What's new

Why isnt Pakistan's weekly holiday, friday?

Talwar e Pakistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan's weekly holiday was Friday, what happened? Even though christian population is around 3-4%; why is our weekly holiday Sunday(and in some areas; saturday). Most Muslims countries have Friday as their weekly holiday and as an Islamic Republic, our weekly holiday should be Friday.

Almost the countries we trading are offs on Sat and Sunday including banks etc, if we have Friday off it's mean we cut off from trade in a week three time and we know how our crimple economy already moving, btw there is half day off on Fridays isn't?

Global economic operations work from Mon-Friday, Pakistan used to have Friday off, a stupidity committed by Zia in 1980s. but I remember most of the business used to be open even back then on Friday.

Global economic operations work from Mon-Friday, Pakistan used to have Friday off, a stupidity committed by Zia in 1980s. but I remember most of the business used to be open even back then on Friday.
Then how do gulf countries trade with other countries?dont they face the same problem?

PS:for a muslim it is better to have sunday as a holiday instead of friday..you need to spend around one and a half hours in preparation and namaz....you wont be able to enjoy a holiday when there is a thought that there is a work to finish at the back of your mind.

Then how do gulf countries trade with other countries?dont they face the same problem?

PS:for a muslim it is better to have sunday as a holiday instead of friday..you need to spend around one and a half hours in preparation and namaz....you wont be able to enjoy a holiday when there is a thought that there is a work to finish at the back of your mind.
Gulf countries are OIL rich, they can afford Friday off, and I have worked in Dubai also, a lot of business are open and operate. where as Pakistan economy is more entangled with American and European markets its hurt them financially if they are close on Friday, beside all business give their employees 2 hours for Friday prayers, in my book its good enough !!

Almost the countries we trading are offs on Sat and Sunday including banks etc, if we have Friday off it's mean we cut off from trade in a week three time and we know how our crimple economy already moving, btw there is half day off on Fridays isn't?
That is the same bullshit argument NS used at that time to please his masters and lords. But this crap is totally unacceptable since UAE (Dubai) has much more international trade than Pakistan and their weekend is Friday-Saturday. This was just the crappiest reason I ever heard. Instead of following Islam, they follow their masters and lords in west.

woh muazaz.GIF

That is the same bullshit argument NS used at that time to please his masters and lords. But this crap is totally unacceptable since UAE (Dubai) has much more international trade than Pakistan and their weekend is Friday-Saturday. This was just the crappiest reason I ever heard. Instead of following Islam, they follow their masters and lords in west.

Okay we will copy Dubai and have holiday on Friday and have half naked women on the beaches ..

85387722_10.jpg

like this

article-2314020-196E80F7000005DC-172_468x286.jpg

and this ..

Muslim_beach-312x178.jpg

_46942274_dubai_466.gif

Camels, Arabs and half naked women ..

%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3Imogen-Thomas-Dubai.jpg

Pubs serving alchohol in Dubai ..

nezesaussi.jpg

Westerners drinking ...

Irish-Village.jpg

Top 10 Dubai Sport Bars | HotelierMiddleEast.com

So we will copy Dubai and go have holiday on Friday, half naked women on the beaches and open bars selling drink. Now you happy? We are copying Dubai.

Okay we will copy Dubai and have holiday on Friday and have half naked women on the beache

So we will copy Dubai and go have holiday on Friday, half naked women on the beaches and open bars selling drink. Now you happy? We are copying Dubai.

You are lying. Where did I say we should follow Dubai in my post. I just refuted the crappy reason of business and trade by citing the Dubai's case and rather example of Dubai becomes even more stronger argument that if a secular or business oriented country like Dubai can have its weekend on Friday....why can't we the so called Islamic republic of Pakistan. Moreover, we had Friday as weekend in 1970s, much before Dubai, until this corrupted NS took over and changed to sunday to please his masters and lords. By the way, do you know that in Dubai the adhan plays five times in each market and shopping mall. Since you are goooooshi booooshi pogo ogling kid, I should tell you that in Islam, you can learn positive things from anyone and just leave the negatives.

Last edited:
Pakistan's weekly holiday was Friday, what happened? Even though christian population is around 3-4%; why is our weekly holiday Sunday(and in some areas; saturday). Most Muslims countries have Friday as their weekly holiday and as an Islamic Republic, our weekly holiday should be Friday.

Bahi don't base it on being Islamic republic, Islam won't allow you a holiday based on significance of a day in a week :fie:, enjoy your weekends and leave Islam out of it, being Muslim is a 24/7 job, no holidays allowed.:p:

Okay we will copy Dubai and have holiday on Friday and have half naked women on the beaches ..

What's wrong with that?

.... and all this while I thought Pakistan has weekly holiday on Friday. Really surprised to see an Islamic country with holiday on Sunday :o:

Friday was never made a holiday by Zia ul Haq. It was made weekend by Bhutto.

The Holiday ensured that our banks and other financial institutions could synchronize with the rest of the world. Unlike the Arabs who are unavailable for business on Fridays and like idiots are expecting the rest of the world to reply to them on a Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom