What's new

Why is the southern part of South Asia more developed than the northern part of South Asia

What do you mean? I just said what my mom told me about Tamil Nadu. One of her co-workers even recorded the roadside show.

The behaviour of most Sri lankans on this forum is somewhat disturbing. I'm not talking about specifically. Before coming on this forum, I had no idea that Sri Lankans are so anti India :lol: But it's a Pakistani forum so I guess it makes sense.

Only North Punjab is developed in Pakistan, rest of the Pakistani regions like South Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA lives in extreme poverty. Although I believe @Nuri Natt will deny this.
Abbottabad ao kabi, khushboo laga ke

Why the **** will you combine them? Also Sri Lanka is way way ahead of South India. And South India at best is comparable to Punjab. 3rd rate central african like states UP and Bihar in North doesn't mean every Northern South Asian area is not developed.

have you ever seen kerala?

Isn't that the place where Bin Laden was found? :lol::D:D:D
Yeh! Was hilarious when whites were saying he lived in a huge palace, his alleged compound was one of the smallest house in the area

Yeh! Was hilarious when whites were saying he lived in a huge palace, his alleged compound was one of the smallest house in the area

You've seen his house?? :what:o_O That must've been a surreal experience eh

Chandigarh is the wealthiest part in India.
Agreed. Cause few days ago i came to know that BSNL Landline & Broadband System is stationed in Chandigarh so for me that's the most important place in world :lol:

I ask again, what happened to Krrish Square project? I am waiting for it to start badly. I don't seen any news related to it anymore.
Bragging, eh?:azn::D

I ask again, what happened to Krrish Square project? I am waiting for it to start badly. I don't seen any news related to it anymore.

Krrish_Square.jpg

Krrish Square - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ow tikak hoyala balanna. ai eke news natte kialath hoyala balanna. krish project kianne ana gatta project ekak dan Lankan gov atha arapu. MR ge gon wada atharin ekak.

It was because of the Vijayanagara Empire and Maratha Empire that Sri Lanka never came under Turkic or Mughal rule.

True that empires in india avoided (not deliberately) invasions into SL. but instead we had to face invasions from South india which were equally disastrous. Between SL faced a 30 year terrorism. So your logic is half baked

Since always dude.

My brother went to IIT Madras,my village in deep south india has wifi,there are 3 nobel laureates from our clan and region,the atmosphere that we have is amazing.

I & my Bro went to great ICSE schools with a level of education that is truly amazing,my friend went to Math/Physics Olympiad in 1997 and He saw Israelis/Hungarians/Russians there but nobody else.

Our intellectual tradition is too good and the quality of our human resources has no equals in the subcontinent,only China would be fair competition.

I love SL,they are a nice country coming to terms with life after the end of the civil war.

Even their own vellalars from northern SL are bloody amazing people.

Just asking how do you know about the intellectual traditions in Sri lanka.? True that SI can boast about nobel laureates while SL cannot. But the individual accomplishments of few people do not show the real picture. Not only you there are many in SL who attend very good schools and even students from my own schools have attended Math/Physics Olympiad. I don’t think it is a suitable parameter.
One thing you got right is indian govern has invested in their own universities and you have very good universities. Instead SL gover is letting foreign universities to mushroom in SL without considering whether they would be actually beneficial to SL.
Points to ponder for gover supporters here like, @HeinzG, @Skyline and @Azizam

Dude!!

Indians especially South Indians are technically well educated.

May be true. what makes you think others are not?

I do not come from an illiterate,uneducated family like yours,

ask ur mom to go the kitchen and your sister to wherever u want her to,

i have managed a full team and most srilankans as on date wont even qualify for much.

it can remind you of whoever,thats not my interest.

Just giving facts,if it hurts ur ego,am not concerned.

The bold part shows what sort of an education you must have had :) you might have access to many good jobs that doesnt mean anyone else from SL or rest of subcontinent did not. That is a poor assumption and a stupid one coming from a very 'educated' lady

I have been to SL and seen it,giving these people an equal footing only helps them,

Just ignore n watch.

Did you go to Sln schools or SL universities?

Last edited:
So ??

India has some areas which are lagging in human development index and economy and at the same time there are regions which excel in S.Asia.

When India starts its reforms it is like a huge thing in the world :cheers:

The same story for almost all the countries.

But when comparing development based on countrywise you look at the whole country and do not look only at a part of a particular counrty or who went to Olympiad.

That's irrelevant,u can believe such surveys.

I have met lot of srilankan people,even top level executives but i dont see them as equals to the indian execs.

My facts are mere facts and the only relevant info here,you have no idea how surveys are done,mere quantitative trash.

anyone can do a survey n misrepresent facts.

Surveys can be misrepresntative but a correctly done with a good sample and a good survey method gives a good representation. As an educated person you should know about surveys and statistics. That is why the world is using them.

What you achieve or your family members achieve in their lifes is no parameter for measuring development of a country. The way you dismissed the surveys which was pointed out to you by skyline rather questions the education you got.

Your rant sounds me like a personal rant of a person who doesnt get an audience.

i live in a real world,managing a big business unit of a company,hiring n firing people.

u can keep wanking off to surveys.

The point is honey you are not the only one who does that.

this whole thread is showing ignorance of indians and nothing else:lol:

And also providing them an audience to boast their personal milestones as they have no audience elsewhere.

Last edited:
people who consider bihar, orissa, and other EASTERN states as North India are being disingenous. True North India is doing better than south in many ways. These eastern states cannot be called North India.

Typical Sri lankan.... there are no exceptions :lol:

how is it typical sri lankan? what Aziz said may be distasteful. But what about the egocentric but foolish attitudes of indians here.

Back
Top Bottom