What's new

Why is Brazil ranked above Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#9 Brazil
#10 Pakistan

As you may already have seen before Pakistan is ranked number 10. Very surprising to see that Brazil is ranked on 9th place above Pakistan. Brazil air force has 47 F-5, 31 Embraer EMB 314, 46 AMX International AMX. The only modern 4th generation they have is Jas gripen and only 36 of them. No comparision with PAF. Not to mention that PAF pilots are some of the best trained.

Comparing army they have arond 450 old outdated Leopard 1s. Pakistan has 170 VT-4s in service with total 300 on order. Also 320 3rd generation T-80UD. Around 500 3rd generation Al-Khalids. Better artillery, more soldiers in active and reserve personnel. More and better Attack Helicopters.

The only place where Brazil might be stronger is Navv. But that should not be surprising considering their huge coastline. Also even in that they are not that far ahead.

So what might be the reason? Pakistan should be 9th and Brazil 10th in reality.
Why didnt you ask that Pakistan jumped from 15th (in 2020) to 10th (in 2021) ?

Ever heard of the saying "armies march on their stomachs"? Brazilian economy is far larger than Pakistan and could sustain a war. What would Pakistan do? Approach IMF for a loan to fight a war?
Pakistan has been fighting a war since 2002, its been 19 years now, almost the same as USA's war in Afghanistan. While some NATO countries packed up and left Afghanistan, even though they were economically stronger than Pakistan, the Pakistani Military is still fighting a continuing war on 3 fronts - LOC ,western border and troubled areas inside Pakistan.

Give some credit where due.

Pakistan is a layer or two of bad decision-makers away from being a really strong economic and military power. It has all of the right natural ingredients (i.e., geo-strategic location, population, and -- in absolute numbers -- skilled workforce) to rise. Unfortunately, a layer of bad decision-makers is evidently incredibly difficult to get rid of, but if we do, nothing will stop us (except for a relapse of returning to bad leaders).

#9 Brazil
#10 Pakistan

As you may already have seen before Pakistan is ranked number 10. Very surprising to see that Brazil is ranked on 9th place above Pakistan. Brazil air force has 47 F-5, 31 Embraer EMB 314, 46 AMX International AMX. The only modern 4th generation they have is Jas gripen and only 36 of them. No comparision with PAF. Not to mention that PAF pilots are some of the best trained.

Comparing army they have arond 450 old outdated Leopard 1s. Pakistan has 170 VT-4s in service with total 300 on order. Also 320 3rd generation T-80UD. Around 500 3rd generation Al-Khalids. Better artillery, more soldiers in active and reserve personnel. More and better Attack Helicopters.

The only place where Brazil might be stronger is Navv. But that should not be surprising considering their huge coastline. Also even in that they are not that far ahead.

So what might be the reason? Pakistan should be 9th and Brazil 10th in reality.

how number one army is on tenth number ?

And above all Pakistan is a nuclear power
nukes can't bring IMF loan . all fire power is show power.
Only those Pakistanis will compare Pakistan to Brazil who haven't been to Brazil. Its like a European country for the most parts , with pockets of poverty.
Pakistan army's performance in the last 2 conflicts in kargil and 71 , against a 3rd world opponent was dismal. Brazil with its developed industrial infrastructure will eat Pakistan for breakfast.
very true .

Last edited:
Think Tank :lol:
Yes, a think tank, because I'm able to analyze long term. I don't care about propaganda, and only look at trends.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest talking to the administrators, instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks.

I find it funny how you basically ignore my entire comment to focus on 12 words. Good job.

Brazil is richer than Pakistan, has a bigger industrial base than Pakistan, has more access to natural resources than Pakistan, and has a far more developed military industry than Pakistan.

You tell me.

Also, Pakistan buys Brazilian weapons, including the MAR-1 missile.

then Turkey should be above Brazil and Pakistan

Turkey has great NATO technology , enough money for over 700 indigenous military projects , superior Navy and Airforce , military bases abroad , great UCAV technology , well trained and real combat experienced huge Army , etc

then Turkey should be above Brazil and Pakistan

Turkey has great NATO technology , enough money for over 700 indigenous military projects , superior Navy and Airforce , military bases abroad , great UCAV technology , well trained and real combat experienced huge Army , etc
This was about Pakistan and Brazil, but...

Turkey is ahead in the UAV sector, no competition. Brazil has nothing that can match the Anka, and the Bayraktar.

However...

Turkey's economy is still behind Brazil, and Turkey's aviation industry is still in its starting stages, while Brazil has a well known successful international aviation brand.

Brazil's military also has experience, mainly fighting insurgents for decades, and retired Brazilian soldiers often end up working as mercs due to their experience as battle hardened soldiers.

When it comes to missile technology, I want to say that they're about on par, but Brazil has sold missiles to Pakistan. However, I'm unsure of how comparable they both are.

I won't speak on Navy, as I have no clue as to Brazil's naval manufacturing base. I will say that Brazil operates an aircraft carrier battle group, so make of that what you will.

As for NATO tech. Brazil may not be a member of NATO, but its ties to the US has made it so that Brazil has access to NATO tech, and is very much up to NATO standard in many cases.

Thats the best I got, feel free to correct me here.

Last edited:
Yes, a think tank, because I'm able to analyze long term. I don't care about propaganda, and only look at trends.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest talking to the administrators, instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks.

I find it funny how you basically ignore my entire comment to focus on 12 words. Good job.

Russia won’t be in the top 10 military powers in 20 years. Come on bruh :lol:

Turkey's economy is still behind Brazil, and Turkey's aviation industry is still in its starting stages, while Brazil has a well known successful international aviation brand.

there are only 1 Brazilian Defense company in top 100 , on the other land 7 Turkish Defense companies in top 100

BRAZIL : Embraer ( 79 )

TURKEY : Aselsan ( 48 ) , Turkish Aerospace Industries ( 53 ) , BMC ( 89 ) , Roketsan ( 91 ) STM (92 ) , FNSS ( 98 ) Havelsan ( 99 )

only Turkish AKINCI UCAV is enough to wipe out Brazilian Army and Navy combined or Greek+Egyptian Navies combined .. even Indian Navy

Brazil is lucky that is so far away from Turkey

Turkish Aerospace Industries

-- ANKA-S and AKINCI UCAVs
-- T-129 Attack Helicopter
-- HURKUS Trainer and light attack Aircraft
-- T-625 Utility Helicopter
-- GOKTURK Military Satellite

and ongoing projects

-- T-629 6 tons class Attack Helicopter by 2022
-- T-929 10 tons class Attack Helicopter by 2023
-- 10 tons class TAI Utility Helicopter
-- HURJET jet trainer and ligh attack Jet by 2022
-- MMU Fighter Jet by 2025

Brazil's military also has experience, mainly fighting insurgents for decades, and retired Brazilian soldiers often end up working as mercs due to their experience as battle hardened soldiers.

even only Turkish Gendarmerie and Police special forces are stronger than Brazilian Army

Brazil is fighting only drug cartels , nothing else

since 1990s Turkey is fighting the US , the EU , İran backed PKK Terror organization
also Turkish Army in İraq , Syria , Libya to fight PKK/YPG , ASSAD Regime , IRGC , HEZBOLAH , HAFTAR , WAGNER , The Uae , France , etc

When it comes to missile technology, I want to say that they're about on par, but Brazil has sold missiles to Pakistan. However, I'm unsure of how comparable they both are.

Turkey has superior Missile technology to Brazil

-- OMTAS latest technology anti Tank Missile ....( 4 km range and top attack capability )
-- KARAOK anti Tank Missile ... ( similar to American JAVELIN )
-- SUNGUR MANPADS
-- 40 km TRG-122 guided MLRS
-- 70 km TRLG-230 laserguided MLRS
-- 120 km TRG-300 guided MLRS
-- 150 km J600T Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 280/1.000 km KHAN/BORA Ballistic Missile

-- 275 km SOM-J network enabled air launched Cruise Missile
-- 250 km ATMACA Anti ship Missile .. also ground to ground variant )

-- 8 km CIRIT laser guided Rocket for Attack Helicopters
-- 8 km MIZRAK-U Anti Tank Missile for Attack Helicopters
-- 30 km TEMREN Missile for Navy Helicopters

-- HISAR-A low altitude Air Defense System
-- HISAR-O medium Air Defense System

-- 25 km BOZDOGAN air to air missile
-- 65 km GOKDOGAN air to air missile

and ongoing missile projects

-- AKBABA Anti radiotion Missile
-- SAPAN Rolling Airframe Missile
-- Supersonic Anti ship Missile
-- Anti-ship Ballistic Missile
-- AKDOGAN ( RAMJET powered long range air to air missile )
-- GEZGIN long range ( 1.000+ km ) land and naval based Cruise Missile
-- MRASHM Anti ship Missile ( range of 100-150 km )
-- SIPER high altitude Air Defense Missile
-- GUMS anti-Ballistic Missile

also long range Turkish guided Bombs

-- 100 km SDB
-- 110 km KUZGUN with IIR seeker to hit even moving targets
-- 150km KGK-LR with IIR seeker to hit even moving targets

even I am not talking about American,İsraeli,Russian missiles in the Turkish Armed Forces

-- STINGER
-- HELFIRE
-- TOW
-- KORNET
-- ATACMS
-- AIM-9x
-- AIM-120C7
-- SM-1MR
-- ESSM
-- S400
-- HARM
-- SLAM-ER
-- POPEYE

I won't speak on Navy, as I have no clue as to Brazil's naval manufacturing base.

Brazilian Navy is so tiny and outdated to compare with Turkish Navy

also Brazilian Airforce is so tiny and outdated to compare with Turkish Airforce

As for NATO tech. Brazil may not be a member of NATO, but its ties to the US has made it so that Brazil has access to NATO tech, and is very much up to NATO standard in many cases.

Brazil is nothing to do with NATO technology

also Turkish Armed Forces have network centric warfare and cooperative engagement capabilities , great Electronic Warfare capabilities and long range large scale operation capabilities

Last edited:
Brazil have an well equipped armed forces along with a good defence budget and quite a lot of money,

I Assure you that Brazil is not even remotely close to be being well armed like Pakistan or even 20% heavily armed like Pakistan. Having a neighbour like India forced pakistan to start lifting weights since the 60s and in an constant pace. Brazil has no motive to arm itself while Pakistan do and did it in aggressive manner. Brazil won't be able to either keep up with Pakistan in the next 20-30 years they are going on a different pace.

Smaller countries are even more heavily armed then Brazil countries like Taiwan, Spain, Algeria, UAE or South Korea forget about bigger countries Brazil focusses on fighting poverty since there is no competition for them in the corner of the world where they exist but here in the east whether it is Europe, North Africa or Asia there is competition

Last edited:
Just the navy alone going to add a lot of points for Brazil. They have an aircraft carrier and have at least limited power projection capabilities.
The problem with their carrier is that its small, and only carries helicopters and drones. I don't know how valid it would even be in terms of force projection. Its a perfectly capable craft for coastal defense though.

Turkish naval surface ships are also more modern. I think Brazil's submarine force might be better though, but that's only from what I remember from a long time ago.

there are only 1 Brazilian Defense company in top 100 , on the other land 7 Turkish Defense companies in top 100

BRAZIL : Embraer ( 79 )

TURKEY : Aselsan ( 48 ) , Turkish Aerospace Industries ( 53 ) , BMC ( 89 ) , Roketsan ( 91 ) STM (92 ) , FNSS ( 98 ) Havelsan ( 99 )

only Turkish AKINCI UCAV is enough to wipe out Brazilian Army and Navy combined or Greek+Egyptian Navies combined .. even Indian Navy

Brazil is lucky that is so far away from Turkey

Turkish Aerospace Industries

-- ANKA-S and AKINCI UCAVs
-- T-129 Attack Helicopter
-- HURKUS Trainer and light attack Aircraft
-- T-625 Utility Helicopter
-- GOKTURK Military Satellite

and ongoing projects

-- T-629 6 tons class Attack Helicopter by 2022
-- T-929 10 tons class Attack Helicopter by 2023
-- 10 tons class TAI Utility Helicopter
-- HURJET jet trainer and ligh attack Jet by 2022
-- MMU Fighter Jet by 2025

even only Turkish Gendarmerie and Police special forces are stronger than Brazilian Army

Brazil is fighting only drug cartels , nothing else

since 1990s Turkey is fighting the US , the EU , İran backed PKK Terror organization
also Turkish Army in İraq , Syria , Libya to fight PKK/YPG , ASSAD Regime , IRGC , HEZBOLAH , HAFTAR , WAGNER , The Uae , France , etc

Turkey has superior Missile technology to Brazil

-- OMTAS latest technology anti Tank Missile ....( 4 km range and top attack capability )
-- KARAOK anti Tank Missile ... ( similar to American JAVELIN )
-- SUNGUR MANPADS
-- 40 km TRG-122 guided MLRS
-- 70 km TRLG-230 laserguided MLRS
-- 120 km TRG-300 guided MLRS
-- 150 km J600T Tactical Ballistic Missile
-- 280/1.000 km KHAN/BORA Ballistic Missile

-- 275 km SOM-J network enabled air launched Cruise Missile
-- 250 km ATMACA Anti ship Missile .. also ground to ground variant )

-- 8 km CIRIT laser guided Rocket for Attack Helicopters
-- 8 km MIZRAK-U Anti Tank Missile for Attack Helicopters
-- 30 km TEMREN Missile for Navy Helicopters

-- HISAR-A low altitude Air Defense System
-- HISAR-O medium Air Defense System

and ongoing missile projects

-- AKBABA Anti radiotion Missile
-- SAPAN Rolling Airframe Missile
-- Supersonic Anti ship Missile
-- Anti-ship Ballistic Missile
-- AKDOGAN ( RAMJET powered long range air to air missile )
-- SIPER long range ( 1.000+ km ) land and naval based Cruise Missile
-- MRASHM Anti ship Missile ( range of 100-150 km )
-- SIPER high altitude Air Defense Missile
-- GUMS anti-Ballistic Missile

Brazilian Navy is so tiny and outdated to compare with Turkish Navy

also Brazilian Airforce is so tiny and outdated to compare with Turkish Navy

Brazil is nothing to do with NATO technology

also Turkish Armed Forces have network centric warfare and cooperative engagement capabilities , great Electronic Warfare capabilities and long range large scale operation capabilities

Whoa dude, I wasn't trying to offend you, that really was all I got. I know very little about Brazil other than a few factoids, and the little I've read; You asked me a question, and I tried answering the best I could.

Also, giving me a list of Turkey made isn't necessarily a good way to make your argument. A direct comparison would be more appropriate, system by system. I'd do it myself, but I really don't have the patience to do so.
Russia won’t be in the top 10 military powers in 20 years. Come on bruh :lol:
Are you agreeing with me, or disagreeing?

Also, its more like 20 to 30 years, yes. Russia will always have its nukes, but its falling way too far behind.

If your simply going for economy then Germany should be above Russia.

Not in terms of PPP.
Brazil is richer than Pakistan, has a bigger industrial base than Pakistan, has more access to natural resources than Pakistan, and has a far more developed military industry than Pakistan.

You tell me.

Also, Pakistan buys Brazilian weapons, including the MAR-1 missile.

Brazil makes airliners. Pakistan does not. Brazil has far better industrial base than Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom