What's new

Why is there a statue of Ranjit Singh in Lahore?

I don’t doubt you, am just stating the facts, if Ranjit statue is in Lahore or not doesn’t bother me, it’s the right of people of that region, they have every right to celebrate & take pride in their past & leaders.
That's the thing.

No one wants it.

The government is imposing it on us.

They're so quick to ban apps and stuff but they themselves indulge in such unislamic things.
Before giving gyaan you must contain your excitement for this Khalistan project, seeing this statue those khalistani sardars might be reminded that Lahore is the capital of Khalistan 😆

Are you an Indian?

Just wondering.

Ranjit Singh used the Badshahi Masjid as a stable for his horses.

That is a fact.

Are you trying to justify it?

A statue will help to push Khalistan into reality? LOL

No respectable muslim would tolerate a statue of a tyrant in their backyard just to appease a community who killed muslims in Punjab 1947.

Are you a Punjabi?

He was a Punjabi SIKH.

He wasn't a leader for the muslims.

Stop trying to claim him. He wasn't and isn't our leader.

Contrary to you assumption, I don’t claim him, I am from those who fought him, I am from those who slaughtered their gurus, I am from them that let the golden temple flow with blood of cows.

Before giving gyaan you must contain your excitement for this Khalistan project, seeing this statue those khalistani sardars might be reminded that Lahore is the capital of Khalistan
All of India with 2.8 billion legs desperately pushing could not grab Lahore despite being 10 miles from the border and you expect me to think 30 million Khalistani's will be able to do that. Dream on ...

Contrary to you assumption, I don’t claim him, I am from those who fought him, I am from those who slaughtered their gurus, I am from them that let the golden temple flow with blood of cows.

I know you're not a Punjabi. You were saying that you're "glad" that us Punjabis are proud of our "leaders". My response was to that.

Why would you even think that we're proud of such tyrants?

It's not true.

On a broader note, yes I am aware there is a conflicted history but Pakistan and Sikhs need to move on. If Germans and French can so can Pakistan, Khalistan and Afghanistan. A future with Kabul to Islamabad to Amritsar open road would be good for all. Indeed it would great for Khalistan and Pakistan. Kartarpur was just a potential of what could be possible. But first we need to help Khalistan become a reality and then just have a soft border at Wagah.
There is a natural, regional connectivity based on history and geography between the Kabul-Islamabad-Amritsar axis.

All of India with 2.8 billion legs desperately pushing could not grab Lahore despite being 10 miles from the border and you expect me to think 30 million Khalistani's will be able to do that. Dream on ...
Some ex-minister or ex-general sikh guy said that Pakistan was very close to Amristar and was gonna capture it. He even said that the Punjab section of the army was going to pushback which would have led to Pakistan capturing Amristar and the surrounding areas in 1965.

Imagine that.

A country of 50 million people was about to capture a major city from a country of 500 million.

How embarrassing is that.

I sometimes wonder how different South Asia would be if Pakistan's population was the same as India's.

I know you're not a Punjabi. You were saying that you're "glad" that us Punjabis are proud of our "leaders". My response was to that.

Why would you even think that we're proud of such tyrants?

It's not true.

i am not saying you are proud, obviously someone is for the statue to be made & erected. You don’t represent the majority & if the majority feels that Ranjit is the centre piece of their history then it must be respected.

khalistan will be the end of Pakistan, reason to that is we are a minority & we won’t be made even a smaller minority.
On a broader note, yes I am aware there is a conflicted history but Pakistan and Sikhs need to move on. If Germans and French can so can Pakistan, Khalistan and Afghanistan. A future with Kabul to Islamabad to Amritsar open road would be good for all. Indeed it would great for Khalistan and Pakistan. Kartarpur was just a potential of what could be possible. But first we need to help Khalistan become a reality and then just have a soft border at Wagah.
There is a natural, regional connectivity based on history and geography between the Kabul-Islamabad-Amritsar axis.

how about a kartarpur style corridor for those on the other side of Durand line to sohawa, can their be more a holy site locally then of our king ghuri?.

A new member with 63 posts calling every other person non-Punjabi. Looks like an account with an agenda.

Lol.

The guy literally said that his forefathers fought the sikhs so obviously he is not a Punjabi and i just pointed that out. Look at the previous posts to understand what i'm saying.
i am not saying you are proud, obviously someone is for the statue to be made & erected. You don’t represent the majority & if the majority feels that Ranjit is the centre piece of their history then it must be respected.

khalistan will be the end of Pakistan, reason to that is we are a minority & we won’t be made even a smaller minority.

how about a kartarpur style corridor for those on the other side of Durand line to sohawa, can their be more a holy site locally then of our king ghuri?.

Which minority?

See within minutes from taking Khalistan you came down to defending Lahore 😆 Just like past where you start to take Kashmir and end up saving your a$$ in Lahore ...thanks for putting up the statue 😆 😆

They have moved on somewhat.

But that doesn't mean you start making statues of tyrants who tormented your ancestors.

You can't use this khalistan thing to justify that

Would the French allow a statue of Hitler in their country?

They have moved on right?
Then why not, according to your logic?

That's the thing.

No one wants it.

The government is imposing it on us.

They're so quick to ban apps and stuff but they themselves indulge in such unislamic things.

Are you an Indian?

Just wondering.
Yup , after they changed the forum design flags not visible , I liked the old format

Would the French allow a statue of Hitler in their country?
Honestly, yes they would but for the fact that Hitler wiped out 6 million Jews and in the modern world in the west the worst thing you can be accused of is being Anti-Semitic. It is the Jewish angle that makes Hitler a no, no.

See within minutes from taking Khalistan you came down to defending Lahore 😆 Just like past where you start to take Kashmir and end up saving your a$$ in Lahore ...thanks for putting up the statue 😆 😆

From what i've seen, Khalistanis only want the Indian Punjab as it is a relatively more realistic option than trying to take Lahore too. So i don't think we're too concerned about that.

Lol.

The guy literally said that his forefathers fought the sikhs so obviously he is not a Punjabi and i just pointed that out. Look at the previous posts to understand what i'm saying.

Which minority?
What I was trying to say is that if the majority of people of Lahore / Punjab want the statue of Ranjit then it should be respected, no issues with that.

Back
Top Bottom