What's new

Why is there a statue of Ranjit Singh in Lahore?

are you saying taxpayers from Waziristan paid for this statue?

your like a pambiri in khadda, NS aur aap ka cassette phans gaya hai.....Mujhay kiyun nikala wala chakkar lagata hai

kiya aap Waziristan ko Pakistan mae shamil samajhtay hai?

Punjab's history is Punjab's history. Don't be like Indians who get a scare every time they see a mughal monument.

I don't know why some pakistanis are triggered. If I remember they even opposed a chowk being named after Bhagat Singh.

I don't know why some pakistanis are triggered. If I remember they even opposed a chowk being named after Bhagat Singh.

I dont think most Pakistani were triggered, Actually it was the people of Punjab that were against it

Rest of Pakistan doesn’t really care.

I'm from Lahore and i just saw that there is a Ranjit Singh statue there.

Why?

Why is there a statue of a tyrant, who tortured muslims during his rule, in the ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan?

And to make it worse, the statue was made and placed there by the Punjab government just last year. It's not even like that it was an ancient statue. They literally made the statue and placed it there.

This is extremely offensive.

Imagine if someone makes a statue of Hitler and places it in front of the Eiffel Tower. It's the same kind of situation here.

Shameful.

What are the Lahoris doing about this?

They should file a petition to get it removed.

And i just saw a tweet where Fawad Chaudhry called Ranjit Singh "Sher-e-Punjab". And i thought he couldn't be any worse.

He was a ruler for the Sikhs not for the muslims.

No Punjabi muslim likes Ranjit Singh.

Also, it's quite funny how Indians are "condemning" this "attack" on the statue but they would do anything to remove the statues of Aurangzeb and the other Mughal rulers from India. Hypocrites.
It should be destroyed by mob like several tyrant's statues were destroyed in US.

The people of AJK hate him, that's our perspective. We fought many wars with the Sikh kingdom.
That's not to say we dislike the Sikh faith, it's respected.

Other stuff;

With the rise of the Sikh power in the Punjab, Maharaja Ranjit Singh established his supremacy and set his eyes on the Chibh states of Bhimber and Khari Khariyali. In 1810, a force was sent against Raja Sultan Khan of Bhimber and was met with fierce resistance. However, in 1812 another Sikh army under prince Kharak Singh defeated Sultan Khan, and the Bhimber state was annexed as Jagir of Kharak Singh. Around the same time, Ranjit Singh acquired Gujrat and invaded Khari Khariyali, then ruled by Raja Umar Khan. Raja Umar Khan made peace with Ranjit Singh; but before a settlement could be made, he died, and the state and Mirpur became part of Ranjit Singh's territories.[5]

It should be destroyed by mob like several tyrant's statues were destroyed in US.
Why should it be destroyed & how does it affect you, you are Memon.

Let the community of Ranjit Singh decide whether he was a hero or a villain, whose statue should stay or go.

Last edited:
We should build a massive statue as well erect it on the bank of Indus , Ghuri the Rajput Slayer.

Everyone should be free to honour their kind, their heroes.

Remove the tomb from sohawa & take it to ancestral land.

The people of AJK hate him, that's our perspective. We fought many wars with the Sikh kingdom.
That's not to say we dislike the Sikh faith, it's respected.

Other stuff;

With the rise of the Sikh power in the Punjab, Maharaja Ranjit Singh established his supremacy and set his eyes on the Chibh states of Bhimber and Khari Khariyali. In 1810, a force was sent against Raja Sultan Khan of Bhimber and was met with fierce resistance. However, in 1812 another Sikh army under prince Kharak Singh defeated Sultan Khan, and the Bhimber state was annexed as Jagir of Kharak Singh. Around the same time, Ranjit Singh acquired Gujrat and invaded Khari Khariyali, then ruled by Raja Umar Khan. Raja Umar Khan made peace with Ranjit Singh; but before a settlement could be made, he died, and the state and Mirpur became part of Ranjit Singh's territories.[5]

Ranjit Singhs sikh empire not only fought with Afghans and British, but also fought Qing Dynasty of China. It was through their exploits that ladakh became part of India.

Back
Top Bottom