What's new

Why is the southern part of South Asia more developed than the northern part of South Asia

One thing you got right is indian govern has invested in their own universities and you have very good universities. Instead SL gover is letting foreign universities to mushroom in SL without considering whether they would be actually beneficial to SL.

Do not point your finger at the government. Indian universities are better because there are no JVP (IUSF) like faggots. We need to get rid of those faggots and corrupted lectures from Sri Lankan universities.

so just keep it with you .. why judging ability of others based on ur whims and fancies!

where did i judge others? i just pointed out it in a thread in which one of the TN members were belittling others to show superiority. Actually i was helping her to come to reality. Read from the top and see who has actually made judgements of others.
I didnt judge others based on my whims and fancies it is the experience i got by working with them. And i didnt say all the TN people are the same. I just gave a reality check for an attention seeker here.

Do not point your finger at the government. Indian universities are better because there are no JVP (IUSF) like faggots. We need to get rid of those faggots and corrupted lectures from Sri Lankan universities.

I can answer you in a way you wont even think of returning to this forum, but i'd rather not in this platform among chest beaters. If the gover is not responsible for the ills of the country, who is responsible? Your parents? may be in another way!

WHatever, we know how most Sri Lankans on here think.

really good for you! same can be said about yours as well. Looking at the indian posters here talking about education in india itself is a joke.

Yes when it comes to stats one has to look country's average ....... I am highlighting the fact that there are regions which are well developed and then there are backward regions in India.

but still for a country comparison it is the country that is considered. Even if you take other countries same argument can be brought against them as well. After all this thread is not about country wise comparison but rather south and north. I commented regarding the self professed educated woman's comments regarding SL. Needed to bring her into reality. She is not the only one educated here and her brother is not the only one who went to Olympiad. :D (what a foolish comment from such a woman with such high intellect)

Last edited:
Just asking how do you know about the intellectual traditions in Sri lanka.? True that SI can boast about nobel laureates while SL cannot. But the individual accomplishments of few people do not show the real picture. Not only you there are many in SL who attend very good schools and even students from my own schools have attended Math/Physics Olympiad. I don’t think it is a suitable parameter.
One thing you got right is indian govern has invested in their own universities and you have very good universities. Instead SL gover is letting foreign universities to mushroom in SL without considering whether they would be actually beneficial to SL.
Points to ponder for gover supporters here like, @HeinzG, @Skyline and @Azizam
By letting good foreign universities to invest in the country you can attract foreign students in massive numbers. Especially with Sri lanka's location, friendly atmosphere and relatively developed standards of living we could become a major hub in South Asia over education. Just go to American National College (foreign university) and see how many foreign students are there. Even there was an Iranian in the class which one of my cousins studied in. I agree that the quality of local universities is nasty but at the same time I don't think local universities will manage to attract foreign students when compared to foreign universities.

@HeinzG has a point as well. These JVP scum is destroying our education system. Sri lankan universities are not places to learn but to make gangs and "rule" places. Universities are at least closed for 1/4 of an year all thanks to JVP garbage. They protest against meaningless issues since that's what their existence all about.

By letting good foreign universities to invest in the country you can attract foreign students in massive numbers. Especially with Sri lanka's location, friendly atmosphere and relatively developed standards of living we could become a major hub in South Asia over education. Just go to American National College (foreign university) and see how many foreign students are there. Even there was an Iranian in the class which one of my cousins studied in. I agree that the quality of local universities is nasty but at the same time I don't think local universities will manage to attract foreign students when compared to foreign universities.

Local universities would not attract if they are let to deteriorate with time. but local universities are the engines of a country's education. They are the most priority. That is why indian govern is investing in IIT, MIT in india. We should have foreign universities but the ones which are in good quality not money making machines for british. Having their universities in countries like SL and others is an export for Britian. We as a country should get out of British mentality and develop our very own educational facilities. SL used to have very good educationists who had to leave SL for Singapore because of idiotic governments at that time. Most of the top Singapore education institues would have Ceylonese people at the top in its founding days.

Universities is not only a revenue generation method but also creating the necessary skills for the country in the long run. That aspect is lost for the SL govern. just filling SL education space with unheard universities.

Between did you check krish square? :)

ow tikak hoyala balanna. ai eke news natte kialath hoyala balanna. krish project kianne ana gatta project ekak dan Lankan gov atha arapu. MR ge gon wada atharin ekak.

man eka gana danne na. MR project eka wena investor kenekuta dunananm hari

man eka gana danne na. MR project eka wena investor kenekuta dunananm hari

eya polla thiela giya. wena ekekta dena eka nemei wade, MR ge projects wala kisi feasibility analysis ekakwath return on investiment ekak wath na. nattam mu mattalak hadala salli nasthi karanne na

Local universities would not attract if they are let to deteriorate with time. but local universities are the engines of a country's education. They are the most priority. That is why indian govern is investing in IIT, MIT in india. We should have foreign universities but the ones which are in good quality not money making machines for british. Having their universities in countries like SL and others is an export for Britian. We as a country should get out of British mentality and develop our very own educational facilities. SL used to have very good educationists who had to leave SL for Singapore because of idiotic governments at that time. Most of the top Singapore education institues would have Ceylonese people at the top in its founding days.

Universities is not only a revenue generation method but also creating the necessary skills for the country in the long run. That aspect is lost for the SL govern. just filling SL education space with unheard universities.

Between did you check krish square? :)
I agree that government should invest more in education but at the same time we should give up free university concept and start charging money alongside implementing a scholarship based system. I hope this will not only solve the lack of money issue for universities but will create a state of respect towards universities among local population and students who are admitted will not choose to form gangs and waste time in universities.

What's wrong with letting foreign students to come and learn in foreign universities in Sri Lanka? They may pay for a UK based institution but they will have to pay Sri Lanka for living. It will also attract intellectuals from reign countries who are much needed for Sri Lankan's development. We should also focus on science and technology as government has done virtually nothing to develop this sector.

I always imagined north India as Punjab and Kashmir. When did Indians started including Bihar and UP in it?

eya polla thiela giya. wena ekekta dena eka nemei wade, MR ge projects wala kisi feasibility analysis ekakwath return on investiment ekak wath na. nattam mu mattalak hadala salli nasthi karanne na
I agree. Maththala was a giant waste of money.

I agree that government should invest more in education but at the same time we should give up free university concept and start charging money alongside implementing a scholarship based system. I hope this will not only solve the lack of money issue for universities but will create a state of respect towards universities among local population and students who are admitted will not choose to form gangs and waste time in universities.

What's wrong with letting foreign students to come and learn in foreign universities in Sri Lanka? They may pay for a UK based institution but they will have to pay Sri Lanka for living. It will also attract intellectuals from reign countries who are much needed for Sri Lankan's development. We should also focus on science and technology as government has done virtually nothing to develop this sector.

The concept that we need to charge for university education is not a proper one. Free education is one reason why SL has a good position in South Asia when it comes to educated masses. It is the only way children from poor background and with capability and skills can enter a university. Free education is very important and even the ones who receive degrees from private universities should help to protect free education in SL cos that is the life line in SL future.

But i agree we will allow a certian section of students to earn a degree via paying a charge (especially those who couldnt enter via ALs). And open university system should be strengthended.
I didnt say bringing foreign universities are bad I said we should bring GOOD quality ones as opposed to british ones that even britishers havent heard of. And SL gov should look into the course subjects and what they teach. Currently SL stundets are being exploited by private universities not providing the facilities they promised at the beginning.

I am NOT against foreign nationals getting educated here, my point is our priority should be local universities while having a good control of private ones. We should even bring local unis to a level where we can attract foreign students. But SL needs experts on the field of defence, foreign affairs and SL related subjects and local universities are the only place which offer that.

SL universities are not doing well. Good lecturers are leaving the country because of low salaries and no funds for research. When we should attract foreign research teams to SL universities we are sending off what we have at our hands.

I agree. Maththala was a giant waste of money.

eth anduwe supporters la mokada kianne? mukuth nane! balanna ko sudda karana lassana!
mattala witharak nemei me anduwe godak dewal ehemai

The concept that we need to charge for university education is not a proper one. Free education is one reason why SL has a good position in South Asia when it comes to educated masses. It is the only way children from poor background and with capability and skills can enter a university. Free education is very important and even the ones who receive degrees from private universities should help to protect free education in SL cos that is the life line in SL future.

But i agree we will allow a certian section of students to earn a degree via paying a charge (especially those who couldnt enter via ALs). And open university system should be strengthended.
I didnt say bringing foreign universities are bad I said we should bring GOOD quality ones as opposed to british ones that even britishers havent heard of. And SL gov should look into the course subjects and what they teach. Currently SL stundets are being exploited by private universities not providing the facilities they promised at the beginning.

I am NOT against foreign nationals getting educated here, my point is our priority should be local universities while having a good control of private ones. We should even bring local unis to a level where we can attract foreign students. But SL needs experts on the field of defence, foreign affairs and SL related subjects and local universities are the only place which offer that.

SL universities are not doing well. Good lecturers are leaving the country because of low salaries and no funds for research. When we should attract foreign research teams to SL universities we are sending off what we have at our hands.

eth anduwe supporters la mokada kianne? mukuth nane! balanna ko sudda karana lassana!
I think you didn't answer my post properly.

I agree with the second and third paragraphs.

That's exactly what I said. By charging money, it will solve the money problem of universities at the same it will drive away students who are not really interested in education. Even Chinese universities charge money yet it has one of the largest educated populations in the world and is a successful country. If anything, we should follow the East Asian development model. I also think that the positive attitude towards education comes from culture. As Sri Lankan population is relatively modern, we do not have backward traditions when compared to our neighbours, take gender taboos for example, and education is also a sign of prestige among Lankans.

MR wa replace karanna kawudua lankawe inne? ekath kawuruth na. ape system eka one-party rule ekak wage thamai. ape choices wala hatiyata danata inna hondama choice eka MR.

where did i judge others? i just pointed out it in a thread in which one of the TN members were belittling others to show superiority. Actually i was helping her to come to reality. Read from the top and see who has actually made judgements of others.
I didnt judge others based on my whims and fancies it is the experience i got by working with them. And i didnt say all the TN people are the same. I just gave a reality check for an attention seeker here.

I can answer you in a way you wont even think of returning to this forum, but i'd rather not in this platform among chest beaters. If the gover is not responsible for the ills of the country, who is responsible? Your parents? may be in another way!

really good for you! same can be said about yours as well. Looking at the indian posters here talking about education in india itself is a joke.

but still for a country comparison it is the country that is considered. Even if you take other countries same argument can be brought against them as well. After all this thread is not about country wise comparison but rather south and north. I commented regarding the self professed educated woman's comments regarding SL. Needed to bring her into reality. She is not the only one educated here and her brother is not the only one who went to Olympiad. :D (what a foolish comment from such a woman with such high intellect)

I am very sorry but u do understand,the kind of things being said here.

I couldn't hold myself.

I dont think,what i said.

I think you didn't answer my post properly.

I agree with the second and third paragraphs.

That's exactly what I said. By charging money, it will solve the money problem of universities at the same it will drive away students who are not really interested in education. Even Chinese universities charge money yet it has one of the largest educated populations in the world and is a successful country. If anything, we should follow the East Asian development model. I also think that the positive attitude towards education comes from culture. As Sri Lankan population is relatively modern, we do not have backward traditions when compared to our neighbours, take gender taboos for example, and education is also a sign of prestige among Lankans.

How havent I answered Your post?
My points were,
1. Free education was/is and will ne what gave opportunity to children from poor background even middle class to get degrees. Most of them have turned into useful professionals in SL serving the country. There is a professor (called Jayatillaka) who is now in a Singapore uni who doing PhD in physics who is actually from a very poor farming village in Dambulla and a disabled person. It is the free education that gave such people opportunity. So cancelling free education is a strict NO.

2. But my idea is we should allow people to do degrees in SL unis after paying for degrees as well. That is those who cant enter via ALs. That is we give opportunity to ones who enter via merit and by paying money as well.

3. I didnt say I am against foreign unis in SL, what i said was we should have GOOD quality foreign unis in a properly regulated manner. what SL gover does today is bringing not so good foreign unis without proper regulation thinking about money only. And priority should be given to local universities.

4. True that education sector can bring money. but also it is a very sensitive and an important sector in a country that should not be controlled by mudalalis.

I am very sorry but u do understand,the kind of things being said here.

I couldn't hold myself.

I dont think,what i said.

:) be more responsible and less foolish in your comments then. Thanks.

@HeinzG has a point as well. These JVP scum is destroying our education system. Sri lankan universities are not places to learn but to make gangs and "rule" places. Universities are at least closed for 1/4 of an year all thanks to JVP garbage. They protest against meaningless issues since that's what their existence all about.

Universities should be a place of conducting debate without any barriers. But in Sri Lanka it is a place of doubt whether you should shut up and take all the shite or respectively leave the university to the so called commie scum.

INHO those IUSF bastards should be shot in public.

Bihar per capita 450$, UP $600. Whole India $1250 and Pakistan $1450 as of last year, this june with updated figure Pak will reach $1600.

PPP is doesn't matter because no one update the prices regularly. Only Nominal GDP matters not fictional.

You have not given up lying even after being censured in various threads.

From World bank Data.

GDP Per Capita ( Real ) = $1489 ( India ) and $1257 ( Pakistan )

GDP per capita (current US$) | Data | Table

GDP Per Capita ( PPP ) = $3183 ( India ) and $2741 (Pakistan )

GDP per capita, PPP (current international $) | Data | Table

Back
Top Bottom