What's new

Why is Iran upset with Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up with Iranians being treated like their sh*t don't stink whilst they funded Shia terrorist groups in Pakistan to spread sectarianism. Their actions are questionable, I do not trust.
What is the name of the Shia terror group Iran is supporting in Pakistan and why is the Pakistan's democratic government tolerating such behavior from Iran?
"Iran is not important for us right now"- BUt Pakistanis like you have created this thread to TALK specifically about IRAN..talk is cheap.

smfh..lmao.

whose better?

ACtually its Saudi Arabia that is upset, because its been shunned. Iranian embassy in Kabul is 1 of 4 that was allowed to keep operating. lol..i think you're projecting....Iran already made its private peace deal with the Taliban ,and they've both followed it, so whats there really for Iran to get mad about? Iran already smartly is AFghanistan's top trade partner and supplier of hydrocarbons/oil and gas,so IRan actually has Afghanistan where Iran needs Afghanistan to be. done!
What a silly silly bunch! :omghaha:

There maybe reasons to this, iran have lost something in Afghanistan. But if the official govt is not stating it publicly, then it means its something they r ready to let go. They may just show frustration through unofficial sources. I say we should not be too concerned about if for now and let it slide.
What exactly has Iran lost in Afghanistan now that the Taliban are in power? I don't know if you know this but the Ashraf Ghani Government was very anti-Iranian and had even cut off the flow of river water from Afghanistan into Iran. The Taliban have resumed the flow of water into Iran since taking over meaning that they are actually more friendly towards Iran than the former Afghan government! Heck the IEA have even painted over anti Iranian mural in Kabul recently. So again what do you think Iran has lost in Afghanistan?

one nuke will stop as pa ex general said iranian airforce is garbage and brother of iaf
Very interesting debate is going on here … and for some liberal elements in Iran are behind this “ho ha” and this should not be taken “so seriously” … some stated that Iran sees Taliban govt will eventually decrease their role (whatever it is) in Afghanistan … but IF that was the case WHY Iran did not activate it’s so called proxy expertise against Taliban when Taliban was swiftly taking over Afghanistan one City at a time … so this theory have some doubts … it might be possible that someone very close to Iran was eliminated by Taliban in Panjshir Valley offensive and that was NOT part of the script between Taliban and Iran … IMHO it is in the best interest of Iran to have some patience and wait for Taliban Govt to be accepted by the key regional players and so the fog of uncertainty goes away from security, social and power sharing perspective and then engage itself to be “a positive factor” in strengthening regional cooperation to be able to legitimize itself for the piece of the pie of the upcoming “economic progress” …

How hard (well it might be very hard for some in the Muslim world) it is to understand that any outstanding or protruding issues should be dealt among themselves in a peaceful manner without giving any room for the FARANGIS to poke their nose to implement their infamous “divide and conquer” policies against them …
Ahmad Masoud is very close with the French Zionist Bernard-henry Levi and has not once asked Iran for help. Why would Iran want to help Ahmad Masoud when he is clearly a zionist stooge?

Ahmadinejad has been sounding like a complete liberal lately. No one in Iran's government takes him seriously anymore. He was even barred from running in the last presidential Elections this summer!
We Pakistanis don't act like an enemy on state level towards Iran, no matter how much we get hurt or are pressurized by some other countries.
Iran however acts differently. And a large number of intelligentia in Pakistan are questioning that stance now.

I am sorry, not cutting the mustard. Majority of anti Pakistan activities, like giving Iranian soil as launch base to India to conduct terror campaign against Pakistan was initiated around the time he was in charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry, not cutting the mustard. Majority of anti Pakistan activities, like giving Iranian soil as launch base to India to conduct terror campaign against Pakistan was initiated around the time he was in charge.

The majority of calls to confront the Taleban are coming from the reformist and centrist camp. Do a survey of Iranian media to find out. Yes, Ahmadinejad too has made some statements but he is not the main driving force behind the anti-Taleban media campaign because his influence is limited and he has largely been sidelined within the system. Simultaneously, it is the revolutionary factions and the IRGC which have been trying to find some common ground with the Taleban in the past years.

I'm not interested in an Iran vs Pakistan proxy comparison or any sort of d*ck measuring for that matter...so if u want to engage in a debate...keep it as such...see below...

As other members here have pointed out...what exactly is the use of all these proxies Iran is backing in multiple middle eastern countries? Is it accomplishing anything other than bloodshed and miserable lives for ppl? They are Muslims predominantly(whatever sect...doesn't matter) and even if not Muslims...ppl are just ppl. They deserve a chance at life...security...livelihood...the same as u and I.

If u r gonna make the argument of "national security"...then plz back it up accordingly with proper reasoning. In case of Pakistan backing proxies in Afghanistan...
...the whole civil war, bloodshed stuff applies there too...but at least u can see the "national security" reasoning there. During the times of propping up Mujahideen...there was a pro Soviet(and anti Pak) Afghan government at first and then Soviet Union(Soviet Union and Pakistan being on opposite sides) itself came to Afghanistan(militarily). So with India on one side...and a hostile Afghanistan on the other...being engaged on two fronts...it became a matter of survival.
Similar situation occurred after the US invasion of Afghanistan and under the puppet Afghan government...India started to fund anti Pak elements...with a porous open border...Pak suffered heavily at the hands of these Indian sponsored proxies operating out of Afghanistan. So it became necessary to arm/support the opposing force and again secure Pakistan's western front.

In both cases u see a clear goal...and steps taken to achieve that goal...which fit within the umbrella of "national security".

Now let's look at Iran's backed proxies. What do they hope to gain in Iraq? A pro Iran government? What then? How terrible would it be if Iran didn't support proxies in Iraq? Worst case scenario...there comes an anti Iran government in Iraq? Is it really a threat to Iran? Iraq of today doesn't compare to what it once was or had to potential to be...it is a mere former shadow of itself when it comes to its economy and military prowess. It does not present a threat to Iran...at this time.

In Syria...what does Iran hope to gain? The only thing I can see would be to support anti Israel proxies? So they can strike at Israel...while staying outside Israeli borders(in neighboring Syria)? I don't see any other goal that may align with Iran...so why play a role in destabilizing it? U can support anti Israel proxies in a stable Syria as well.

What about Yemen? Even if it became pro Saudi...so what? It poses no threat to Iran.

All this senseless chaos and bloodshed...when it doesn't even pose an existential threat to u as a nation...
...how is it any different than what US does? Or what the Soviet Union did? Just vying for some hegemony?
@925boy @Muhammed45
What does Iran hope to Achieve with its proxis you ask? Well we do not view them as our proxies but groups that hold similar interests to us and have asked for our support in combatting our mutual enemies.

Iraq (Hashd al Shabii)- what Iran was able to achieve was initially keeping as much of Iraq from falling into Daesh hands including not only Bagdad but also Iraqi Kurdistan at a time when the entire U.S led coalition was just sitting on its hands and not lifting a finger to help Iraq's government against the rise of Daesh that the CIA had created in the first place. Then taking back large swaths of territory and helping defeat Deash in Iraq. Keeping Iraq from ever bringing to power another maniac like Saddam Hussain that would try to invade Iran again. So far so good. Remember that Iraq was for a very long time a part of ancient Iran and that our people share a natural bond.

Lebanon (Hezbollah)- What Iran was able to achieve was liberating southern Lebanon from a 22 year Israeli Military occupation. Defeating the 2006 Israeli invasion's of Lebanon. Keeping one of the most useful parts of the Axis of Resistance on Israel's border for the future liberation of Palestine.

Syria- What Iran was able to achieve is keeping Bashar Al Assad in power meaning that Syria remains in the Axis of Resistance and a conduit for supplying Hezbollah for Iran for the future Liberation of Palestine.

Yemen (Ansar Allah) giving them the means to resist Saudi aggression and defeating their plans of keeping Yemen under the rule of their stooge Hadi.

Palestine ( Islamic Jihad & Hamas) Giving them the means to carry out resistance against the Zionist occupation in Palestine and strengthening them for the future upcomm9ing liberation of Palestine. Just look at what they were able to accomplish against Israel a few months ago! Iran transferred its rocket know how to the Palestinians to make them self sufficient and not reliant on Iran for their rocket arsenal. Iran has even given them drone technology which they demonstrated with good effect this summer.

Iran had also given military aid in the form of fighters to Bosnia Herzegovina during the war in the Balkans and also to Azerbaijan against Armenia during the first Naborno Karabakh war!
We Pakistanis don't act like an enemy on state level towards Iran, no matter how much we get hurt or are pressurized by some other countries.
Iran however acts differently. And a large number of intelligentia in Pakistan are questioning that stance now.
On a state level Iran has always had good relations with Pakistan. I see a lot of sensitive people here reacting to what some people outside of Iran's government are saying about Pakistan.

Iran is not a friend. Iran is deeply involved in proxies and panjshir is a major disaster for Iran. Selected government officials of taliban don't see any role of Iran. Iran wanted presence of it's own people in the government. Countries look at their own interest first. They have targeted Pakistan and tried to malign our image despite brotherly relations lie. Kulbhushan is in jail from a long time now. We are a country who sacrificed it's own interest for fake brotherly relations. Iran is playing with Pakistan from a long time now. Iran does have people in our government. They can alter our approach but they can't alter strategy of Think tanks.

BLA problem is not hidden. Everyday, Soldiers die. People in country are scared to name and shame Iran. No proxy survives without assistance. Biggest evidence of Irani intelligence involvement is iranian passport of kulbhushan. Nobody will help us until we help ourselves. Easy way to handle Iran is to cooperate with Americans. Either sacrifice country for brotherly relations or save country by hurting enemies.

Number of rumours going on but does any one know why Iran is upset with Pak on Afghan government?

Were they looking for more role in new IEA government?

Reliable sources have claimed that Pak and US have had a detailed discussion on this and Pak agreed to US that they wont let Iran take advantage of situation in Afghanistan. Pak through a third country ( ? China ? US) agreed with Israel for no role of Iran in new Afghan government. Not sure what will Pak get in return for these favours, however things have been agreed upon, we ll see them in coming months.

Iranian are not stupid, every thing in Iranian media is tightly monitored and regulated , we can't simply ignore as an individual's opinion when Ahmedinijad spoke to Indian TV ( ? Why he chose India Television is also a strong signal of unhappiness with Pak) . They know that as a mater of fact that Pakistan had no role in Panjshir events. Also Iran has no sympathy with resistance, if they were sympathetic they would have given asylum to leadership of resistance. Expect some senior Indian leadership travelling to Iran or vice versa, to send strong signals to Pakistan.

There is defiantly something else going on .

Any sane opinions please?
I think it's a typical staunch sunni vs shia problem.

The majority of calls to confront the Taleban are coming from the reformist and centrist camp. Do a survey of Iranian media to find out. Yes, Ahmadinejad too has made some statements but he is not the main driving force behind the anti-Taleban media campaign because his influence is limited and he has largely been sidelined within the system. Simultaneously, it is the revolutionary factions and the IRGC which have been trying to find some common ground with the Taleban in the past years.

The guy is a ex president!! And he is no liberal or expact venting non sense. His diatribes at this very sensitive moment in regional situation, where all MUST be careful in their utterances, clearly has spoiled the regional good will which is vital to collective regional peace and stability.

You claim to follow Persians, any rebuttal from Persian establishment and their so called IRGC? If there is no rebuttal that means Ahmadinejad diatribes got their blessings.

Look, rather be a tout for Persians, be Pakistani and question everything and anything when it comes to forigen nations. This is how mature and self respecting nations act, guarding their national interests jealously.

The guy is a ex president!!

You should research what trajectory his political career took after his presidency. His close aide Hamid Baghai sentenced to a huge prison term, himself getting barred by the Guardian Council from running at the 2021 presidential election, and his newly found provocative habit of giving interviews to foreign anti-Iran media. So yes, an ex-president, but one who has since switched positions and turned his guns on the revolutionary establishment.

And he is no liberal or expact venting non sense. His diatribes at this very sensitive moment in regional situation, where all MUST be careful in their utterances, clearly has spoiled the regional good will which is vital to collective regional peace and stability.

The Pakistani government surely knows that Ahmadinejad is everything but a messenger for the current Iranian government. Don't doubt it.

If the position of Raisi and the IRGC evolves, that's another matter. But Ahmadinejad isn't relevant here.

You claim to follow Persians, any rebuttal from Persian establishment and their so called IRGC? If there is no rebuttal that means Ahmadinejad diatribes got their blessings.

You can find many rebuttals of the liberal media campaign on Afghanistan by revolutionary activists. I will post examples soon when I get the time. For instance, Hossein Shariatmadari, influential editor of the Keyhan newspaper who is said to be close to the Supreme Leader, recently ridiculed the reformists by inviting them to leave people alone and join the "Islahatiyoun Brigade" if they are really so eager to fight the Taleban!

Look, rather be a tout for Persians, be Pakistani and question everything and anything when it comes to forigen nations. This is how mature and self respecting nations act, guarding their national interests jealously.

I don't know what the future will bring but right now I'm just stating facts when I say Ahmadinejad is sidelined by Iran's establishment today and that the main voice for action against the Taleban are the reformists and so-called moderates.

Last edited:
You should research what trajectory his political career took after his presidency. His close aide Hamid Baghai sentenced to a huge prison term, himself getting barred by the Guardian Council from running at the 2021 presidential election, and his newly found provocative habit of giving interviews to foreign anti-Iran media. So yes, an ex-president, but one who has since switched positions and turned his guns on the revolutionary establishment.

The Pakistani government surely knows that Ahmadinejad is everything but a messenger for the current Iranian government. Don't doubt it.

If the position of Raisi and the IRGC evolves, that's another matter. But Ahmadinejad isn't relevant here.

You can find many rebuttals of the liberal media campaign on Afghanistan by revolutionary activists. I will post examples soon when I get the time. For instance, Hossein Shariatmadari, influential editor of the Keyhan newspaper, recently ridiculed the reformists by inviting them to leave people alone and join the "Islahatiyoun Brigade" if they are really so eager to fight the Taleban.

I don't know what the future will bring but I'm not lying to you when I say Ahmadinejad is sidelined by Iran's establishment today and that the main voice for action against the Taleban are the reformists and so-called moderates in Iran.

What non sense!!

Persian foreign ministry is "investigating" Pakistani interference in Panjsher!! What bloody non sense, a third world rat hole talking big, and read this inline with Ahmadinejad utterance. Its crystal clear the Persian establishment is back on it's back stabbing ways. As I said, stop being tout of Persians, it's an embarrassment to see you wiping their asses.

Iran is not a friend. Iran is deeply involved in proxies and panjshir is a major disaster for Iran. Selected government officials of taliban don't see any role of Iran. Iran wanted presence of it's own people in the government. Countries look at their own interest first. They have targeted Pakistan and tried to malign our image despite brotherly relations lie. Kulbhushan is in jail from a long time now. We are a country who sacrificed it's own interest for fake brotherly relations. Iran is playing with Pakistan from a long time now. Iran does have people in our government. They can alter our approach but they can't alter strategy of Think tanks.

BLA problem is not hidden. Everyday, Soldiers die. People in country are scared to name and shame Iran. No proxy survives without assistance. Biggest evidence of Irani intelligence involvement is iranian passport of kulbhushan. Nobody will help us until we help ourselves. Easy way to handle Iran is to cooperate with Americans. Either sacrifice country for brotherly relations or save country by hurting enemies.

A) Iran has NOTHING to do with this current Panjshir resistance led by Ahmad Masoud and his zionist pal Bernard Henry Levi. If you have any proof of this then please post it here.

B) Iran has its own problem with Baluch separatists who have killed their fair share of Iranian forces including IRGC. Why on earth would Iran support Baluch separatists across the border when impowering them in Pakistan means having to fight them on Iran's side of the border later? This makes no sense unless you view Iranians as some kind of evil morons!

Stop being Paranoid thinking Iran is against Pakistan when it clearly is not. Sure some people in Iran might not like Pakistan's position in Afghanistan and some may even protest on the street against Pakistan some other things but that does not mean that Iran as a whole is anti-Pakistan. The more people like you try to cause a wedge between our two countries and stir hostility towards Iran, the more Iran will be forced to align her self with India. Trust me you do not want to wake up one day and find yourself sandwiched between a hostile Iran and India. It will not work out for you too well!

Man what a load of nonsense and conspiracy theories. Pakistan intelligence and army knows what is going on in that area. That is why the relations between Pakistan and Iran remain good. Forum posts and conspiracy theories are no evidence. But i do agree that Indian rat activities in their embassy in Tehran and border areas must be monitored.

You are free to pick up a map of the Middle East and point at the places where we are not active. Pakistan is active in only one barren wasteland aka Afghanistan and can direct all her resources to that cause. Iran is in many other theatres.

Thank You for admitting that you are the biggest exporter of Terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom