What's new

Why is Bollywood dominated by Khatris?

lol you have entire encyclopedia of past Bollywood stars :p:
copy pasted from news links :) But yeh I do the reading. One should have.

I have developed this habit of reading about entertainment industry specially Urdu/Hindi because I am a person who hardly watch these movies be these Pakistani or Indian does not matter. So i never wanted to be left out among a circle of people where they discuss bollywood.

Forget about the looks. Randeep is a very fine actor.

I did watch some Indian movies just for his acting. I believe he is a better actor than Shahrukh or Salman Khan
Exactly, i like him for the exact same reason.
And also because of him being a proud Haryanvi.

Rajasthan girls also have some unique facial features not found in country anywhere else.

Actually the thread opener is talking about Indian film industry not about which region has more beautiful ladies or lads

What is khatri?
If india is made a part of Pakistan then this issue will be resolved.

Rajasthan girls also have some unique facial features not found in country anywhere else.
That's why i said haryana and neighbouring regions in first place.
Haryana,west UP, plains of uttarakhand,Rajasthan.:yahoo:

Haryanvi girls are mix pack some are hot headed and some are soft spoken :P
I like the hot headed ones...

All the Hindu actors with roots in modern day Pakistan will be so thankful of their parents and grand-parents for the their move to modern day India.

Actually the thread opener is talking about Indian film industry not about which region has more beautiful ladies or lads
Yea that was off-topic :-). Well Bollywood has lot of nepotism but you cant blame them. Why would the Directors, Actors, Producers not promote their own relatives instead of someone that is totally unknown?

A Punjabi and Tamil in the same nation makes as much sense as a Bosnian and Sudanese being in one #ThankYouBritain

Yeah. That's why the most successful nation in the world, the US, is a cocktail of exactly those as well as many other ethnicities, and not just thrives but excels at setting an example.
I still don't get peoples obsession with homogeneity. Unity in diversity is what we Indians believe in, as does the US (of course you will have people like you in both countries that harp on homogeneity)

What is khatri?
If india is made a part of Pakistan then this issue will be resolved.

So you're rejecting the two nation theory now?! Make up your mind kids!

All the Hindu actors with roots in modern day Pakistan will be so thankful of their parents and grand-parents for the their move to modern day India.
You don't say! Who would like to see their daughters kidnapped in front of them?

I agree on part that not all Brits rulers were good but they had a rule of justice that we lost .
What rule of justice? It was a series of collective punishment, massacres, killings and etc... 'to keep their peace'.

Much of the modern-day region of Pakistan had descended into banditry and looting due to the poverty the British had thrown us into. Most of it was lawless except for the major cities, the Western parts were especially bandit-infested.

Not to mention how the locals were treated by the British, like absolute shit.

Today you probably have a roof over your head, an abundance of food and water, necessities taken care of and etc... Back then you'd most likely be a servant for a British family or a debt-slave worker of a British landlord. As an azad country; a country populated by our own, defended by our own, ran by our own; i'm proud to call it my home. Although we still have some poverty and issues, we have improved dramatically and will continue to improve.

Our generation takes everything for granted. Many of our forefathers died, worked hard and punished trying to secure us a bright future.

pakistan punjabis , they're loud and love to dominate .
How so? I'm Punjabi, yet I see nor think nothing like what you said.

What rule of justice? It was a series of collective punishment, massacres, killings and etc... 'to keep their peace'.

Much of the modern-day region of Pakistan had descended into banditry and looting due to the poverty the British had thrown us into. Most of it was lawless except for the major cities, the Western parts were especially bandit-infested.

Not to mention how the locals were treated by the British, like absolute shit.

Today you probably have a roof over your head, an abundance of food and water, necessities taken care of and etc... Back then you'd most likely be a servant for a British family or a debt-slave worker of a British landlord. As an azad country; a country populated by our own, defended by our own, ran by our own; i'm proud to call it my home. Although we still have some poverty and issues, we have improved dramatically and will continue to improve.
There were no British landlords in the region of Pakistan nor were servants taken for British families, 'coolies' usually tended to be from South India or Bengal (their descendants are present among the Indo-Carribean community).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coolie

Locals were recruited into the army in large numbers and given some privileges.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom