What's new

Why is the southern part of South Asia more developed than the northern part of South Asia

That's exactly what I said. By charging money, it will solve the money problem of universities at the same it will drive away students who are not really interested in education. Even Chinese universities charge money yet it has one of the largest educated populations in the world and is a successful country. If anything, we should follow the East Asian development model. I also think that the positive attitude towards education comes from culture. As Sri Lankan population is relatively modern, we do not have backward traditions when compared to our neighbours, take gender taboos for example, and education is also a sign of prestige among Lankans.

Universities are funded by government because it is a national requirement, more like defence in a broader sense. And there are no students in universities who are not interested in any other things. If you are referring to JVP associations in SL, politics is not an alien thing in universities. All university undergrads will hold some political idea it is not criminal as long as they dont create havoc. The behavior in JVP associations in unis is not something unique to JVP but rather the general political stupidty and unawareness, foolishly emotional nature of general public in SL.

Yes when it comes to gender issues SL is ahead than its neighbours. But india, pakistan and Bangladesh have very good education traditions that we can learn a lot from. I would say education institutes in India and Bangladesh and pakistan could be better than that of SL. India has invested a lot in its education institutes unlike SL for really good unis

I can answer you in a way you wont even think of returning to this forum, but i'd rather not in this platform among chest beaters. If the gover is not responsible for the ills of the country, who is responsible? Your parents? may be in another way!

:rofl::rofl: Yeah I would like to see how you banish me from the forum with disgrace. I think I have pointed out once about your flawed logic on defending the current system of university education in Sri Lanka.

It is not a surprise for me to see you behave like such because you are a product of our university system. You are bound to defend that system.

Do not put the entire blame on the government. The issue majorly rests with the university management and behavior of the university student movements.

Universities should be a place of conducting debate without any barriers. But in Sri Lanka it is a place of doubt whether you should shut up and take all the shite or respectively leave the university to the so called commie scum.

INHO those IUSF bastards should be shot in public.

I dont see any difference between govern supporters and IUSF. IUSF are not the only trouble makers in govern. There are reasons why students get attracted to them. And IUSF and other politically connected associations in Unis is a reflection of lankan society which dissent meaningful debate and blind support for a political party.

How havent I answered Your post?
My points were,
1. Free education was/is and will ne what gave opportunity to children from poor background even middle class to get degrees. Most of them have turned into useful professionals in SL serving the country. There is a professor (called Jayatillaka) who is now in a Singapore uni who doing PhD in physics who is actually from a very poor farming village in Dambulla and a disabled person. It is the free education that gave such people opportunity. So cancelling free education is a strict NO.

2. But my idea is we should allow people to do degrees in SL unis after paying for degrees as well. That is those who cant enter via ALs. That is we give opportunity to ones who enter via merit and by paying money as well.

3. I didnt say I am against foreign unis in SL, what i said was we should have GOOD quality foreign unis in a properly regulated manner. what SL gover does today is bringing not so good foreign unis without proper regulation thinking about money only. And priority should be given to local universities.

4. True that education sector can bring money. but also it is a very sensitive and an important sector in a country that should not be controlled by mudalalis.

:) be more responsible and less foolish in your comments then. Thanks.

yes,i heard u and i will be.

i feel bad only when people like u get hurt,not for others.

You have not given up lying even after being censured in various threads.

From World bank Data.

GDP Per Capita ( Real ) = $1489 ( India ) and $1257 ( Pakistan )

GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Table

GDP Per Capita ( PPP ) = $3183 ( India ) and $2741 (Pakistan )

GDP per capita, PPP (current international $) | Data | Table

Well you hindu a** is burning, anyway that thread was closed.

Here is 15-1 advantage from your general mouth, who to believe? Butt hurt hindu on internet or Indian general who saw it all?

And your GDP figures are outdated, India economy have tanked and rupee value is in gutter from 45 to 60. Unless you are another retard who believe Indian currency is in $ so nominal value will not change? Actual data as of last yes is Pak $1450 and India $1250.

By june Pak GDP will be over $300 billion, see economy section for more information. And stop using old figured because your currency value has come down 25-30% since then.

Last edited:
I dont see any difference between govern supporters and IUSF. IUSF are not the only trouble makers in govern. There are reasons why students get attracted to them. And IUSF and other politically connected associations in Unis is a reflection of lankan society which dissent meaningful debate and blind support for a political party.

I totally disagree with you. University society is totally different from the general civilized society in rest of Sri Lanka. This is not my remark but a remark from university students who also advocating on keeping this weird university society exclusively inside of universities and try to distance them selves with the rest of the society like others who do not qualify for the universities has leprosy.

BTW student go to universities for joining IUSF to solve there problems?

:rofl::rofl: Yeah I would like to see how you banish me from the forum with disgrace. I think I have pointed out once about your flawed logic on defending the current system of university education in Sri Lanka.

It is not a surprise for me to see you behave like such because you are a product of our university system. You are bound to defend that system.

Do not put the entire blame on the government. The issue majorly rests with the university management and behavior of the university student movements.

I can talk about them but i will have to belittle my country here. That is why I dont do that. many commentators here would know the difference between you and me. Yes i am a product of university in SL and i am earning millions for this country. I cant help it if you fail to enter a university here. I could only pity you. where have you pointed out flawed logic of mine? i challenge you, show at least one!

Even the doctor whom your mother took you when you were a baby was a product of free education here. Most of your analysis have gone to thin air like SL gover will never implement 13 and that you will bring down the govern if they ever did. What are you doing for that now? You are an idiot of the weerawansa type who were born here for the unfortune of the country.

How havent I answered Your post?
My points were,
1. Free education was/is and will ne what gave opportunity to children from poor background even middle class to get degrees. Most of them have turned into useful professionals in SL serving the country. There is a professor (called Jayatillaka) who is now in a Singapore uni who doing PhD in physics who is actually from a very poor farming village in Dambulla and a disabled person. It is the free education that gave such people opportunity. So cancelling free education is a strict NO.

2. But my idea is we should allow people to do degrees in SL unis after paying for degrees as well. That is those who cant enter via ALs. That is we give opportunity to ones who enter via merit and by paying money as well.

3. I didnt say I am against foreign unis in SL, what i said was we should have GOOD quality foreign unis in a properly regulated manner. what SL gover does today is bringing not so good foreign unis without proper regulation thinking about money only. And priority should be given to local universities.

4. True that education sector can bring money. but also it is a very sensitive and an important sector in a country that should not be controlled by mudalalis.

:) be more responsible and less foolish in your comments then. Thanks.
I think you didn't understand what I said. I said they should charge money for universities and at the same time allow scholarships for skilled learners to come and study for a cheap price if not free. This way it will be possible to effectively filter out those type of students who only join universities to stir up troubles.

If you allow low-skilled students to pay and receive the same type of education as a high-skilled student receives then what would be the meaning of free education? Both of which will put an end to free education. What I suggested was, make all universities commercial while handled by current authorities (not privatization) and implement a scholarship system for high-skilled, low-income students to join universities. This will eventually increase the value of local universities and increase the standards.

Constant wars, invasions, political dissent and turmoil, generally aggressive people are the reasons for all of that.
South Indians were lucky enough to be geographically isolated from the horrors of being in the northern part of the sub-continent.
Pak, BD and north India have faced horrors that very few countries have faced...and the path to recuperation and reconciliation is long.

I totally disagree with you. University society is totally different from the general civilized society in rest of Sri Lanka. This is not my remark but a remark from university students who also advocating on keeping this weird university society exclusively inside of universities and try to distance them selves with the rest of the society like others who do not qualify for the universities has leprosy.

BTW student go to universities for joining IUSF to solve there problems?

I didnt say university society is the same as general society of Sri lanka, but they too are from the SL society and the weaknesses and stupity of the SL society would be found inside unis as well. because uni students come from SL society at large. I dont know about your friend.

All students who go to universities dont join IUSF. I attended a university that has zero IUSF presence and zero politics. university students dont go there to solve problems but as adults in the country they can have a political opinion that is not criminal. They can engage in politics if they want that is not unconstitutional.

The only reason you talk about IUSF is your hatred and jealosy of free education in university in SL because you could not attend to one.

I can talk about them but i will have to belittle my country here. That is why I dont do that. many commentators here would know the difference between you and me. Yes i am a product of university in SL and i am earning millions for this country. I cant help it if you fail to enter a university here. I could only pity you. where have you pointed out flawed logic of mine? i challenge you, show at least one!

Sri Lanka has being belittled in here from some time now. you do not need to worry about that. BTW it is not something we should ashamed to talk in here unless that you do not have any thing logical or rational to say. Also I do not care how much you earn or what kind a IQ you have. I just point out the snags in our education system and how should we remedy those snags.

And I'm wondering now it was better that I didn't qualify for a university or else I would have being some one like you. Sorry to say that but that is the sad truth.

Even the doctor whom your mother took you when you were a baby was a product of free education here. Most of your analysis have gone to thin air like SL gover will never implement 13 and that you will bring down the govern if they ever did. What are you doing for that now? You are an idiot of the weerawansa type who were born here for the unfortune of the country.

I do not know how to reply to this comment so I keep this as such.

I think you didn't understand what I said. I said they should charge money for universities and at the same time allow scholarships for skilled learners to come and study for a cheap price if not free. This way it will be possible to effectively filter out those type of students who only join universities to stir up troubles.

If you read again what i typed, i have said the same thing. That is select the best results from ALs on merit and allow the remaining down the AL marks line to pay and join.

If you allow low-skilled students to pay and receive the same type of education as a high-skilled student receives then what would be the meaning of free education? Both of which will put an end to free education. What I suggested was, make all universities commercial while handled by current authorities (not privatization) and implement a scholarship system for high-skilled, low-income students to join universities. This will eventually increase the value of local universities and increase the standards.

The objective of free eductaion is to provide education opportunities for students with less income. But the gover cant provide space for everyone who wants to join the university. That is why ALs is used to filter the students. The ones who get good marks can go to govern unis while those who cant pass the required score cant enter. As this created problems so that some good students who couldnt get through ALs lost opportunity to enter unis, the system of private university started. what i suggested was a method of facilitating demands of the both groups. And no it will not put an end to free education.

The management system of universities should be modernised and improved to fit the modern age. But what you have are political appointees of the current gov who are not good for the job. Further the universities suffer from lack of funds because gov is not ready to release funds for them and good university lecturers and professors leave the country cos they are not paid well.

All students who go to universities dont join IUSF. I attended a university that has zero IUSF presence and zero politics. university students dont go there to solve problems but as adults in the country they can have a political opinion that is not criminal. They can engage in politics if they want that is not unconstitutional.

Totally agree with you. Not all of the students who goes to universities join IUSF kalakannis. But You have to agree that IUSF have a big leverage on almost all students in almost all universities in Sri Lanka. Because of IUSF universities have become wastelands of educated people.

You are right in saying that every person has a right to have a political opinion of his/her own. But it does not mean that anyone can force any political opinion or their own opinions on others. That is sir a criminal activity and total Kale Neethiya.

The only reason you talk about IUSF is your hatred and jealousy of free education in university in SL because you could not attend to one.

If I hate and have a jealousy on free education I should shut my self up and watch how IUSF ruing our younger siblings. It is that simple.

The objective of free eductaion is to provide education opportunities for students with less income. But the gover cant provide space for everyone who wants to join the university. That is why ALs is used to filter the students. The ones who get good marks can go to govern unis while those who cant pass the required score cant enter.

So you are saying people who take higher marks in a examination which is intend to filter out students because of lack of seats in universities are better that others?

Dude......

Here we can see the Sri Lankans spewing there poison as usual.

Ah....................... Just like we poisoned your sibling in Sri Lanka....... Wanna join them?

Back
Top Bottom