What's new

Why Pakistan cannot say sorry to Bangladesh

Was I talking about 3 million killed?
An atrocity is an atrocity, whether it be 30 or 3 million.

US was very much on Pakistan's side as it threatened Indian with a CVBG, to which the Soviets replied with a SSN.
Think you need to read up a bit more on the episode from Western sources.

Look I know that you love Pakistan and do not like to hear how badly Pakistan behaved in 1971 but facts are facts.
Sane people in BD do not hate Pakistan but what happened in 1971 cannot be pretended away.

PS - My personal opinion is the true number killed on ALL sides was around 300,000.

SO YOU ADMIT IT!!!!!!!!.........For nearly 50 years, bengalis/indians have been vehemently proclaiming that 40,000 Pakistani troops killed 3 million bengalis and raped 5 million bangladeshi women. Now that has been utterly disproved you are backtracking. Doesn't matter if 3 or 3 million were killed you say?......what else have indians/bengalis been lying about since 1971?.............we can now NEVER believe anything a bengali/indian says about the 1971 war.

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!..........the article ends with "COMMONLY ESTIMATED that between 200,000 to 3 million bangladeshis were killed. In NO WAY does the article CONFIRM that the Pakistani Army killed that many. It's simply conjecture at best. Still no evidence..............I'm still waiting. Seems like the bangali/india narrative of the 1971 war is a TOTAL fabrication.

Last edited:
WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!..........the article ends with "COMMONLY ESTIMATED that between 200,000 to 3 million bangladeshis were killed. In NO WAY does the article CONFIRM that the Pakistani Army killed that many. It's simply conjecture at best. Still no evidence..............I'm still waiting. Seems like the bangali/india narrative of the 1971 war is a fabrication.
Except that wasn't the point of the article. The point was that the West or at least the US did back Pakistan on 71. You said the west didn't back Pakistan, you were wrong.
Read Century of Genocide on chapter 9 if you do want to access the people that were killed.

Except that wasn't the point of the article. The point was that the West or at least the US did back Pakistan on 71. You said the west didn't back Pakistan, you were wrong.
Read Century of Genocide on chapter 9 if you do want to access the people that were killed.

The West wanted Pakistani military installations intact so they could spy on the Soviets. That's all. It wasn't so much they supported Pakistan as much as they did not want any advantages to the Soviets or their allies. Still you could not find ANY GENUINE, credible and irrefutable evidence that supports indian/bengali lies about the 1971 war. You are inadvertently yourself proving that the PA was completely innocent and NO atrocities took place.

The West wanted Pakistani military installations intact so they could spy on the Soviets. That's all. It wasn't so much they supported Pakistan as much as they did not want any advantages to the Soviets or their allies. Still you could not find ANY GENUINE, credible and irrefutable evidence that supports indian/bengali lies about the 1971 war. You are inadvertently yourself proving that the PA was completely innocent and NO atrocities took place.
https://books.google.com/books?id=5Ef8Hrx8Cd0C&pg=PA295#v=onepage&q&f=false

Anyway, the US literally sent a Navy task force in the Bay of Bengal. Those are some major mental gymnastics to think that this doesn't count as American support.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5Ef8Hrx8Cd0C&pg=PA295#v=onepage&q&f=false

Anyway, the US literally sent a Navy task force in the Bay of Bengal. Those are some major mental gymnastics to think that this doesn't count as American support.

Source is by a bangladeshi. Therefore it is not credible or reliable. Please provide an accurate, reliable, honest, genuine and irrefutable source.

PS The US naval task force in the indian ocean was pre-planned months in advance of the 1971 war. The americans would not fight and die for brown skinned Muslims. By the way, what is happening to the mental gymnastics that proclaimed that 40,000 Pakistani soldiers massacred 3 million bengalis and raped 5 million bangladeshi women in under a month in 1971?........:lol:

Your conjecture is irrelevant, meaningless and of no substance. Need HARD facts not meaningless ramblings on the net from random individuals.

There is concrete, honest, genuine and irrefutable evidence that the Nazis genocided at least 4 million Jews in 6 years. Now, WHERE is the authentic, unbiased, genuine, honest, reliable, concrete and irrefutable evidence that 40,000 Pakistanis killed 3 million bengalis and raped 5 million bangladeshi women in a little over a month in 1971? Something which the Nazi Superpower could barely manage in 4 years. If you can't provide the evidence then it means it NEVER HAPPENED.
About this Nazi claim, there is debate by historians to the degree of the so called genocide and even if it was pre-mediatated.

Source is by a bangladeshi. Therefore it is not credible or reliable. Please provide an accurate, reliable, honest, genuine and irrefutable source.

PS The US naval task force in the indian ocean was pre-planned months in advance of the 1971 war. The americans would not fight and die for brown skinned Muslims. By the way, what is happening to the mental gymnastics that proclaimed that 40,000 Pakistani soldiers massacred 3 million bengalis and raped 5 million bangladeshi women in under a month in 1971?........:lol:
History is written by the Victors. But I commend you for daring to ask such questions. Bravo!

Why Pakistan cannot say sorry to Bangladesh
  • Ashis Biswas
  • Published at 06:15 PM April 26, 2018
  • Last updated at 01:44 PM April 27, 2018
https://www.dhakatribune.com/opinion/2018/04/26/pakistan-cannot-say-sorry-bangladesh/

An army-dominated deep statePhoto: REUTERS
Any apology to Bangladesh would imply that Pakistan's use of terror was self-destructive
For some time now, Bangladesh has been pressing Pakistan to apologize for the genocide of the Bangali population in 1971. The occupation army showed no compunction in butchering an estimated three million of their (mostly unarmed) fellow citizens over a nine-month period to quell a liberation struggle in its then eastern wing.

In reply, Pakistan has urged Bangladesh to forget the unfortunate incidents of the past and move on to a new, better relationship. Well short of an apology, its utterly inadequate response glosses over what remains the most shameful blot in Pakistan’s less-than-stellar history.

However, given Pakistan’s gradual morphing into a terror-sponsoring state from its theocratic origins, beginning from its intervention in the Afghan civil war, its refusal to apologize to Bangladesh is not surprising. Countries with a firmer commitment to a democratic system and minimal respect for established norms of governance would have found it easier to offer a brief, heartfelt apology.

A dignified regret would have helped Islamabad get rid of a permanent embarrassment in a civilized manner. If anything, by demanding an apology instead of adequate reparations, Bangladesh had prepared the ground for a graceful ending to a painful episode of history and for a new beginning in bilateral ties.

Evidently, the army-dominated deep state in Pakistan has little concern for either the country’s international image, its place in world history, to say nothing of the damaging legacy it leaves behind for its younger generations.

So far so bad — yet it is possible to see the signs of a major political change for the better among the younger Pakistani citizens, which augurs well for South Asia.

From Pakistan’s point of view, any apology to Bangladesh would have implied that its use of terror as an instrument of state policy had proved self-destructive. Its exploitative policy towards its eastern province was morally reprehensible and utterly wrong.

More importantly, to disavow terror as an acceptable political tactic would have significantly reduced Pakistan’s acceptability among organizations like the Jaish-e-Mohammad, the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, the Lashkar–e-Toiba (some of which are internationally blacklisted), and their shadowy underworld backers.

Pakistan’s refusal to apologize to Bangladesh even in 2018 indicates how little the country has changed since 1971

So there could be no apology to anyone on the break-up of 1971, because that would have meant a loss of face for the India-hating Pakistani ruling establishment. For the military hawks, drug lords, and Islamic extremists running Islamabad’s foreign policy, it was preferable to go along with international Muslim terrorism and maintain a pro-Jihadi image post-1971.

After the emergence of Bangladesh, Pakistan became blindsided on the east. It opted wholeheartedly to concentrate on and participate in developments more closely in the deeply disturbed West Asian region. If this meant inviting unrest and chaos, there were compensations too.

So long as the US and the EU continued to use Islamabad as their ally in the battle against Islamic terrorism, the dollars kept coming — never mind the international revulsion and the moral opprobrium, which can be borne better when people are well-fed and elections are a joke.

It is another matter that the US and the West have gradually become wiser to the implications of Pakistan’s running with the hares and hunting also with the hounds, in the matter of fighting Islamic extremism.

Pakistan’s refusal to apologize to Bangladesh even in 2018 indicates how little the country has changed since 1971.

And yet, it is not fair to condemn Pakistan as a country for the shocking killing of nearly three million people in 1971. There are any number of ordinary, decent Pakistani citizens who deeply regret the breaking up of their country and the loss of its eastern wing. Mostly these are younger generation Pakistanis who have no direct experience of the Liberation War in Bangladesh.

But there are elder citizens too, including senior people in the administration, in different political parties, not to mention journalists and members of the commentariat who are bitterly critical of the 1971 break-up.

There are several Pakistani TV channels where the younger set are shown discussing how Bangladesh has left Pakistan well behind in creating better health facilities for the people, in women empowerment, poverty reduction, family planning, and general education.

Pakistan may boast of having more cars than Bangladesh and smartphones, but the former eastern province enjoys better forex reserves ($32 billion as against $14bn), more mobiles (84% of people as against 68%), registers a better GDP growth, and less foreign debt, despite receiving only a fraction of Pakistan’s level of foreign aid.

The average Pakistani is marginally healthier than the Bangladeshi, but joblessness in Pakistan is much more than pronounced, not to mention the terrorism-related violence and the socio/political cost thereof. The fact that Bangladesh is poised to reach a GDP of over $273bn by end 2018 and overtake Pakistan’s GDP by 2021 at present rates is highly appreciated.

Bangladesh does not suffer crippling power cuts like Pakistan, consuming around 16,000 megawatts daily, a figure expected to touch 22,000 MWs in the 2020s. In garments exports, it ranks second in the world.

By 2021, along with Myanmar and Laos, Bangladesh is poised to join the ranks of middle-income countries, an elevation from the ranks of 47 least developed countries, at its present rate of growth — in the sectors of personal income, economic vulnerability, and human assets creation.

It needs stressing here that the present writer has taken these figures mostly covering the 2016-17 period, from Pakistani print and electronic media. Especially on TV channels, it has been heartening to see young Pakistanis listening with interest to the Bangladeshi national anthem and wishing their “brothers in the East all well.”

It was also encouraging to see similar programs related to the present status and growth of major Indian cities like Kolkata on some Pakistani channels where most people expressed their appreciation. Their obvious interest in the economic growth of Bangladesh and India was a healthy sign for the political future of South Asia as a whole.

As for reactions in India to developments in Bangladesh and Pakistan, especially among the young, this writer can personally confirm that there exist a matching interest and curiosity to learn more about their (former compatriots and current) neighbours with whom they have so much in common in terms of food, language, culture, and religion.

As analyst Charubrata Ray puts it: “When today’s young generation assumes power in all three countries of the sub-continent, who knows what new possibilities may open up? Maybe Pakistan will unhesitatingly apologize to Bangladesh and India, and Pakistan may well apologize to each other — and a new era of hope may prevail in South Asia?”

An added point of interest is that of late, even blaming India for “having taken advantage of the problems in Bangladesh” is no longer done by the older generation of Pakistanis with the anger and vigour of the past. Col Sabyasachi Bagchi says, “they agree that if they were in Mrs Indira Gandhi’s place, they would have done exactly the same in Bangladesh, in a world dominated by realpolitik.”

Ashis Biswas writes from Kolkata, India.

See the level of frustration.

The idiot hindu-stani !

An added point of interest is that of late, even blaming India for “having taken advantage of the problems in Bangladesh” is no longer done by the older generation of Pakistanis with the anger and vigour of the past. Col Sabyasachi Bagchi says, “they agree that if they were in Mrs Indira Gandhi’s place, they would have done exactly the same in Bangladesh, in a world dominated by realpolitik.”

Ashis Biswas writes from Kolkata, India.

It's even less trustworthy if it was written by a Pakistani.
But anyway,
https://www.nytimes.com/1972/01/24/...metery-the-bengali-countryside-is-a-vast.html

PS The US naval task force in the indian ocean was pre-planned months in advance of the 1971 war. The americans would not fight and die for brown skinned Muslims.
Gonna need a source for that, because everything else suggests otherwise.

By the way, what is happening to the mental gymnastics that proclaimed that 40,000 Pakistani soldiers massacred 3 million bengalis and raped 5 million bangladeshi women in under a month in 1971?........:lol:
Pakistan won the gold medal for it

Sticking to the topic -

Pakistan need not say sorry, it doesn't need to or have to, not until BD sorts itself out and punishes the treacherous Burmese regime. Furthermore, not until the BD government gets it's act sorted, by that I mean get away from the clutches of India whom obviously does not have our well being in mind.

How long will the BD government brain dead our people by forcing 1971 down their throats. Do you see Britain talking about any of the world wars? I can remember doing a 1 min silence once throughout the whole year.

It's time Bengalis let go of this emotional agenda called 1971, as much as I applaud my countrymen for their high spirits and bravery on ground who fought for their own culture and language, but it will always be a political facade in my eyes.

We are now free to embolden our culture, why does Pakistan have to come into the equation? Is there no 'Bengali culture' without bringing Pakistan into it? Like I mentioned, it's an emotional agenda/chetona. The real Bengalis don't care about all this sh-t. Some hippy, wannabe Nastiks with access to the net who seem to follow their western compatriots as role models are now taking this to a next level.

It's sad.

Sticking to the topic -

Pakistan need not say sorry, it doesn't need to or have to, not until BD sorts itself out and punishes the treacherous Burmese regime. Furthermore, not until the BD government gets it's act sorted, by that I mean get away from the clutches of India whom obviously does not have our well being in mind.

How long will the BD government brain dead our people by forcing 1971 down their throats. Do you see Britain talking about any of the world wars? I can remember doing a 1 min silence once throughout the whole year.

It's time Bengalis let go of this emotional agenda called 1971, as much as I applaud my countrymen for their high spirits and bravery on ground who fought for their own culture and language, but it will always be a political facade in my eyes.

We are now free to embolden our culture, why does Pakistan have to come into the equation? Is there no 'Bengali culture' without bringing Pakistan into it? Like I mentioned, it's an emotional agenda/chetona. The real Bengalis don't care about all this sh-t. Some hippy, wannabe Nastiks with access to the net who seem to follow their western compatriots as role models are now taking this to a next level.

It's sad.
If my opinion mattered in Bangladesh, I would want you as the leader of Bangladesh. Then perhaps Pakistan and Bangladesh could move on and work together even and even possibly have a better relationship than pre 1971.

Can I ask, where were you when it was agreed on to send thousands of Bangladeshi maids to gulf countries knowing they'd be the subject of torment? How do we rectify these problems is the issue, there is a major ISSUE with the current government and her actions and values and everyone seems to overlook it. Why does our government purposely ruin the maan ijjoth of our brothers and sisters in foreign countries?

Why does our government let the Burmese tadpoles walk all over us? Where is our army? These are actions our people seem to overlook and not care about, like they don't care if we're trodden on.

If 1971 was true, this wouldn't happen today. Baloney war. Fake emotion and croc tears.

We're a nation of 160 million Muslims and we can't represent that beautiful fact.

If my opinion mattered in Bangladesh, I would want you as the leader of Bangladesh. Then perhaps Pakistan and Bangladesh could move on and work together even and even possibly have a better relationship than pre 1971.

It's a pittance that it is over something so trivial as saying sorry, imo, that's bullsh*t. We can't even get ourselves together and we're squabbling over 'sorry' and 1971. The whole war is emotional provocation and an agenda for certain politicians to fall back on. It's ridiculous when we have more than 10,000 Rohingya rape victims of 8 months about to give birth <<< I mean this is the real reason I have given up on my country. Such a piss poor excuse of a country.

There are many wretched politicians in landscape, they're all whorebags.

Back
Top Bottom