What's new

Why is there a statue of Ranjit Singh in Lahore?

Good for who if you captured Indian Punjab, good for Pakistani punjabis or Pakistani others, who are minorities with their culture & heritage at stake?.
Are you one of those who think Punjabis are "Punjabising" pashtuns?

Answer honestly.

Seraikis are not Punjabis. They speak Seraikis. A language that most Punjabis can't even understand.

Punjabis are in the majority. But being in the majority with 65% is very different to being in a majority with 38%.

Also, i'm confused with your "united Punjab" theory. That is something a PTM supporter would say.

Absolutely I am aTaliban, Ptm, BLA, anti state etc etc anything that is bad is me.

I am the black man of Pakistan, demonised from past to present.

Punjab for all its martial reputation, through out Mideveal age it was only during Ranjit Singh's 50 year odd rule it wasn't under any form of subjugation or doing bidding for foreign invaders, and had a proper rule over their own land and expanded territories beyond.

I seriously don't know if you're trolling or not. lol.
Let me tell you a story I was in Germany, had a great time there met a few people.

One day having a bit of laugh and banter a fellow Pakistani from Jehlum says to me when we were kids our mother use to tell us don’t play outside or go too far as a Pathan will put you in a sack and take you away.
I obviously laughed at this but started to think that we are demonised purely because of our ethnicity, this is just top of the iceberg.

killers are us, drug dealers, mercenaries, anything bad is us, so I just accepted it.
So you are what?

A khilji resident of Baluchistan.

Let me tell you a story I was in Germany, had a great time there met a few people.

One day having a bit of laugh and banter a fellow Pakistani from Jehlum says to me when we were kids our mother use to tell us don’t play outside or go too far as a Pathan will put you in a sack and take you away.
I obviously laughed at this but started to think that we are demonised purely because of our ethnicity, this is just top of the iceberg.

killers are us, drug dealers, mercenaries, anything bad is us, so I just accepted it.
Such stereotypes are in every community.

I don't even want to go into the stereotypes that Pashtuns have for Punjabis.

Afghans have a obessive type of hatred towards Punjabis and they think we were Sikhs before (not true). But i was more surprised when i heard those stereotypes from pashtuns from KPK and from some baloch people.

In America, Blacks think that all whites are bad because of their history. Whites think all hispanics are garderners.

This is common in every society.

Ever been told to go back or made objectification of the perceived 'enemy'?

Ever been ridiculed for poverty and your choice as religion?

No?

Well get back in line then

Punjab for all its martial reputation, through out Mideveal age it was only during Ranjit Singh's 50 year odd rule it wasn't under any form of subjugation or doing bidding for foreign invaders, and had a proper rule over their own land and expanded territories beyond.

Not much different from India then?.

Wiki is pretty neutral on this topic:

As consistent with many Punjabis of that time, Ranjit Singh was a secular king[67] and followed the Sikh path.[68] His policies were based on respect for all communities, Hindu, Sikh and Muslim.[45]
He visited Sufi mosques and holy places.

He built several Gurdwaras, Hindu Temples and even mosques and one in particular was Mai Moran Masjid which he built for his beloved muslim wife Moran Sarkar.[70] The Sikhs led by Singh never razed places of worship to the ground belonging to the enemy

Punjabi wasn't even an identity.

Like Indian wasn't a proper identity before the British invasion.

A khilji resident of Baluchistan.
Aren't 40% of people in Balochistan Pashtuns?
I've always wondered what Baloch think about Pakistan.

Are they Pakistani or do they want Balochistan?

The majority i mean.

Be honest.

I'm not like the Indians who get insecure when someone mentions Khalistan or Kashmir lol.

Such stereotypes are in every community.

I don't even want to go into the stereotypes that Pashtuns have for Punjabis.

Afghans have a obessive type of hatred towards Punjabis and they think we were Sikhs before (not true). But i was more surprised when i heard those stereotypes from pashtuns from KPK and from some baloch people.

In America, Blacks think that all whites are bad because of their history. Whites think all hispanics are garderners.

This is common in every society.
Let’s set a few things here straight, we are not Afghans so what they say or think we don’t care much for.

I am not from KPK so I can’t really comment, as far as the Afghans my only connection is to the ghilzai/khilji people.

we have accepted the fact we are second class citizens, victims of drone attacks, terrorism, collateral damage.
Hay but who cares Sikhs and Khalistan is the future.

Back
Top Bottom