What's new

Why is Karachi filthy?

Because its full of people who think they are indians and pakistani by mistake.

They should go back to india and beg the Hindutva not to lynch them and accept them back as newly converted hindus.

No they should give taxes while punjab agriculture tax exempt, kpk income tax exempt, balochistan tax income exempt. So basically karachities should hold the burden of whole pakistan pay tax and dont ask for clean karachi, repair road otherwise they are indans.

They should go back to india and beg the Hindutva not to lynch them and accept them back as newly converted hindus.
Where did you get this crap from?

Karachiites are the most patriotic Pakistanis. They actually had to struggle to get a separate homeland rather than get one while sitting at home. Plus they don't do bhai bhai with Punjabis on the other side of border like you people do.

No they should give taxes while punjab agriculture tax exempt, kpk income tax exempt, balochistan tax income exempt. So basically karachities should hold the burden of whole pakistan pay tax and dont ask for clean karachi, repair road otherwise they are indans.
PML-N and PPP had 10 years to legislate this; but it wasn't done.

Please dear do not start this ethnic war. The more income an area has, the more taxes it should pay. Every city should pay proportional to the size of its economy.

Please dear do not start this ethnic war. The more income an area has, the more taxes it should pay. Every city should pay proportional to the size of its economy.
I am not starter but reality should be check before spit out venom and I dont agree about 2nd part nor other will as this will lead ppl to become nonfiler to rest of their lives as they will see it unjustice to them

I am not starter but reality should be check before spit out venom and I dont agree about 2nd part nor other will as this will lead ppl to become nonfiler to rest of their lives as they will see it unjustice to them
Who spit venom?.. It is @Clutch and then you responded in the kind

And I gave him a shut up call and why could your brain not process it?
Where did you get this crap from?

And I addressed your rant with kindness

Who is spitting venom here? People especially Karachite know me very well since I have always stood against any abuse hurled against them, supported them and they all know. But that does not mean I would allow the reverse to happen without me countering it. We need to think beyond ethnicities and as Pakistanis.

Last edited:
I live in Karachi and it's not media hype it's a reality for us. Only some parts like Defence, Clifton are cleaner or maybe the main roads where garbage is collected regularly. Rest of Karachi is full of garbage and sewerage spilling on roads.
I also live in Karachi and not in the affluent areas. The issue is more with people who throw garbage in any empty plot they see which piles up as other join in to make the place a garbage dump. If you tell them they get angry. The same problem is why drains get blocked and sewerage spill on the streets. If people miss the "jamadar", they will conveniently line the closest avenue with trash. The trash collecting system they have introduced is a joke. The quantity of bins is so small that trash piles up around it. I don't think they pick that up.

Karachi walo no offence intended. This might be the case for loads of cities, but the only one I am seeing in the media is Karachi.

I want to know if anyone knows how it got that bad? Does it has garbage collection? Do all areas have garbage collection? Is the garbage collection adequate for the volume of garbage? Mustafa Kemal is on ARY news right now talking about 13,000 tons of garbage a day.

Does collected garbage go to landfill? Is there any recycling scheme? Are there incinerators?
From CM to Commissioners to police heads, SSGC, house building, KMC, water board, baldia everything, every post is occupied by the guys, who go to their homes at weekends to interior Sindh.
Karachi jin hathon main dydia gaya hai, woh Karachi ko sirf shikar gah samajhtay hain, or 99% log Karachi k nahi hain.
Aap Lahore k sath yeh kerky daikhain, khud pta chal jaeyga.
Ham hukumat se gila kerty hain tu hamain Ghaddar keh ker hamara monh band kerdia jata hai.
Better make Karachi a separate metropolitan state.

Who spit venom?.. It is @Clutch and then you responded in the kind

And I gave him a shut up call and why could your brain not process it?

And I addressed your rant with kindness

Who is spitting venom here? People especially Karachite know me very well since I have always stood against any abuse hurled against them and they all know. But that does not mean I would allow the reverse to happen with me countering it. We need to think beyond ethnicities and as Pakistanis.
bro i meant spit venom by him as you can see his message and it was not meant for you.

Karachi walo no offence intended. This might be the case for loads of cities, but the only one I am seeing in the media is Karachi.

I want to know if anyone knows how it got that bad? Does it has garbage collection? Do all areas have garbage collection? Is the garbage collection adequate for the volume of garbage? Mustafa Kemal is on ARY news right now talking about 13,000 tons of garbage a day.

Does collected garbage go to landfill? Is there any recycling scheme? Are there incinerators?

I'd like to see these questions genuinely answered. I am completely ignorant about this subject and I noticed a lot of garbage in Rawalpindi also earlier in the year and really wondered who is in charge of cleaning up and where all the crap goes.

bro i meant spit venom by him as you can see his message and it was not meant for you.
OK then it is all good. I hope my bro @Clutch also changes his mind. I have lived in Karachi for short duration and my impression of Karachites is very positive so far. Rest all cities have good and bad people.

Overpopulation is the main cause of filth not just in Karachi but all other big cities in Pakistan. Also the infrastructure for cleaning the garbage on sustainable basis is NOT in place anywhere in Pakistan. Cleaning sector does not attract "employees" from a diverse pool of population but rather attached to some "fixed communities" (wouldn't name them, people know about them), those guys are just not enough to manage the volume of garbage that is being generated all over Pakistan in recent times particularly in big mega cities.

In short we need heavy investment and even "research and development" in the cleaning sector in Pakistan. We need to detach it from the notion of a "taboo job". We need to BUY and Utilize the latest cleaning methods, techniques and equipment from countries which are known to keep their cities clean of garbage on sustained basis. In Pakistan we are still using "Jharu" (baukar or Manja in punjabi) whereas the rest of the world has developed sophisticated equipment for cleaning purposes. Also cleaning sector is quite big in the so-called "clean countries" of europe and america, it generates a lot of employment for people without any formal education/diplomas. Without massive investments in cleaning sector all over Pakistan, we cannot ensure sustained cleaning of garbage in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom