What's new

why pak cannot launch their own sattelite

I dont think cost is a problem; our PM alone can afford 100 satellites worth 14 million.

Agree that cost is not a problem for Pakistan. I only said $14 million was not the true cost of the RLV. I think the best bet for Pakistan is for a JV with China - but there should be an intent for independent development in a few years.

take for example the JF-17. if you are always the second fiddle to China, it wont be much benefecial. But if you are constantly learning and increasing your own indigenous capability to build your own version/variant or JF-17 with less and less components from China, then you can be truly independent. Same path with rest of the high tech stuff.

I would say it's pretty simple economics and convenience. you have a rocket superpower as your neighbor and you are brothers. a lot cheaper and easier just to use Longmarch rockets instead of developing your own.

but then again SpaceX developed Falcon 1 for $90 million and Falcon 9 v1.0 for $300 million.

I don't see why Pakistan couldn't make a rocket at least in the performance range of Falcon 1 (without big brothers help)

SpaceX_falcon_in_warehouse.jpg

Industrial base.

To support a gigantic engineering project, you need a strong industrial base.

Expert technicians, machine operators, engineers encompassing all fields, welders and operations researchers, management people.....it is not just about having experts either, it is about passing on this knowledge from generation to generation by investing in research in colleges and universities.

Pakistan lacks a strong industrial base--there is hardly any industrial base to begin with. Investing in R&D itself will not help much if you don't have a strong industrial sector, infact, the R&D will have no impact without industry participation.

Pakistan cannot begin to transform itself without encouraging industrial sector; engineering goods constitute very insignificant portion in Pakistan's overall export. They need to get industries from china in Pakistan, start manufacturing small things in big numbers, and move up the ladder one by one. Stop aiming for BMW's or Audi, they are not gonna happen. when the industry starts making millions in profit, use that money to fund R&D and draw expertise of the industries and ensure a culture of research is passed on.

R&D phase is the most difficult one, a decade can pass without any significant results, and fortunately India has passed through this. DRDO was severely criticized in India not so long ago, but things have changed and they have started to deliver and are delivering fast. In the coming decade, they will expand even more and make more sophisticated products. To achieve this sophistication, the DRDO is tying up with private industries. That is, India has industrial base that can contribute to the R&D. Even if the R&D phase hasn't delivered, you still have your industrial base that is making millions in profit. And keep using this money to keep running the R&D.

Pakistan is far behind in this, they still need to create strong industrial sector, and only then they can aim for ambitious space programs and defense programs.

guys
can anybody tell me that why pakistan supraco could not launch sattelite on their own
just see our neighbor they have reached mars at a such low cost and have launch their own shuttle in just 14 million that too less we can also spend that much amount of money
so wht is hindering our process our r&d scientist are just enjoying or what has happened, why we just keep taking help from china just see india they did developed missile for launching sattelite in just 15-20 years
i want all pakistani to share their thoughts
@Windjammer @Horus

There are three things that are required to launch satellites.

1) SATELLITE
SUPARCO designs and manufactures Satellites for remote sensing and communication.

2) Launch Facility
SUPARCO has acquired land for developing this facility.

3) Satellite Launch Vehicle
SUPARCO does not have any SLV at present and there is also no indication that it is even being considered.

Over the years Pakistan has launched satellites through other countries that have the capability to launch to minimise the costs.

I feel huge pain everyday when I see my motherland lagging behind other countries in sciences and technologies. When I compare science and technology community of Pakistan to that of India, I feel that we have to urgently do something as a nation to decrease and overcome this imbalance. Even Iran has more graduates in emerging sciences and leading technologies than we have in Pakistan. Our nation must realize that we have to make a systematic plan to develop human capital in advanced sciences and technologies and provide people conducive atmosphere to develop science and technology related industries in Pakistan.

I would myself like to make a good applied mathematical technologies company that would do very advanced work in financial markets, biomedical technologies, genetic engineering, advanced medical imaging, and electromagnetics. It would have mainly peaceful agenda but I would like to work on non-aggressive defence technologies like radars that would obfuscate the enemy planes and enemy planes would not be able to shoot them down with anti-radiation missiles. I would also like to work with technologies that would shoot down any missiles and satellites entering close to our territory.

Why do our Pakistanis not realize that it is humans like us who develop such technologies in the west. We can make better technologies at a fraction of the cost. Our Pakistanis myopically shoot down their own compatriots who want to work on advanced sciences and technologies in our country. I make this claim on our PDF forum that if I am given conducive atmosphere to work, I can make most of the above claims true in 5-10 years. We can develop our own radar and anti-missile technologies and make our country safe forever. No country in the world would ever give us such technologies but we can do it on our own. But again dilemma is the same that our own Pakistanis create obstacles for Pakistanis who want to serve our motherland from the core of their heart.

I feel huge pain everyday when I see my motherland lagging behind other countries in sciences and technologies. When I compare science and technology community of Pakistan to that of India, I feel that we have to urgently do something as a nation to decrease and overcome this imbalance. Even Iran has more graduates in emerging sciences and leading technologies than we have in Pakistan. Our nation must realize that we have to make a systematic plan to develop human capital in advanced sciences and technologies and provide people conducive atmosphere to develop science and technology related industries in Pakistan.

I would myself like to make a good applied mathematical technologies company that would do very advanced work in financial markets, biomedical technologies, genetic engineering, advanced medical imaging, and electromagnetics. It would have mainly peaceful agenda but I would like to work on non-aggressive defence technologies like radars that would obfuscate the enemy planes and enemy planes would not be able to shoot them down with anti-radiation missiles. I would also like to work with technologies that would shoot down any missiles and satellites entering close to our territory.

Why do our Pakistanis not realize that it is humans like us who develop such technologies in the west. We can make better technologies at a fraction of the cost. Our Pakistanis myopically shoot down their own compatriots who want to work on advanced sciences and technologies in our country. I make this claim on our PDF forum that if I am given conducive atmosphere to work, I can make most of the above claims true in 5-10 years. We can develop our own radar and anti-missile technologies and make our country safe forever. No country in the world would ever give us such technologies but we can do it on our own. But again dilemma is the same that our own Pakistanis create obstacles for Pakistanis who want to serve our motherland from the core of their heart.
i know how do u feel because i am having the feelings u r having rht now even i am disatisfied with pak gov most

3) Satellite Launch Vehicle
SUPARCO does not have any SLV at present and there is also no indication that it is even being considered.

Over the years Pakistan has launched satellites through other countries that have the capability to launch to minimise the costs.
wht do u mean by minimising the cost if we just launch 3 or 5 sats on our own we will not only get customers but money also which means benefit for pakistan in the long term and short term

Agree that cost is not a problem for Pakistan. I only said $14 million was not the true cost of the RLV. I think the best bet for Pakistan is for a JV with China - but there should be an intent for independent development in a few years.

take for example the JF-17. if you are always the second fiddle to China, it wont be much benefecial. But if you are constantly learning and increasing your own indigenous capability to build your own version/variant or JF-17 with less and less components from China, then you can be truly independent. Same path with rest of the high tech stuff.
u write small pieces but ur words are really worth full

Pakistan have three satalites in the orbit
  • BADR A (an experimental, low-earth satellite) in 1990 and Badar B in 2001 made by Multi Party involved in project
  • PAKSAT-1R (a geostationary, telecommunications satellite) in 2011 made by Sparco and CASC
  • ICube-1 (an Earth-imaging cubesat) in 2013 it was developed by institute of space and technology Islamabad
  • Currently three Satellites are under Design by SUPARCO in collaboration with University of Engineering & Technology Lahore and these satellites will be Remote sensing satellites the launch of above is exacted in 2018
Further Sparco has an annual budget of 75.1 Million $ so its not only about money. pakistan has achieved the different level of technology domestically.

beside that

Sonmiani (space facility) Karachi - Pakistan

Sonmiani Termial Launch is a launch site (spaceport) approximately 40 kilometres northwest of Karachi, Pakistan. The facility became operational in late 1962. Sonmiani Satellite Launch Center was planned and constructed by U.S.'s space agency, NASA in the early 1962s when a team of NASA's engineers visited Pakistan.

Sonmiani Satellite Launch Center was extensively used by NASA to conduct research in Space and rocket technology. Sonmiani Satellite Launch Center was Pakistan's first space research center and launch facility

The area hosts a 2 square kilometre flight test range and that has been operated since 1962 by the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO). In the 1980s, when Pakistan began to pursue space technology. During the 1990s, the facility was expanded and modernized. In the 2000s, the facility was equipped by SUPARCO as the organization installed the high-tech computer and modernized electrical technology. The port has facilities only for launching sounding rockets with sub-orbital payloads.

Last edited:
guys
can anybody tell me that why pakistan supraco could not launch sattelite on their own
just see our neighbor they have reached mars at a such low cost and have launch their own shuttle in just 14 million that too less we can also spend that much amount of money
so wht is hindering our process our r&d scientist are just enjoying or what has happened, why we just keep taking help from china just see india they did developed missile for launching sattelite in just 15-20 years
i want all pakistani to share their thoughts
@Windjammer @Horus

LACK of budget. There is extensive R&D budget required which we simply dont have as for now. It will require at least 1 billion dollars a year to have a good satellite program.

My opinion would be.... Forget about Launch, just concentrate on building satellites which is more convenient and some what easy. Launch is expensive and can be done with the help of China.

My opinion would be.... Forget about Launch, just concentrate on building satellites which is more convenient and some what easy. Launch is expensive and can be done with the help of China.
Agreed ... Pakistan's current targets are not to concur the space but to have the sufficient capabilities to fill it needs domestically rather than using the other's satellites for information and intelligence purpose.
بقول اسلم ریسانی کے۔۔۔۔۔ ڈگری۔۔ ڈگری ہوتی ہے
اسی طرح سٹلایٹ۔۔۔۔ سٹلایٹ ہوتی ہے چاہے وہ کہں سے بھی لانچ ہو
:woot:

Last edited:
DRDO Pakistans secret weapon:lol: making progress lol...that I find hard to believe:lol:

Hi my dear @django
Instead of plainly bashing DRDO,dont you think it'd be far more fruitful if you take the pain of going through the plethora of research papers and patents that are filed/published each year by DRDO?I hope you are not oblivious to these terms.Once you have read and understood the quantum of research carried out,then write your comments. And mind you! Unlike pakistan,their research is pretty transparent and is made public(both successes and failures alike!)

PS- also note that i assume your familiarity with aerospace research.

Hi my dear @django
Instead of plainly bashing DRDO,dont you think it'd be far more fruitful if you take the pain of going through the plethora of research papers and patents that are filed/published each year by DRDO?I hope you are not oblivious to these terms.Once you have read and understood the quantum of research carried out,then write your comments. And mind you! Unlike pakistan,their research is pretty transparent and is made public(both successes and failures alike!)

PS- also note that i assume your familiarity with aerospace research.
What they publish is sheer drivel and long may their funding continue, helps me sleep knowing we are safe and secure.kudos Mr Mishra

What they publish is sheer drivel and long may their funding continue, helps me sleep knowing we are safe and secure.kudos Mr Mishra

@django
I did not know that filing close to 200 patents annually is known as drivel. No wonder pakistani higher education is doing wonders!Oh and btw,How many patents are filed by equivalent pakistani establishments?

I often see Pakistanis mentioning lack of money as issue, however this does not seem to be correct.

Pakistan's GDP for 2015 has been $285 billion equivalent to India's GDP for 1987 $283 billion.

In this period India could afford to build and test two SLVs : SLV-3 and ASLV,

The two tiny SLVs is the below pic

Indian_carrier_rockets.svg

India could do so ,despite having more expenses than Pakistan of today.

Not to mention availability of supercomputers to Pakistan today.

So the problem is not money but Technical capability or importance from Pak Govt.

PS: Chinese back in 1970s had much smaller economy than India built SLVs like Long March 1

Last edited:
It is all about priorities. The focus was on weapons systems for a long time, however, the SLV program has been restarted and we should be able to see some results before 2020.

Back
Top Bottom