What's new

Why is Karachi filthy?

because of 2 main reasons.

1) Karachi people have no regard for cleanness or their city , their work places .
2) Govt of PPP and MQM did nothing to clean the city .

Karachi people are dirty and they throw trash everywhere and anywhere, Paan Gukta and Chalia is one cause of that filth , this is how things work in Karachi, so for example someone find a open spot and throw one large bag of trash there, soon the the shop owners nearby will join throwing trash there, later the people of the area and the empty spot turn into a garbage dump, No Govt or Municipality come to pick it up so it piles up and this whole process is repeated in almost every major area of city. In Karachi places where Low educated Urdu speaking people, Pashtoo, Sindhi , Balouchi , Bangli's live are places where you will find most dirty places, Places like Korangi , Orangi , Sohrab Goat, Safora Goat ,Kati pahari etc , Place like Johar , Gulshan ,FB area were used to be clean but thanks to rift between MQM and PPPP , those areas are now stinking as sh!t . Afghans are another cause of increasing this trashy business, cause most of the Kachre wale are Afghans and they dump the trash not on point but random places, I have been to Afghan basti where mostly illegal Afghans live they don't let anyone go there and clean.

so I feel sad to see that even if you bring a better govt, the people and their habit of throwing trash and filth anywhere or everywhere will not go ending . We need to change things first on personal level than and only than Govt actions will bear fruits .

It all boils down to the people...
1)People cry and yell about how dirty their city is....
2)There is a cleanliness drive and karachi is cleaned
3)people throw their trash on the road/nalas and the city again becomes a heap of trash...

The cycle is again repeated...
Without people accepting their cvic responsibility karachi will never bee clean..

1) Overpopulation
2) Poor governance
There should be a limit to a city's population. Rather than developing new cities, new and new housing societies are being developed within or outside the cities; as a result the cities and its population keeps on expanding. Overpopulation problem is also in Lahore and other big cities.
Pakistan needs to have new cities. That can solve pollution problems etc.

Thanks for the half a dozen or so responses which address the problem.

Something else was mentioned on the talkshow I watched.

1. Some areas are owned by the railway and the port Trust. They are responsible for garbage collection in thier own areas.

Some companies collect waste at one place and dump it at another. Its cheaper than driving 3 hours out of the city to the landfill sites.

Because the people who rule the city aren't elected from there. PTI has 14/22 seats from Karachi but PPP is ruling over it because the slaves of interior Sindh think that Bhutto zinda Hai. Need to make Karachi a separate province.

Agreed buddy, Pee Pee Pee is a damn curse on Sindh with the treacherous 18th amendment which is not allowing Karachi to be cleaned and developed further, purely on administrative basis Karachi should be sepearate from Sindh.

Only way this ends is if Imran Khan declares governor rule in Sindh and separates Karachi from Sindh.

Off all the cities i have visited karachi must be the dirtiest so much garbage on the street sewer leakage evry where narrow roads
1) Overpopulation
2) Poor governance
There should be a limit to a city's population. Rather than developing new cities, new and new housing societies are being developed within or outside the cities; as a result the cities and its population keeps on expanding. Overpopulation problem is also in Lahore and other big cities.
Pakistan needs to have new cities. That can solve pollution problems etc.

I earn and pay my taxes in Pakistan, unlike you leeches who siphon off all your savings to your real homeland aka Gangadesh.
Yeah people like you on net say you pay taxes but but doesn't even have NTN. Go clean toilet in USA and pay taxes there stay there.

Now Lahore is filthy as well!
Whom shall we blame now?

khi maslihat ka shikar hogaya!!

partnership and all

Back
Top Bottom