What's new

Why is travel media dangerous for Pakistan tourism!?

I agree with everything that she said.

Tbh, I'm also not too big of a fan of giving free stuff to foreigners. I know many people will disagree with me, but Pakistan is a poor country itself, so charge them what they should be charged for goods that they buy or consume, don't over charge them nor give them free handouts.

Tbh, I'm also not too big of a fan of giving free stuff to foreigners.
100% agreed, the same people who are ready to part with thousands of Rs for their gora guests, won't pay a dime to hungry guy in their street or student who needs to pay his tuition ... shameless idiots

I agree with everything that she said.

Tbh, I'm also not too big of a fan of giving free stuff to foreigners. I know many people will disagree with me, but Pakistan is a poor country itself, so charge them what they should be charged for goods that they buy or consume, don't over charge them nor give them free handouts.

After the 2007-8 SWAT operations against the TTP and TNSM , the hotels and motels in SWAT were destroyed and upon reconstructed by Army no one was going there for vacations not even Pakistani's, hence the hotel Owners were offering free rooms or food to attract tourist , and eventually when things get back to normal they start charging the guests again . Its a marketing trick to attract Tourists , its not that those foreigners are buying expensive stuff and not paying for it , just cheap stuff like Chaat , or Gol Gappy or a water bottle which hardly cost 20 rupee .

interesting, those of us who are expats agree with her. Locals are offended. Got to take criticism on board otherwise things remain stagnant.
In Pakistan, we have developed a new culture... getting the approval of a "gora" and listening to false appreciation and flattery to soothe our insecurities and complexes. Someone should keep telling us, we are the most intelligent nation on the planet earth while we can't even resolve our most fundamental issues... but we are the most intelligent people to ever walk on the earth..We are most beautiful people as well....we are the most hospitable people as well.. so many complexes and worst of all, we can't listen to constructive criticism ... i.e. we don't even want to walk out of the narcissistic bubble we have blown around us..... look like living in an iron dome.

Last edited:
Let the tourists start coming back. People aren’t stupid. Nothing is free in this world.

We have to project the soft side of Pakistan. There is also no doubt that Pakistanis are generous and very hospitable.

You know the problem, Pakistani's are ungrateful idiots , who are never been happy , if tourist comes to Pakistan they start crying about their skin color and them getting a free water bottle, and if they don't come to Pakistan, same people start abusing these vloggers for not coming to Pakistan and going to India ..
No wonder we are in such deep shit haha

She has some VERY VERY valid points! Appreciate that.
She has some valid points. Travelers should be restricted to the major cities in my opinion. There is still a lot of spy v spy posturing going on Baluchistan, FATA, and KP. No need to hurt security and the travel experience by letting these folks roam unrestricted everywhere.

Guys relax, Pakistan is at the base of the tourism trajectory.

We will eventually get so many tourists that it will normalize and then we can make lots of money from that.

I just don't want Pakistan to turn into a tourist trap like Thailand, Bali or Goa.

Tourist and locals should have respect for each other.

You know the problem, Pakistani's are ungrateful idiots , who are never been happy , if tourist comes to Pakistan they start crying about their skin color and them getting a free water bottle, and if they don't come to Pakistan, same people start abusing these vloggers for not coming to Pakistan and going to India ..
No wonder we are in such deep shit haha

We are not easy people. We are never satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom