What's new

Why is Turkey supporting Islamic State fighters in Iraq?

So ask them if they got any proof, okay ?

I mean, i'm Turkish and i'm aware of these allegations.. but never seen a single proof from opposition yet.....and it has been bloody 3 years.... and not a single proof.

They accused Erdoğan's son for meeting with ISIS commanders.
thumbnail.php

Then media uncovered that's so called ISIS commanders are the owners of Kebab restaurant in Istanbul.....
408861.jpg

Believe what you have to believe...but unless you came with solid proof, i will continue to refute your baseless claims.

Mate, what are you doing here. :)

You are the source of all evil... go back to our section. :D You are not safe here. :lol:

I can't resist laughing at conspiracies, especially this one. :angel:

False... prove it.

You're a fool my friend. You know nothing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/03/w...fears-of-fissures-in-iraq.html?pagewanted=all

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323716304578483102209858858

Turkey’s Kurdish oil gamble - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

As long as Turkey got Kurdish Oil deals. Turkey doesn't mind if Iraq falls apart.

Iraq has strongly protested against Turkey's taking over Kurdish oil resources in multi billion dollar contracts.

You're a fool my friend. You know nothing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/03/w...fears-of-fissures-in-iraq.html?pagewanted=all

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323716304578483102209858858

Turkey’s Kurdish oil gamble - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

As long as Turkey got Kurdish Oil deals. Turkey doesn't mind if Iraq falls apart.

Iraq has strongly protested against Turkey's taking over Kurdish oil resources in multi billion dollar contracts.

I'm sick of reading your long BS articles....i won't read them any more, just post the related part and gave the link under it.

I can't resist laughing at conspiracies, especially this one. :angel:

Poor guys life turned to hell after these accusations. :disagree:

I think you're only good at writing but not very good at reading.

Though a rapprochement has calmed the border, the United States fears stability may now be in even greater danger. The problem is not war — but commerce. Iraqi Kurds are selling oil and natural gas directly to Turkey, infuriating Washington and the central government in Baghdad, which fear that oil independence could lead Kurds to declare a broad independence and the fracturing of the nation.

Even as sectarian killing is again spiking across Iraq, and the Syrian civil war destabilizes the region, American officials in Baghdad say the flow of oil to Turkey may be the greatest potential risk to Iraq’s cohesion.

But a year-and-a-half-long diplomatic drive by the United States to stop the flow has so far failed, reflecting Washington’s diminished influence in the region, even with its two longtime allies. Not only will trucks continue to travel daily from the Kurdish region to two Turkish cities on the Mediterranean coast, and not only will the Kurds continue to deliver oil via a pipeline to Turkey, but the parties plan to build a second pipeline, whose details have been kept secret.

“The Kurdistan deal with Turkey is a huge violation against the Iraqi Constitution because they didn’t make the deal with the coordination of the central government,” said Ali Dhari, the deputy chairman of the Iraqi Parliament’s oil and gas committee. “This means the stealing of the Iraqi wealth, and we will not allow it.”

The oil accords with Turkey, potentially worth billions of dollars, are part of a broader effort by Iraqi Kurds in recent years to cut their own energy deals — including exploration agreements with foreign companies like Exxon Mobil, Chevron and Gazprom — that sidelined the central government. The Kurds, and the Turks, say they will pay Baghdad its fair share. But officials in the capital have long claimed such arrangements are illegal.

Rather than assume regional leadership and help resolve the oil dispute between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has done just the opposite. Ankara’s sale of Kurdish crude without Baghdad’s authorization — with revenues to be deposited in a Turkish bank — may pressure Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, give Turkey access to cheap Kurdish crude and provide much-needed revenue to the KRG. Yet, it has unleashed a legal and political backlash in Iraq. Erdogan’s goodwill gesture toward the Kurds has also deepened the polarization between Baghdad and Erbil without resolving the KRG’s current revenue crisis. The KRG remains in financial limbo, dependent upon both Ankara and Baghdad, and still in need of a grand bargain that can permit large-scale, risk-free exports through the northern corridor.

Although Ankara’s sale of Kurdish crude has not fundamentally reshaped regional energy markets, it reveals the extent to which Erdogan and the KRG are willing to defy and pressure Baghdad. The timing of the sale was no coincidence. It not only followed months of a budget dispute between Erbil and Baghdad, but the Iraqi elections that left Maliki with a plurality of seats although an insufficient number to form a government. Ankara and Erbil may either seek to force an energy deal from Maliki in return for Kurdish support or assure that Maliki does not reassume the premiership. For the KRG, the sale also reflects a highly salient oil nationalism that has become embedded in its political agenda and society, and the ongoing efforts to gain economic autonomy from Baghdad.

Yet, this tactical move may not necessarily lead to desired outcomes. At minimum it has exacerbated an already tense negotiating climate. As expected, Baghdad immediately filed litigation against Ankara and its state-run pipeline operator, Botas, at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris for violating the 2010 Pipeline Tariff Agreement (functioning and amended since 1973) and the 1946 Friendship Treaty between Iraq and Turkey. The Iraqi federal court also has filed a complaint against the KRG. Legal uncertainty is reinforced by the executive order announced by President Barack Obama on May 27, ending immunities to the Development Fund for Iraq and certain other Iraqi property and interests, which leaves Kurdish oil exports unprotected from attachment claims, at least in theory. Litigation could go on for months, if not years, perpetuating legal risks and uncertainty for future large-scale exports as well as political distrust between Baghdad, Ankara and Erbil.

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...-oil-gamble-risky-baghdad.html##ixzz3AJq4v78H

I think you're only good at writing but not very good at reading.

Iraqi Kurds are selling oil and natural gas directly to Turkey
Enough is enough..............

Oh really... Kurds are selling oil to Turkey.... on top of it Kurds whom they are importing Natural gas from Iran.. have excess Natural Gas to sell to us....hmmm...yeah very very logical.

May i ask in which rafinerries we are processing Kurdish oil in TUrkey ??? AS far as i know only KOÇ conglamarate has that ability and they decline any offers made by Kurds as they don't get into bad side of the central government....

People, from other side of the planet reads a few BS articles.. and they think they are experts of my country..

Edit: Can you name the natural gas pipeline which has been built over a night....as far as i know there is no natural gas line between KRG and Turkey...

You don't posses even to anaylze what you read and you believe all of the articles, prior to your biased opinion. I'm not going to spend my time to refute your baseless accusations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh really... Kurds are selling oil to Turkey....

Go ahead sir. You're making yourself look like a fool.

The fact is Turkey has Billions of $$$ worth Oil contracts with Kurdistan. That too against approval of Iraq's government. Turkey is interested in Kurdistan Oil. Turkey isn't interested in stability of Iraq.

Go ahead sir. You're making yourself look like a fool.

The fact is Turkey has Billions of $$$ worth Oil contracts with Kurdistan. That too against approval of Iraq's government. Turkey is interested in Kurdistan Oil. Turkey isn't interested in stability of Iraq.
Keep saying that to yourself. If you had been a bit informed, i would debate with you but under these circumtances... no.

Edit: Just one thing more... research the amount of $Billions of exports we have done to Iraq in 2013. Now Iraq is in Turmoil that amount will at least be halved.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only way to stop another Turkish genocide is to embargo all trade, food, medicine and travel to turkey. This is something the world can do together

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom