What's new

Why Indians are fat

You were really serious when you wrote this!

Darwin made such an elementary mistake and no one noticed for all these 100s of years?

Its a theory not a law.

Theories change when new evidence come to light, laws are constant.

Let me just say, and this will be classified as racist, but black girls are as far away from being "good physical specimens" as any can be. Black guys are usually tall and muscular, but black girls are usually overweight and loud and stupid.

Very stereotypical....not all black women are as you say above.

No.

Apparently, they have the money to waste and eat US junk food.

Others don't!

True, but only happens in Indian 1001 Nights.

Gpit,

Sweetheart of the pits, the Arabian Nights is not Indian!!

Quit living in a Han isolation!

There is world beyond, chum. We also exist!

Don't show how ignorant and stupid you are!

Let me educate you:

"Arabian Nights", a short form of "The Books of a Thousand Nights and a Night" is a collection of 1,001 Arabian stories that have been heard for many generations before they were recorded on paper. These stories have been compiled for over a 1,000 years by various authors, translators and scholars, though an original script has never been found. Its several versions date between 800-900 AD.

The only common text among them its beginning - the Persian Sultaan Shahariyaar and the queen Shaharzaad. This tale was first found in "Hazaar Afasaaney" (1,000 stories). But surprisingly there is no physical evidence of existence of this book. Some record only a few hundred tales some all 1,000 tales, and some more tales.

Well known stories from this book are "Allaadeen", "Alee Baabaa and Forty Thieves" and "Sindbaad the Sailor".

These stories have sometime been told and heard as folk stories during the reign of Khaleefaa Haaroon al-Rasheed who lived in Bagadaad between 786-808 AD. His Vazeer was killed by the Khaleefaa in a very cruel way, nobody ever knew why.

Its first existing Arabic printed version, published by the East India Company in 1814, is available in Calcuttaa. A second volume was released in 1818. Both volumes have 100 stories each. There are two more versions of its translations by Edward William Lane (1838-1840) and Sir Richard Burton (1885-1888). Lane's version excludes the vulgarity, while the Burton's version includes it.

Let me just say, and this will be classified as racist, but black girls are as far away from being "good physical specimens" as any can be. Black guys are usually tall and muscular, but black girls are usually overweight and loud and stupid.

You ain't been lookin at the right black girls then Solid ;)

You were really serious when you wrote this!

Darwin made such an elementary mistake and no one noticed for all these 100s of years?

I personally agree that evolution may be the best theory out there for now, but Asim is raising a point many people here in the US, including the Christian right and conservative think tanks and scientists (many of considerable repute and qualifications) also raise.

All you have to do is tune in to any conservative radio talk show, and you'll have PhD's in astronomy, genetics, biology etc. arguing against thge evolutionary theory. All they have are theories as well, but there is a strong push in the US currently to stop what the right calls "teaching of evolution as fact".

That movement is why the State of Kansas School board approved teaching intelligent design as a counter theory to evolution in class rooms.

Proposing alternate theories backed by counter logic is fine. Not believing a particular theory is also no great shakes.

Here it seemed more of an assertion "proving" the invalidity of the theory and pointing out some obvious inconsistencies.

We are waiting for that to come.

Proposing alternate theories backed by counter logic is fine. Not believing a particular theory is also no great shakes.

Here it seemed more of an assertion "proving" the invalidity of the theory and pointing out some obvious inconsistencies.

We are waiting for that to come.

If you propose an alternate theory, don't you automatically question the validity of any other theories? And good luck trying to disprove the "intelligent designer", even Dawkins hasn't been able to do that convincingly enough to convert many people on the other side.

Even if we agree that both the theories have equal merit, still any one theory is not disproved. That is all that I am trying to say. If I did not understand wrong, the original comment asserted to come out with arguments that will "conclusively" prove that the evolution theory is false.

May be we will see those convincing arguments shortly. ;)

Even if we agree that both the theories have equal merit, still any one theory is not disproved. That is all that I am trying to say. If I did not understand wrong, the original comment asserted to come out with arguments that will "conclusively" prove that the evolution theory is false.

May be we will see those convincing arguments shortly. ;)

Vinod:

This is what Asim said originally, which had nothing to do with disproving Evolution.
The theory of evolution is just a theory. You guys are making big assumptions as if it were a fact.
And this was Stealth's response:
Oh and evolution is a fact. The debate is over.

No one said the theory has been "disproved", though any honest individual recognizes that it does have holes in it, but that it was merely a theory.

Stealth in fact was the first to argue that the evolutionary theory was "fact".

I would say that the onus is on Stealth to show us how the evolutionary theory is an incontrovertible "fact"

A theory by definition is not incontrovertible, hence the theory of Evolution by definition admits it has flaws, and that it cannot be conclusively shown to be true.

P.S: I find it ironic that I am taking this position on this forum, since I can barely keep myself from smashing my radio in frustration when I listen to the Conservatives argue in favor of teaching intelligent design in classrooms as science.

No.

Apparently, they have the money to waste and eat US junk food.

Others don't!

Others are starting to eat up the same old junkfood. Its happening all over Pakistan, Middle East and I am sure India is no different.

Desi food makes me fat, I've restricted myself to have desi food average 1-2 a week only. Curries usually contain too much salt and oil and are overcooked making it less nutricious. :coffee:

Desi food makes me fat, I've restricted myself to have desi food average 1-2 a week only. Curries usually contain too much salt and oil and are overcooked making it less nutricious. :coffee:

Less nutritious matters little when it tastes so awesome!!! :pop:

Back
Top Bottom