What's new

Why India will not be able to match up with China

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am telling you the truth. I don't agree with those things but that is the truth. to give you some more info:

1. India means dirty in our mind.
2. There are a lot of corruptions in China, however, once compared with India, we all believe our officials are very efficient and honest.
3. There are rumors that you guys never use toilet paper.
4. It is said electricity can be cut off in New Delhi several times a week.
5. To visit India from Australia, you are required to have some vaccine first, the travel insurance is much more expensive compared to travel to China.
6. One of my Indian friends married a young lady who he even don't know.
7. a 25 years old friend of mine drinked her first cup of wine and told me this is totally not believable in India.
8. One of my Indian friends send a group invitation to about 10 people for his birthday dinner and said he will treat us in a "high end" restaurant - later proved to be a take away food shop in the CBD.
9. I told one of my Indian friends that I take shower twice a day, he was shocked and told me they take shower every three days.
10. last but not least, actually my favourite one: it took India 30 years to "test" their Arjun/LCA, but these junks are still not combat ready.

I seriously now doubt if Chinese or atleast you have any sense in you..stop taking pot shots at folks you are calling friends. What you are doing is called 'generalisation'....

The way you looking at anecdotal evidence and thinking that applies to all India is 'stupid'...all will agree except Pakistani friends here.....Im ashamed to have been up and debating with you....If I had known you are so silly

:smitten:I just don't get it, whenever you Indians debating almost anything

that had nothing related to China, you drag China into it , mostly for

for comparision in order to throw cheap shots.

And now, someone start a thread open for you to compare China

and India. You complaining it is a Indians bashing thread.

To me, if someone challenge me , I am better than you with facts,

I will try to prove him wrong with facts.

If i can't, i should better shut up and move on.:smitten:

:pakistan::china:

Webmaster....offtopic response..pls note

See, i will only prove with facts!

The only thing China can't match up with India ;

Does your Pepsi lack pep?

Is your Coke the real thing?

Hindu nationlist movement apparently has the answer!!

A new soft drink made from Cow Urine!!

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and...drink/article5707554.ece -

:smitten::pakistan::china:

This would go down very well with dog meat. Or maybe even insects - scorpions, silkworms even!

China's Carnivorous Eating Habits Become Food for Debate - Los Angeles Times

Yay!

:smitten:

:smitten:I just don't get it, whenever you Indians debating almost anything

that had nothing related to China, you drag China into it , mostly for

for comparision in order to throw cheap shots.

And now, someone start a thread open for you to compare China

and India. You complaining it is a Indians bashing thread.

To me, if someone challenge me , I am better than you with facts,

I will try to prove him wrong with facts.

If i can't, i should better shut up and move on.:smitten:

:pakistan::china:

To anyone on this forum its very clear where your loyalities lie; when I provided data to respond to Mr SHCHINESE...he conviniently ignores it. His tone has been derogatory unnecessarily...not sure why he wont be banned here...

There is no debate...any point made is responded by Pakistani 'friends' or Chinese 'fellows' with generalised b#$%^^hit. You are now talking in a response about cow urine.What? Whats so valid about that response except showing your level of thinking...

It shows me if not anything else that you dont like India at all and your responses are therefore totally biased. Most Indian folks here have not even contested the FACT that China is ahead of India today...if Chinese dont like Indians...its become very apparent here...

While Im not anti-anyone...but this forum just might change my views..at the minimum it illustrates what kind of society shchinese comes from ....closed.

Please dont bring in caste in everything, becoz while you can cite references from places that show it still exists; but the way its presented as omnipresent is wholly incorrect.

Damn...infact its not even a Hindu only phenomena it exists in other religious groups like Muslims as well...its origins dont matter.Most folks from India on this forum wont deal with any of that in their lifetime forget on a daily basis.

You can keep searching references that will refute the above but the exercise is pointless.....This clearly is a India bahing forum and not a discussion forum

Stoping dreaming! Full scale Japanese invasion started at 1938 -- Second Sino-Japanese war, lasting for 8 years. So what GDP data you are talking about? If there was any reliable data avalaible? If that's "all" one could count, not substantial hidden amount during war time when enermy troopers were just in front of your street corner? And who was the one counting those data, I wonder?

If there is no reliable data...How did you figure out China had a bigger per capita income than India in 1949?

You are one amazing character...Didnt know they made any like u.

we have much high life expectancy, far better education systems, women are treated equally as men.

trust me, there is no civil liberties for your female family members at all, can I just ask your mum/grandmum's education background and occupation? are they allowed to drink/smoke? how they married your father/grandfather? family arranged marriage?

I have seen so many young Indians getting married to those who they don't love or even know. I have met so many female Indians telling me the unfair treatment they received in India. The UN literacy survey clearly shows half of your female citizens couldn't read/write.

now you want to discuss civil liberties with me?

thanks, but you are not qualified - I grow up in Shanghai, the city which is famous for its female's liberties.

:smokin:

SHC - This is where I start losing you...
"are they allowed to drink/smoke?"...yes they are allowed all that even thoh your good Saudi friends might not allow the same...but pleez dont use these stupid arguements...now u will say are they allowed to smoke pot...well damn no..thats probably NOT allowed even in Amsterdam...

To your point of women rights..yes..things have improved a lot.
Well women didnt have it all good...in ANY society till recent times leave alone India...Pakistan lags much behind India in that respect.

An article below shos people improve/change over time..just like China did...it does not make China GREAT in the same way as it does mean tomorrow SAUDI ARABIA wont become a secular and women run society....things change...its a cycle...

Women in China
by Rit Nosotro
Change Over Time essay

From the age of foot binding through the communism of today, the role and rights of women have undergone drastic transformation in China. What has been the result of the communist revolution for women?

For centuries before the early 1900's, there was a prominent male domination in the country of China. Women were deprived of all rights and were present mainly to serve men. Women served as slaves, concubines, and prostitutes. Marriages were arranged, sometimes preparing a female from infancy to serve her future husband. This can be seen most effectively by the practice of foot binding. Beginning around the eleventh century, foot binding became a tradition. When a girl became three or four years of age her mother would tightly wrap her daughter's feet in bandages with her toes tucked under the soles. On top of this excruciating pain, the bandages would be tightened each day. If a woman's feet weren't bound she was considered unsuitable for marriage. In fact, it was preferred that the foot be around 3 inches in length.

The gruesome foot binding process as well as the other harsh treatment toward women in China continued for centuries until the demands by the nationalists of the 1920's called for women's rights. The Nationalist forces were not able to win against both the invading Japanese and the Communist army. Ironically, it was left to Mao Tse-Tsung and the Communist Party to formally outlaw many of the old Chinese laws and traditions. The practice of foot binding had become almost obsolete by the time he took power 1949. He believed that by forcing gender equality he could make China a world power. Although he persecuted Christians and mandated policies that lead to millions of deaths, he did lift shift the oppression of Chinese women from producing for the home to the producing for the state. Husbands were not allowed to abusing their wives, have concubines, or use prostitutes. Marriages could no longer be arranged, wives with unbound feet were encouraged, and divorce was made easier to obtain. Both sexes were forced to wear the same gender neutral padded clothing. These changes initially gave females an increasing sense of self-confidence as they were encouraged to join the work force, become a communist official, and pursue educational opportunities. This indeed was in stark contrast to centuries of being less than second class citizens. Women willingly followed Mao in 1958 with his provision of daycare and soup kitchens to push the patriotic "iron woman" into longer work hours for the benefit of the nation. Unfortunately, this national brainwashing of the "Great Leap Forward" led to the starvation of millions.
What have been the longer term results of dictator enforced equity? Do women today walk the streets of China with pride as they go to work in a variety of places? By law, women have equality in education, marriage, rights, and freedom. However, while there have been many improvements to women's roles in China, there are still some laws that have been ignored. The most insidious violation regards infanticide of female babies. Although killing a newborn child is illegal, killing the child before birth is promoted. Since 1997, hundreds of "mobile abortion clinics", complete with body clamps to hold down Women doing something "voluntarily", have been made to take abortion to the remote countryside.

With the availability of ultrasound and enforcement of the one child policy, China has an unnatural ratio of about 118 males to 100 females due to a half a million sex-specific abortions every year. The reasoning follows since males still have the greatest earning power in the workforce. With these earnings, and a decrease in available females, the abduction and sale of teenage girls is on the rise. Human Rights groups estimate hundreds of thousands of girls have been sold into prostitution and $500 mail-order brides since the economic boom of the late 1980s.

From the cruelties of foot binding to state coerced family planning, women have been played as pawns of the male dominated state. The function of women's literacy and workforce equality has been to improve communist state. It is for the reader to decide if these dramatic changes are cause for the Chinese woman to hold her head with pride in what her nation has done for her status.

I am telling you the truth. I don't agree with those things but that is the truth. to give you some more info:

1. India means dirty in our mind.

China means kitchenware in our country.

shchinese said:
2. There are a lot of corruptions in China, however, once compared with India, we all believe our officials are very efficient and honest.

you all "believe" huh??........good luck.:lol:

shchinese said:
3. There are rumors that you guys never use toilet paper.

imagine u fell into a pile of sh!t with face first. would u use a toilet paper to clean ur face like chinese or use water and wash it out like us Indians??

shchinese said:
4. It is said electricity can be cut off in New Delhi several times a week.

still we managed to get this far economically, didnt we?

shchinese said:
5. To visit India from Australia, you are required to have some vaccine first, the travel insurance is much more expensive compared to travel to China.

India is not a banana country to let sick people in and out without any rules. if u want to visit India, u have to go through our rules and guide lines. Still India is a tourism hot spot.

everybody knows china is "cheap"!!!

shchinese said:
6. One of my Indian friends married a young lady who he even don't know.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | China divorce rate rises by 20%

atleast ur Indian friend and spouse will stay together till the end of their life as Indian has one of the lowest divorce rate in the world. the question is....can you?

shchinese said:
7. a 25 years old friend of mine drinked her first cup of wine and told me this is totally not believable in India.

one of my chinese friend use to eat dogs when he was in China, this is considered as very gross in India. we consider them as a pet and a part of family!

shchinese said:
8. One of my Indian friends send a group invitation to about 10 people for his birthday dinner and said he will treat us in a "high end" restaurant - later proved to be a take away food shop in the CBD.

why count the number of teeths of a gifted horse?......he invite u, he bought u food......still blame him eh? i wonder why he keep friends like u.:rolleyes:

shchinese said:
9. I told one of my Indian friends that I take shower twice a day, he was shocked and told me they take shower every three days.

I asked my chinese friend why u take bath twice a day and he repied bcoz he stinks too much.:lol:

shchinese said:
10. last but not least, actually my favourite one: it took India 30 years to "test" their Arjun/LCA, but these junks are still not combat ready.

atleast people are not sueing India for shamefully copying other's stuff.

SHC - This is where I start losing you...
"are they allowed to drink/smoke?"...yes they are allowed all that even thoh your good Saudi friends might not allow the same...but pleez dont use these stupid arguements...now u will say are they allowed to smoke pot...well damn no..thats probably NOT allowed even in Amsterdam...

To your point of women rights..yes..things have improved a lot.
Well women didnt have it all good...in ANY society till recent times leave alone India...Pakistan lags much behind India in that respect.

An article below shos people improve/change over time..just like China did...it does not make China GREAT in the same way as it does mean tomorrow SAUDI ARABIA wont become a secular and women run society....things change...its a cycle...

Women in China
by Rit Nosotro
Change Over Time essay

From the age of foot binding through the communism of today, the role and rights of women have undergone drastic transformation in China. What has been the result of the communist revolution for women?

For centuries before the early 1900's, there was a prominent male domination in the country of China. Women were deprived of all rights and were present mainly to serve men. Women served as slaves, concubines, and prostitutes. Marriages were arranged, sometimes preparing a female from infancy to serve her future husband. This can be seen most effectively by the practice of foot binding. Beginning around the eleventh century, foot binding became a tradition. When a girl became three or four years of age her mother would tightly wrap her daughter's feet in bandages with her toes tucked under the soles. On top of this excruciating pain, the bandages would be tightened each day. If a woman's feet weren't bound she was considered unsuitable for marriage. In fact, it was preferred that the foot be around 3 inches in length.

The gruesome foot binding process as well as the other harsh treatment toward women in China continued for centuries until the demands by the nationalists of the 1920's called for women's rights. The Nationalist forces were not able to win against both the invading Japanese and the Communist army. Ironically, it was left to Mao Tse-Tsung and the Communist Party to formally outlaw many of the old Chinese laws and traditions. The practice of foot binding had become almost obsolete by the time he took power 1949. He believed that by forcing gender equality he could make China a world power. Although he persecuted Christians and mandated policies that lead to millions of deaths, he did lift shift the oppression of Chinese women from producing for the home to the producing for the state. Husbands were not allowed to abusing their wives, have concubines, or use prostitutes. Marriages could no longer be arranged, wives with unbound feet were encouraged, and divorce was made easier to obtain. Both sexes were forced to wear the same gender neutral padded clothing. These changes initially gave females an increasing sense of self-confidence as they were encouraged to join the work force, become a communist official, and pursue educational opportunities. This indeed was in stark contrast to centuries of being less than second class citizens. Women willingly followed Mao in 1958 with his provision of daycare and soup kitchens to push the patriotic "iron woman" into longer work hours for the benefit of the nation. Unfortunately, this national brainwashing of the "Great Leap Forward" led to the starvation of millions.
What have been the longer term results of dictator enforced equity? Do women today walk the streets of China with pride as they go to work in a variety of places? By law, women have equality in education, marriage, rights, and freedom. However, while there have been many improvements to women's roles in China, there are still some laws that have been ignored. The most insidious violation regards infanticide of female babies. Although killing a newborn child is illegal, killing the child before birth is promoted. Since 1997, hundreds of "mobile abortion clinics", complete with body clamps to hold down Women doing something "voluntarily", have been made to take abortion to the remote countryside.

With the availability of ultrasound and enforcement of the one child policy, China has an unnatural ratio of about 118 males to 100 females due to a half a million sex-specific abortions every year. The reasoning follows since males still have the greatest earning power in the workforce. With these earnings, and a decrease in available females, the abduction and sale of teenage girls is on the rise. Human Rights groups estimate hundreds of thousands of girls have been sold into prostitution and $500 mail-order brides since the economic boom of the late 1980s.

From the cruelties of foot binding to state coerced family planning, women have been played as pawns of the male dominated state. The function of women's literacy and workforce equality has been to improve communist state. It is for the reader to decide if these dramatic changes are cause for the Chinese woman to hold her head with pride in what her nation has done for her status.

Here's another example of Indians telling lies.

This 'author' has BS "facts" that are BLANTANTLY WRONG. 118:100 ratio is so out-of-wack-full-of-lies-its-not-even-funny! :rofl::rofl::rofl: And full of other lies, and mis-representations. :what:

Nearly ALL societies have uneven male:female ratio, it's only natural to give birth to more males than females. China's ratio is SLIGHTLY higher than average due to SOME preference of males over female, HOWEVER it is STILL MUCH LOWER THAN INDIA'S (i.e. female infantacide, read about it).

Secondly, India has a HIGHER CHILD (and overall) PROSTITUTION RATE (and absolute numbers) than China. Difference is India's prostitution serves the 'domestic market' while Foreigners flock to SE Asia (China + Korea + Japan) and Latin America and Eastern Europe for their 'sex tourism'.

:undecided:

To conclude, yes these are problems faced by China and EVERY other nation. Furthermore, it is quite hypocritical that the points you used, India is even MORE guilty of. :hitwall: Now, as this is a common problem for all of us, we need to WORK TOGETHER to solve it. :yahoo:

Last edited:
OK.....

This thread was excellent at the start with a very good and mature debate. But the second half has become hate filled with some unecessary India bashing. Quite a few of the things the OP was making fun of in his ever so subtle manner are also a part of Pakistani culture ie. arranged marriages etc. so it is kind of baffling for me why no Pakistanis spoke up against him???

I'm as patriotic as any Pakistani but I find the failure of any of us to say anything against the OPs hate dissapointing. Can't really tolerate our customs/traditions being denigrated.

But the difference is Indians produce Cow Urine Soft Drink in their

Factory!!

And Indians are proud of it, consider to be their latest achivement!!

By the way, they even plan to export it, just wonder which country

will be the lucky one??:cheers::pakistan::china:

:disagree:

Do you have issues sticking to topic? Offtopic BS and flamebating can get you banned. Make logical arguments brother.

OK.....

This thread was excellent at the start with a very good and mature debate. But the second half has become hate filled with some unecessary India bashing. Quite a few of the things the OP was making fun of in his ever so subtle manner are also a part of Pakistani culture ie. arranged marriages etc. so it is kind of baffling for me why no Pakistanis spoke up against him???

I'm as patriotic as any Pakistani but I find the failure of any of us to say anything against the OPs hate dissapointing. Can't really tolerate our customs/traditions being denigrated.

Agreed. When some members start to post nonsensical lies, it (sometimes) becomes necessary to refute it. However, we shouldn't get personal (even if it is true). Regarding arranged marriages, my feeling it it depends. For example 'forced' arranged marriages is not pleasant, but 'supported' arranged marriages (with right to refusal) is okay. Stuff like India brings to mind 'dirty', while true is NOT a nice thing to say. We should NOT make fun of people for being poor and lacking toilet paper/facilities --- if we need to bring this up, ask WHY they are in that situation (e.g. government corruption).

Let's get back to topic. I think most Indian friends here do enjoy the reasons and the interesting photos -- it serves as a reminder to keep up motivation. :cheers: The reasons come off as 'harsh', but that is because many members here are unfamiliar with these facts.

:disagree:

Do you have issues sticking to topic? Offtopic BS and flamebating can get you banned. Make logical arguments brother.

I always stick to the topic, that was a response to post#202

Don't you try to make up an one side story!!:pakistan::china:

And what about the racist remark in post#46, Chinaman?

Last edited:
Actually, i did report that post of schinese and another chinese aimraul asked him to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom