakistan? This is a known fact and it's quite irritating for me to tell you things we already know as facts like you're an Indian or someone living in foreign country.

It was all nothing but blabber on what you said about "lifafa" media and why he didnt win in 2013. Doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Try to fabricate a better story next time.
And yes, I do live in Pakistan for 4 months every year in Karachi.

Sorry to burst your bubble but IK isn't a prophet. The 92 world cup was decades ago and there are people who don't give a crap about cricket.

Winning a world cup is also different than running for elections. A lot of people know Shahid Afridi but if he runs for elections, he's not going to win many seats. Nobody knows what Shahid Afridi views are.

Oh bhai, hosh main tu hoo? When did I say he is a prophet. This kinda tantrum you Noora's throw when you have nothing left to say. You said, "Khan wasnt populate enough back then", and I only replied that its a totally wrong claim.

Don't know, don't care. Don't digress.

LOL, a typical response when a Noora supporter patwari's have nothing left to say - busted !!!

I have thrown more evidence than is necessary. If you refuse to believe it, it just means you're a diehard youthiya in full denial mode or in other words a PTI patwari.

NOT EVEN A SINGLE evidence you have give to back your tall claims. This is what exactly you said

What i said is proof enough. When you've a cat as a guardian of milk and you insist on pouring more milk in hopes the cat will not drink it, you're just being stupid. It's very clear that IK is corrupt scumbag who just begs and begs so giving him money is foolish.

What nonsense is this? huh.

Who gives a crap what people do now. Fact is IK kept borders opened. When Iranians were in quarantine, PTI made their favorite people skip quarantine. Zulfi Bukhari is involved in this.

Nonsense one after another. There are many morons on the streets roaming feeling and passing virus on to others but clowns you like think its no big deal. And this is the most ludicrous conspiracy theory I heard so far that "PTI made their favorite people skip quarantine". If true then prove it, but no, biased chucklehead like you are always bent upon badmouthing Khan, carry on, because nobody cares about your rant.

When you've to resort to argumentum ad hominum, it means you've lost the argument.

Read again your posts and you will realize that who has resorted to argumentum ad hominum.

Oh now your memory is working? Earlier this was a lie, now you remember it was a good Uturn?. LOL, that's pretty much your strategy in this whole debate. Call me a liar on facts, when i prove it otherwise then tell me i should be appreciative.

And previous governments rolled back their decisions too. Google yourself.

Oh bhai, are you feeling ok? I concurred you and you still have problem - jeez, get a grip a grip on yourself.

You has prove absolute zilch other than a link, which I have acknowledge.

Not what he promised. 5 million homes not shitty shelter houses. Even Nawaz Sharif had sehat card. Ehsas program is just a waste of taxpayers money. Chickens and eggs? Sheikh Chili k khwab.

Puttar, in which Pakistan do you live? It has been already kicked off.

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...nd-for-20000-housing-units-project-1.70334402

Maybe Nawaz had started, but why dont I see beneficiaries of his sehat card? On contrary, I have seen many beneficiaries of sehat Insaf card.

And as Ehsas program, it is only waste of money for hypocrite patwari's like you but not for those poor who cant afford basic healthcare expenses.

What is a Munafiq?

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are four characteristics, whoever has them all is a pure hypocrite: when he speaks he lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, when he makes a covenant he betrays it, and when he disputes he resorts to obscene speech. Whoever has one of them has one of the characteristics of hypocrisy, until he gives it up.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3178; Muslim, 58.

Imran Khan has all features in abundance. when he speaks, he lies. When he makes promises, he breaks them, when he makes covenants, he breaks them (two divorces), lastly, Imran Khan is known for obscene speech.

By this definition your leaders (Nawaz and Showbazz) and at the highest level of Munafiqat. Now cry me a river !

Saying ghabrana nahi hai while you destroy the livelihood of poor and make life difficult is a definition of oppression.

I am glad you said this. This is the reason its very easy to spot a patwari like you, who repeats the same rhetoric which we get to see on various channels after 10 PM. Khan has destroyed the economy, brought the tsunami to "Mahangi" and has crushed & oppressed the poor - this is very typical Noora's & their Patwari supporters agenda.

Those who supported PTI but not now never blames IK for the economic woes of the country, which has already improved since he is the at helm. The biggest reason for "Mahangi" was that there was almost no money left to run the country, all thanks to your leader Nawaz Ganda, showbazz, Zaradi & Co and many others around them did brutal money laundering with both hands in last 10 years. Pakistan didnt even had enough money to pay interest on the loan it has taken, therefore, as a last resort Govt had to seek IMF's help. But, no, a typical patwari will never ever say this and will continue to spout trash one after another.

I have already done that. There's no honor in kicking dead bodies. As i see, Imran Khan is in power for 2 years in federal and almost 8 in KPK.

What has Imran Khan done in KPK for 8 years and in federal for 2 years? Jackshit.

First and foremost, of curse you will never say a word against your master, your leader. So I can totally understand your sentiment.

As for KPK, my sister-in-law is from KPK, we travel every year, so dont even try to bullshit me on KPK's performance. This is their 2nd term in KPK, if they havent done good in their first term, then there is no way in hell people wouldve re-elected them.

Here are some of the work IK has done in KPK (ongoing and completed projects & accomplishments).

1) Warsak Dam

2) KP Govt Launches E-challan System Under #DigitalPakistan Program

3) KhyberPakhtunkhwa Government is partnering with different organisation to equip the
#Rescue1122 staff with the latest technology and gadgets, to serve the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in far more effective manner

4) Panyala Bridge D.I.Khan Completed

5) Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to add 71MW to national

6) WB approves $171m for agri uplift in KP

7) Rs5.9b plan aims to overcome rising unemployment

8) KP Government Plans to Build 2 Major #IT Parks in #Peshawar and #Abbotabad

9) KP can enhance forestry up to 30pc

10) K-P govt utilises only 27.83% of ADP funds so far

11) KP CM opens industrial estate in Malakand

12) Interest-Free Loans to eliminate unemployment among terrorism and poverty stricken people of tribal districts :: Insaf Rozgaar Scheme to be launched

13) KP govt to utilize Khanpur, Tarbela dams for fish breeding

14) Peshawar Gets Rickshaws Garbage Trucks for lifting the garbage from those areas where large trucks are unable to reach with ease

It's irrelevant in what condition PTI got the government. Every government complains they got the government in bad condition and then makes it worse.

Do you think Quaid e Azam whined like an old lady oh the Hindus and British gave him Pakistan in such a bad condition? No, he worked for the betterment of Pakistan.

All Imran Khan has done since coming to power is whine like an old auntie everyday. He even had the guts to bring in previous governments in this coronavirus outbreak.

Once again, you are proving me correct by repeating what Noora's/Patwari's say day in day out on random shows. "It's irrelevant in what condition PTI got the government."

Mess of 30 years cant be wiped clean in 2/3 years. It will take more than 1 term to do that and we have already seen how rupees got strengthen, economic improvements, increase in tax return and stock market inclined.

Last but not the least, FYI ... haters should die with shame now !

Last edited:
I don't like to boast, but I have donated decent amounts during the floods & the earthquake and still support the Edhi foundation. I have also contributed towards famine victims and the Syrian refugees.

However, due to a sharp decline in the stock market, I expect that my savings have significantly dropped in value. Additionally, I find that food items in the UK have also gone up in price. My pension does not fully cover my living expenses and I have to ensure that I don't run out of money during whatever time is left for me. Hence I am not in a position to support my fellow Pakistanis during the current crisis.

In most cases, except for a few large donations by the 'Rich' majority of charity contributions from the UK are in the form of £50 to £1000 gifts from the middle or low earners. I guess one of the reasons for a disappointing response to the PM's appeal could be that most middle-class overseas Pakistanis are now worried about the survival of their immediate family and/or their close friends & relations.

How stupid are Pakistanis when it comes to making political scores.

Dam fund is under Supreme Court. The objective was to create awareness among people. The money is still there and cant be withdrawn without Supreme Court agreement.

This government is a cheater? Are you crazy? Those before them, were robbers. If you are fans of those robbers, you are worse than them and deserve them.

Common Pakistanis are donating in relief program. Be it PM relief fund or Shaukat Khanum.

Why Pakistanis are "NOT" donating big to National Covid-19 Coronavirus Relief Fund?

At a time of need, Pakistanis 220 million are not opening their huge pockets and put money and equipment in the COVID-19 Pandemic Relief Fund-2020.

1. In Lahore City, one of the richest cities in Pakistan, with huge number of rich people think the government already Taxes heavily, daily items prices are so expensive, lack of government seriousness, and the habit of Government everytime asking and begging money from the same 220 million Pakistan, who it is looting already.

2. The Army Generals who live in Lahore, Pindi, Islamabad, Peshawar and Karachi, have a massed"Million Dollars" assets, money, farhmouses, land, who are NOT donating anything to the Pakistani Nation, why would anyone else do.

3. The people of Pakistan are already living in extreme hard economic times, where they are already stretched alot.

4. The Army, Navy Airforce must also come forward and donate more.

5. The Government itself is not taking all the relief pressures by itself and its the easiet way to beg for donation whenever a national disaster happens.

6. The National corporate, NDMA, NLC, Hospitals are not providing the relief to the very Pakistani people who donates and pays taxes the most.

Brother, the reasons behind why Pakistanis are not donating is a little bit complicated. Firstly in Pakistan there is rising apathy at the situation in the country and mismanagement of funds, this has an impact on donor confidence.

Now with that out of the way, the next thing to bring into consideration is donor fatigue, Pakistanis (at-least) the civic minded ones have been donating and helping out where they can without fanfare, this includes walls of kindness, payment of school fees, setting up food banks, paying for hospital treatments, dam fund etc.. A time comes when donors who would normally be willing to dig deep in their hearts and pockets get wary if their contribution has any tangible impact on the socio-economic situation in the country.

Finally, and this is the most important part people need to understand is that since the lockdown both agriculture and industry are at a standstill, even the service sector in Pakistan which amounts to 52.71% of GDP[1] is struggling, the engine that drives the nation, the "economy" is at a tipping point and this breeds financial insecurity and risk aversion.

Risk-Averse.png

At times like this what is needed is strong leadership and a unified message, Pakistan is sadly lacking both at present. Whilst the civil government is doing it's best to manage the situation, leadership is a trickle down effect and somewhere along the line the message is getting lost, and where there is uncertainty people are not willing to invest or spend capital.

As seen in Greece and elsewhere when the economy shows signs of weakness people return to the most solid form of financial investment known to mankind since the system of offer and exchange (gold) and you only have to look at the market growth of Gold for the past three months to see this is true:

Gold.png

Now with 1% who can having invested their capital into gold or other similar tangible secure portfolios, that leaves the rest of us, this crisis is not just a healthcare or humanitarian crisis, this is an economic crisis that will lead to a global recession[2] and the people who will suffer most in the recovery phase will be the middle-class and people know this, and this is why they are keeping their purse strings shut tight.

Just my two cents!

[1] Ahmed A, Ahsan H, Contribution of Services Sector in the Economy of Pakistan. PIDE Pakistan.
[2] Deep Global Recession in 2020 as Coronavirus Crisis Escalates, Fitch ratings, April 3, 2020:
https://www.fitchratings.com/resear...20-as-coronavirus-crisis-escalates-02-04-2020

Brother, the reasons behind why Pakistanis are not donating is a little bit complicated. Firstly in Pakistan there is rising apathy at the situation in the country and mismanagement of funds, this has an impact on donor confidence.

Now with that out of the way, the next thing to bring into consideration is donor fatigue, Pakistanis (at-least) the civic minded ones have been donating and helping out where they can without fanfare, this includes walls of kindness, payment of school fees, setting up food banks, paying for hospital treatments, dam fund etc.. A time comes when donors who would normally be willing to dig deep in their hearts and pockets get wary if their contribution has any tangible impact on the socio-economic situation in the country.

Finally, and this is the most important part people need to understand is that since the lockdown both agriculture and industry are at a standstill, even the service sector in Pakistan which amounts to 52.71% of GDP[1] is struggling, the engine that drives the nation, the "economy" is at a tipping point and this breeds financial insecurity and risk aversion.

Risk-Averse.png

At times like this what is needed is strong leadership and a unified message, Pakistan is sadly lacking both at present. Whilst the civil government is doing it's best to manage the situation, leadership is a trickle down effect and somewhere along the line the message is getting lost, and where there is uncertainty people are not willing to invest or spend capital.

As seen in Greece and elsewhere when the economy shows signs of weakness people return to the most solid form of financial investment known to mankind since the system of offer and exchange (gold) and you only have to look at the market growth of Gold for the past three months to see this is true:

View attachment 620512

Now with 1% who can having invested their capital into gold or other similar tangible secure portfolios, that leaves the rest of us, this crisis is not just a healthcare or humanitarian crisis, this is an economic crisis that will lead to a global recession[2] and the people who will suffer most in the recovery phase will be the middle-class and people know this, and this is why they are keeping their purse strings shut tight.

Just my two cents!

[1] Ahmed A, Ahsan H, Contribution of Services Sector in the Economy of Pakistan. PIDE Pakistan.
[2] Deep Global Recession in 2020 as Coronavirus Crisis Escalates, Fitch ratings, April 3, 2020:
https://www.fitchratings.com/resear...20-as-coronavirus-crisis-escalates-02-04-2020

Probably, one of the best analysis of the current situation, and why Pakistanis are NOT donating in numbers apart from a few who did.

The Government, the Provincial Government, Police, Army, NAB, Media must open up to Pakiatanis, be honest with 220 million Pakistanis. Stop blame gaming and use the taxes money wisely which actually does show that, it is benefiting local Pakistanis.

Pakistanis want serious relief. Price reduction massively. Look at the dollar now, look at the elite, and look at the politicians and businessmen. Everything is so expensive. Everything is troubling, no work, no income no future.

Best to donate by your own to the needy, give ration to the poor if you donot trust the Government, Army, NGOs or Distributers. Identify and Do it yourself.

No offense but reason is pure lack of patriotism....

On the other hand look at the figures Indian celebrities and business houses donating for their India....

Lack of trust on Imran Khan can't be translated as lack of patriotism.
Neither it means Pakistanis have stopped donating.
Imran Khan may have closed Khdmet Kaleq foundation to please Modi but there are many more charity organizations, Imran Khan and Modi need to go after, before Imran Khan pockets see significant growth.

Last edited:
It is time to learn the survival tactics and not the BS of donations, we are descendants of herders and grazers, we may turn once again into herders and grazers of sheep, goat and cattle. Good bye to modern urban life styles, lets go back to the way of life of our ancestors, we already have genes for it :lol:.

I dont know about other part of pakistan but Karachi still doing amazing job for poor people and some political people dont want to do this ...!!!

JDC
وزیر اعلی سندھ اور سیکیورٹی ادارے ایکشن لیں!

There are loads of donations coming from EU and GCC.
Besides this bread earners in GCC are sending more than usual to their families and relatives back home because there's no commercial activity in Pakistan. Where state has assumed the role of a retailer. aka keriana store. which is handsome money for Imran Khan and ministers.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom