What's new

Why is there a statue of Ranjit Singh in Lahore?

I am a Pakistani

So am I a native Pakistani, and am not from Punjab & I don’t see any problems as it’s their province their choice, why is it bugging you.
Like I said if we was to make a huge statue of our own & took pride in it, they won’t object or get offended so why should we?.
Ranjit Singhs sikh empire not only fought with Afghans and British, but also fought Qing Dynasty of China. It was through their exploits that ladakh became part of India.
A small blip & that was it, there was no India.

Look at the Sikhs now, bunch of muppets.

outrageous!!!! tear it down and burn down the entire city immediately!!!!

So am I a native Pakistani, and am not from Punjab & I don’t see any problems as it’s their province their choice, why is it bugging you.
Like I said if we was to make a huge statue of our own & took pride in it, they won’t object or get offended so why should we?.
Pakistani

Sikhs, Rajputs, they escaped from central/west Asia and settled around Punjab & adjoining regions.

hindus who couldn’t defeat them,gave them the title of rulers and used them as protectors.

If these suckers were any good they wouldn’t have been dislodged & chased out of central/west Asia.

Nothing but a bunch of no bodies, only good against south Asians, you put them against some real men, men who live to fight & kill the results are for all to see.

Last edited:
I'm from Lahore and i just saw that there is a Ranjit Singh statue there.

Why?

Why is there a statue of a tyrant, who tortured muslims during his rule, in the ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan?

And to make it worse, the statue was made and placed there by the Punjab government just last year. It's not even like that it was an ancient statue. They literally made the statue and placed it there.

This is extremely offensive.

Imagine if someone makes a statue of Hitler and places it in front of the Eiffel Tower. It's the same kind of situation here.

Shameful.

What are the Lahoris doing about this?

They should file a petition to get it removed.

And i just saw a tweet where Fawad Chaudhry called Ranjit Singh "Sher-e-Punjab". And i thought he couldn't be any worse.

He was a ruler for the Sikhs not for the muslims.

No Punjabi muslim likes Ranjit Singh.

Also, it's quite funny how Indians are "condemning" this "attack" on the statue but they would do anything to remove the statues of Aurangzeb and the other Mughal rulers from India. Hypocrites.
if this is the main priority and concern of my life then it means that there is no worry about law and order
there is no corruption
women and children are not being abducted raped and killed.
the courts are dispensing justice in timely manner
there is no energy , pollution or unemployment crises
people are healthy and happy
Imams are preaching love respect tolerance and coexistence
education standards are high and our children have promising and bright future

after all that

I question myself. why there are still Budha statues in our Museums? why Sikhs of Canada were allowed to give a statue of a former Punjab ruler in Lahore (why couldn't they be just happy that we Muslims took their monetary donation, why so selfish and greedy to have their leader imposed on us in statue too?)

pity that the legless Khadim is dead, could have used his colorful language to light up the hearts of the faithful. attack and ransack the place and the statue, break the cars of the private citizens and beat up some policemen in the way as well.

once all done and dusted I must ~Tut Tut the Indians for their intolerance and complain about the West stereotyping us.

Or.

why cant just care less? why should my faith, my identity and my livelihood must be threatened by a statue somewhere I might not even visit?

I don’t doubt you, am just stating the facts, if Ranjit statue is in Lahore or not doesn’t bother me, it’s the right of people of that region, they have every right to celebrate & take pride in their past & leaders.
we Pakistanis take great pride in accepting money from all sorts of Muslims though.

Money? Yes Habbibi Mashallah
History lesson and roots of Place? NO Way Haram Haram .

we Pakistanis take great pride in accepting money from all sorts of Muslims though.

Money? Yes Habbibi Mashallah
History lesson and roots of Place? NO Way Haram Haram .
Not all Pakistanis, all is incorrect, some of us have pride where we may be poor but our ethics are unbreakable.

Habibi I don’t like Arabs, I don’t even see them as equals, if anything love Iran love our kind.

The statue is an art form, no one is worshipping the statue. The conservatives should not have a problem with a mere statue, extremism like this is common in India, stop following them. Vandalizing historic statues is the height of illiteracy and Jahil pann. The people doing this are the same who would create a shrine for Qadri and Rizvi.

The statue is an art form, no one is worshipping the statue. The conservatives should not have a problem with a mere statue, extremism like this is common in India, stop following them. Vandalizing historic statues is the height of illiteracy and Jahil pann. The people doing this are the same who would create a shrine for Qadri and Rizvi.
Then why is US and EU governments are removing statues of Columbus and other colonizers?? Are they all religious Islamist fanatics?

@Irfan Baloch

Nothing new, Punjabi Muslims always had love for punjabis regardless of religion, they even joined Ranjits army & fought against Turco Afghans.

Nothing shocking about it at all, we did the same for our cousins to the west.

Hi,

Turko Afghans came and destroyed and looted and plundered punjab at every opportunity they got.

Then why is US and EU governments are removing statues of Columbus and other colonizers?? Are they all religious Islamist fanatics?

@Irfan Baloch
Statues should never be destroyed, if the statue is of a person who the normal public dislikes, then the statue should be removed and moved into a museum. It still is art.
As for the statue of Columbus, who told you that the EU or US "Government" is actively removing it? The matter is under consideration and the general public wants it taken down. Again, if the public isn't happy with it, it should be taken down.
My problem is only with DESTROYING the statue, like the arm of Ranjit Singh's statue was destroyed, art like this should not be destroyed outright.

Hi,

Turko Afghans came and destroyed and looted and plundered punjab at every opportunity they got.

We don’t deny it, survival of the fittest, might is right & we had all that.

They tried the same got up to khyber pass and thought we have captured Afghanistan, hahahah.
Reality was very different, a small blip before everything went back to normal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom