What's new

Why is Bollywood dominated by Khatris?

Why is Bollywood everyone in Bollywood Khatri and everything has some sort of Punjabi theme/connection? Why don't they make films that star and have to do with the rest of our cultures?
Film making is a business. Needs investments and business strategies. Khatris are good at business, that may a reason. Kapoors, Khannas and other castes Bhatias are good looking people. So thats the reason may be.

Film making is a business. Needs investments and business strategies. Khatris are good at business, that may a reason. Kapoors, Khannas and other castes Bhatias are good looking people. So thats the reason may be.
Being good looking is very important in entertainment industry. Gone are the days when ugly ducklings like Amitabh, Shahrukh and Rajini Kanth can make big in this industry. Those who negate this fact are living in delusion.

Yeah it exists in North India, Bihar etc among Hindus can't do anything about it

It's horrible .
I came across many indians on internet who were fed up of this system and it made their life miserable .
Screenshot_2017-04-21-21-11-44.png

Being good looking is very important in entertainment industry. Gone are the days when ugly ducklings like Amitabh, Shahrukh and Rajini Kanth can make big in this industry. Those who negate this fact are living in delusion.
opposite now is the age of talent. we have nawaz irfan and many other great actors. even actoress such as kangana richa have grown.
the good looking means fit in todays age.

I'll give you the reasons. Lahori hindu khatris were educated and trading community and many already were in film industry. Looks have little to do with though being punjabi they will look different then other Indians on average. They quickly established themselves in Delhi to become elite and rich just like current day Pakistani Lahori elite.

Now they through nepotism have complete monopoly on bollywood which irk other Indians. These Indians with complexes then can't accept any Pakistani who make it big there like Fawad Khan.

opposite now is the age of talent. we have nawaz irfan and many other great actors. even actoress such as kangana richa have grown.
the good looking means fit in todays age.
Yeah, I meant good body, that is very important for actor/actress. Irfan though successful can never command fan following what Shahrukh, Amitabh, or Rajni do...no matter how good his acting is, while Ranveer Singh? Yes he can if he continues to do good movies.

Well a big fan of amitabh sahib.
In my opinion its overall inpact of actors personality and the era in which films are made is more of a concern rather then just facial value of actor. Rajiv Kapoor (ram teri ganga meli) is a big example.

Now they through nepotism have complete monopoly on bollywood which irk other Indians. These Indians with complexes then can't accept any Pakistani who make it big there like Fawad Khan.

On the contrary, the Khans and Punjabis of Bollywood circle jerk over Pakistani actors/actresses whereas a small minority and Shiv Sena/BJP Bhaks/RSS doesn't want them there.

On the contrary, the Khans and Punjabis of Bollywood circle jerk over Pakistani actors/actresses whereas a small minority and Shiv Sena/BJP Bhaks/RSS doesn't want them there.

True, that's what I meant. Last thing Indians want is to see is punjabis like Karan Johar bringing more from same tola in bollywood which is supposed to hindi/cow belt industry.

Well a big fan of amitabh sahib.
In my opinion its overall inpact of actors personality and the era in which films are made is more of a concern rather then just facial value of actor. Rajiv Kapoor (ram teri ganga meli) is a big example.
Amitabh Bachan is apparently half-Punjabi as well.

It's horrible .
I came across many indians on internet who were fed up of this system and it made their life miserable .
View attachment 396220
Caste system is a form of racial segregation prevalent in the subcontinent since the first Aryans arrived here. Its aim was to prevent mixing between the Aryans (upper castes) and Dalits (former Dravidians of the North who adopted Aryan language and culture). It still continues today for maintaining pure bloodlines, and breaching it often leads to violence

One thing I've noticed in Bollywood, that there'd be 3-4 Punjabi songs in almost every movie while there not being any other song from a regional language.
I was very surprised when I found out that Punjabis form only 2% of India, given how they were represented in Bollywood.

Back
Top Bottom